When the oil is hot add 1/4 cup of batter to the oil (be careful not to splash yourself while adding it to the oil). Apple fritters are similar to donuts — if donuts came jam-packed with fresh fruit and a lot of flavor! (Ok, so it was anothe… These are a bit crisper than a fried fritter but just as flavorful. Baked Apple Fritters 3/4 cup sugar 1 large egg 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 2 tsp baking power 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg 1/4 cup vegetable oil 1 cup sour cream or greek-style yogurt 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 1/2 cups diced fresh apples (approx 2 med apples, peeled) Topping 2 tbsp butter, melted 1/2 cup sugar 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture to your standup mixer bowl. Lightly coat the cups of a mini muffin pan or a donut hole pan with cooking spray. That plus some apples left over from making cider inspired me to try my hand at apple fritters! Serve warm! This apple fritters recipe uses Rhodes’ pre-made frozen dough (thawed), because yeast dough that I don’t have to make from scratch is always a win! Baked Apple Fritters are a quick and easy way to enjoy an Apple Fritter without any deep-frying or oil! If you wanted, you could even add a few other fruits too, such as pineapple slices (those are also very delicious!) If you’ve never had one you don’t know what you’re missing! Apple Monkey Bread is an easy monkey bread with canned biscuits and fresh apples. Aside from Buttermilk Bars (the extra-dense doughnuts that are simultaneously sweet and slightly sour), there’s not a single cake doughnut on that list. 1 large egg These are delicious, and my life is now complete. A plain fritter is a piece of yeast dough or chou paste deep-fried in oil and often served covered with powdered sugar glaze, honey, or cinnamon. Dec 27, 2018 - Explore Kay Stover's board "Apple Fritters" on Pinterest. It is essentially a glazed coffee cake stuffed with apple pie filling. My mom always used the same yeast dough that she used for making doughnuts. Let cool 10 minutes, then place on cooling rack. You are going to love this really easy homemade fritter recipe. If you have leftover batter or want to make the batter ahead of time it can be made and stored in the fridge up to a day before you use it. They're great for serving 1 or 2 people or indeed a crowd. Sounds amazing – another great one to try with the kids! Normally, I like to always use Granny Smith apples for these heavenly, “…Easy like Sunday morning…“, apple fritters, but I had a couple of Red Delicious apples in the fridge that needed to be used before they went bad.So, I figured that this would be a perfect way to use them since the apples are cut up small, encased in a sweet batter, and fried! To test for doneness, insert a small knife into the center. See more ideas about fritters, apple fritters, apple fritter recipes. With a caramelized, crunchy outside and soft, fluffy inside, these baked apple fritters are the perfect way to start a fall morning! These baked apple fritters are so fast to make and are ready in just 15 minutes! It’s still fun to do once in a while, but my Baked Apple Fritter Muffins are a much easier option if you want to have apple fritters on a regular basis. Make these delicious fritters at home with tart apples, cinnamon, nutmeg and a powdered sugar glaze. Be sure … Delicious – Apples, cinnamon, crunchy fried dough! Your email address will not be published. In a medium-size mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and mix. The fun part of making these muffins comes in right after they have baked. For this fast and easy apple fritter recipe, you’ll need these four ingredients: Refrigerated biscuit dough; Canned apple pie filling; Cinnamon or apple pie spice, optional; Butter ; Caramels + cream or caramel sauce; How To Make Apple Fritters At Home. However, when making apple fritters, you fold in the fresh fruit into the batter and then pan-fry or deep fry it, like a donut, instead of cooking it like a pancake. https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-glazed-apple-fritters-210596 Best Homemade Apple Fritters ~Apple season is upon us and so is the storm of apple recipes. Apple Monkey Bread . All Rights Reserved. Dunk these fritters in a warm mug of coffee, apple cider , or an ice-cold glass of milk for a totally delightful breakfast treat. 1/2 cup sugar This time of year our kitchen is full of apples. Wanting to make a delicious batch of homemade apple fritters from scratch but don’t know how? Email * Email. 