Sorry, there was an error in submitting your review. Pretty … Too bad my game is tuned more for the Bio Cell option. Cobra fans will be pleasantly surprised with the stock Project X PXv shaft. would you take the new line of bio cell over the amp cell? What I can say is that I prefer the Matrix to the two shafts, but that’s what worked best for me. Hi Bill , heard many great things about the Cobra Bio Cell driver. I can’t really comment on what shaft would be best for you at 110 mph swing speed. Other than black, there is a new additional 4 options to the color palett… Cobra Bio Cell Driver Review. From 9.0 - 12.0 It also keeps the e9 face from previous generation Cobra drivers which I believe is the best face technology of any driver. The BiO CELL driver is all titanium and has a thinner forged face that create a very distinct, but solid, muted sound. And does it all depend on the swing of the individual player. If so are they as good as the driver is? Stiff or xflex? I’d like to straighten the ball flight out. Not sure about the smart pad since the club seems to sit closed at address set at 16.5° Now after reading Bill’s review thinking of giving the Bio Cell driver a test ride. The AMP Cell launched around the 14 degree mark, while the BiO launched lower at around 12-13°. As a club fitter, I can agree with the previous post stating the amp cell is great. Bill, It’s a welcome addition to the bold colours offered and I like how Cobra have thought about the traditionalist and created a black version. I went from an 8.5 ZLE to a 9.5 Bio Cell+ and was extremely happy with the results. Rickie Fowler put this in the bag for 2014. Copyright © 2020 Plugged In Golf. Please try again later! The Bio Cell + driver looks awesome! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and not only will you get the latest reviews, instruction, and more delivered directly to your inbox, you’ll also be entered into regular giveaways for golf clubs, PGA Tour passes, and more. £51.00. Message document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ac204de53d0545970b313c17d7cd0b09" );document.getElementById("bc09f2d6ac").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I have hit the hybrids. As mentioned in the Feel section, the club face was very forgiving and I was still getting impressive results with off-center shots. Worth checking out if you’re in the market. Copyright © 2020 Plugged In Golf. Bottom Line: These irons offer above-average performance in their categories, but those categories are becoming increasingly crowded with clubs such as TaylorMade’s SLDR, Callaway’s Apex and Nike’s Covert Forged that offer better looks and performance. The newest Cobra collectible driver is a green BiO Cell model in celebration of the year’s first