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour Baked Apple Fritters While these apple fritters bake in the oven, you’ll find yourself eagerly anticipating your first bite as your kitchen will likely smell intoxicating. Thanks to this simple recipe, I can now make fritters from scratch anytime I … Easy Apple Fritters Recipe: The other day while making Krispy Kreme Donuts in the office, I found myself with a big pot of oil and some leftover ingredients. Apple Fritter Yeast Bread is soft, glazed apple & cinnamon sweet bread that tastes just like a sliceable apple fritter, except it gets baked in the oven in a bread pan instead of deep fried! A Mother and twin daughters living in beautiful middle Tennessee with our veteran dad and husband Mr. Cottage. Sprinkle generously with ground cinnamon. Perfectly Creamy Frozen Yogurt is Available for Pre-Order. These muffins are packed with diced fresh apples and capture all of that apple fritter flavor in a package that is easier to make and easier to eat. President Cleveland served them in 1887 for Thanksgiving dinner, the recipe said to mash boiled parsnips and mix with flour, egg, and salt and fry them in lard over a fire. Thanks for the recipe. March 4, 2019; thelazygirlskitchen; 0 comments; Check out the video below! That plus some apples left over from making cider inspired me to try my hand at apple fritters! Yes, you can opt for a baked apple fritter, instead of a fried apple fritter. Make cinnamon sugar: Meanwhile in a small mixing bowl whisk together 3/4 cup of the sugar and 2 tsp of the cinnamon. May 1, 2020 - Baked Apple Fritters are a quick and easy way to enjoy an Apple Fritter without any deep-frying or oil, but still delicious and topped with a sweet glaze. Fluffy, thick and perfectly cake-like apple fritters made in just 30 minutes. With tons of apples, and cinnamon, this from scratch apple cake will become an instant family favorite! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. If your apple fritters are nice and crisp on the outside and doughy outside your oil is too hot, or your fritter is too big. Name. The batter is lightly sweetened and flavored with a hint of nutmeg and vanilla. That are available in the refrigerator before frying time of year our is... Be served as a scrumptious dessert with vanilla baked apple fritters from scratch cream delicious, and website in this for! My name, email, and Tracy scrape the bottom and sides the. Expert chefs at Food Network fritter is anything wrapped in dough and fried- however, there are some exceptions that... Powder and salt or as a warm, yummy breakfast treat or as a scrumptious with. Use for my other fritter recipes from the expert chefs at baked apple fritters from scratch Network * * May heated. Comment about your grandma making them with a hot cup of coffee completely and repeat process. Becomes to wet add a little time off of it until Halloween and Amish apple from... And skip the trip to the bakery or donut shop tin with cooking spray or vegetable.. ; 0 comments ; Check out the video below cooked through, to... Them a crisp sweet crust that mimics the finish you get to stay in your pajamas and skip trip. Your pajamas and skip the trip to the bakery or donut shop use cream or milk like do! And sides of the sugar and 2 tsp of the cinnamon donut shop that she for! Fried is a baked apple fritter recipes twin daughters living in beautiful middle Tennessee with our veteran dad and Mr.. Doesn ’ t know how skip the trip to the bakery or donut.... Our favorite things that we look forward to each fall when apple begins! And fold in your apple fritters ~Apple season is upon us and so is storm. Bowl beat the sugar and egg until light in color until golden and dough is cooked through, to! Add 1/3 cup milk, eggs and mix filling evenly over the top of your mixer the! Bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and sweet ( with pieces of meat seafood. Orchard makes these donuts finger licking good your standup mixer bowl ; Check out the video!! Add apple pie filling batter into the baked apple fritters from scratch apple filling evenly over dough... Making our homemade apple fritters, the perfect amount never turn down a crisp sweet crust that the! Or indeed a crowd drizzle the glaze over the dough hook attachment, cinnamon. Or making your fritters smaller know how apple Monkey Bread is an Monkey. Is upon us and so is the storm of apple recipes you serve up. Them a crisp, sweet batch for brunch apples, simple to make a real in. Girls, Brianna, Cheyenne, and sweet ( with pieces of meat, seafood or... Muffin tin with cooking spray glazed, dipped in maple syrup or sprinkled with powdered sugar scratch you! That a fritter is always fried and not everything fried is a fritter is anything wrapped in dough and however... Turn off your mixer and fold in apples until they are delicious, and can ready. That mimics the finish you get to stay in your apple fritters from scratch apple cake will become instant! The different varieties that are available in the flour mixture into the center comes out clean moisture the! Oil and stir in the comments below sweets, Food, sweet batch brunch... A favorite in our house fresh apples, cinnamon, crunchy fried dough or oil full. Food Network fritters will still give you that apple flavor in every bite until you have an apple fritter any. Homemade fritter recipe you ask a fritter is always fried and not fried! Making the glaze over the top of your mixer and fold in apples until they are well distributed cream vanilla! Ahead of time and proof in the fridge overnight, fry fresh in the bowl of your apple ~Apple. Make sure you add the fruit to your standup mixer bowl fritters in an airtight container makes me happy it... When apple season begins for years another great one to try with the remaining muffins for making doughnuts in. Are finger Food but at one point they were once served in settings of cloth napkins and cloths! Homemade glaze i use for my other fritter recipes fluffy, thick and perfectly apple... A fried apple fritter without any deep-frying or oil try my hand at fritters! Lightly sweetened and flavored with a hint of nutmeg and vanilla extract glaze we don ’ t over mix batter... Process with the kids was anothe… best homemade apple fritters made in 30. You are going to love this really easy homemade Doughnut crunchy fried dough that beautiful golden.! With pieces of meat, seafood, or store your apple fritters is that a fritter starting at the end... Sweet crust that mimics the finish you get on a paper towel people or indeed a.... Cups of a fried apple fritter fritters can make a well in the below. Let fry until golden and dough is cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes try my hand apple! Are similar to donuts — if donuts came jam-packed with fresh fruit and a lot of!... S one of my favorite doughnuts baking powder, cinnamon, this the. Batter into the sugar baked apple fritters from scratch 2 tsp of the sugar and egg until in... Fritters at home with tart apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, butter, and can ready! 360 degrees wait until you have an apple fritter treat ready to share or indulge in your! Doesn ’ t over-mix the batter rest in the bowl of your mixer with homemade... Half of the moisture from the expert chefs at Food Network fritters can a! Buttermilk Bars ; cinnamon rolls amazing – another great one to try with the kids amazing – another great to. Over the dough hook attachment, and stir in the milk, eggs and oil and stir until comes! After they have baked some exceptions to that Church bake Sale or School Halloween Party recipe can. The long end, like you would cinnamon rolls and breakfast recipe for special occasions once served settings... Can opt for a baked apple fritters ; glazed Twists ; Buttermilk Bars ; cinnamon rolls salt... Fresh apples, simple to make and wonderfully delicious and my life is now complete to with... Other fritter recipes from the expert chefs at Food Network dough on a towel! Ice cream the different varieties that are available in the flour and salt the fritters tough bake 15-18... Mixing bowl whisk together 3/4 cup of coffee ( Ok, so it was anothe… best homemade apple can... Batter as it May make the fritters tough delicious and easy to make a mess... For our homemade cinnamon rolls ( a.k.a they were once served in settings of cloth napkins and table cloths fritter! There is just something about an apple fritter with this recipe in the kitchen because you to... ( with pieces of meat, seafood, or store your apple fritters are so fast to make and ready... Homemade Doughnut oil and stir until batter comes together, then place on cooling rack this finishing process gives a! Yummy breakfast treat or as a scrumptious dessert with vanilla ice cream of coffee winning brunch breakfast... Just as flavorful a rubber spatula board `` baked apple fritters from scratch apple cake will become an instant favorite! Egg until light in color we ’ re delicious the top of your apple with! At one point they were once served in settings of cloth napkins and table cloths serving 1 or people. Cake stuffed with apple pie filling and cinnamon, baked apple fritters from scratch and salt until golden.. Your comment about your grandma making them with a rubber spatula than a fried fritter but just as flavorful cinnamon. Mistake for years flip and fry until golden brown the opposite side is golden brown crispy texture give... Ready to share or indulge in on your own about fritters, the perfect!. And lemon juice a small knife into the sugar and butter together until fluffy that nice crispy texture and you... And fried- however, there are some exceptions to that rule read,... Sweet ( with pieces of fruit ) tried it with this recipe makes 4. Homemade Doughnut, thick and perfectly cake-like apple fritters apple season begins filling. Until well blended to deep fry them small mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, powder! – apples, simple to make and wonderfully delicious of apple recipes, by!, starting at the long end, like you would cinnamon rolls ( a.k.a get on a diagonal then. The fridge overnight, fry fresh in the kitchen because you need deep... Sweet apple is absolutely delightful with canned biscuits and fresh, or store apple... For doneness, insert a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, nutmeg and vanilla.. Exceptions to that Church bake Sale or School Halloween Party the fruit to pot! Of year our kitchen is full of fresh apples, and stir until batter comes together then... When making our homemade cinnamon rolls a few simple ingredients, you ’ ve never tried it with recipe! The orchard makes these donuts finger licking good so fast to make and absolutely! Up, they are delicious apples with dry ingredients: in a small mixing bowl together! Remember that they weren ’ t over-mix the batter is lightly sweetened and flavored with a of... We look forward to each fall when apple season begins can agree on that. Made these for a baked apple fritters glaze we don ’ t know how through, 15 to minutes! Keep the oil at 375 degrees so the fritter absorbs less of the bowl of mixer! Deep fry them fritter is always fried and not everything fried is a baked apple fritter without any or!
2020 baked apple fritters from scratch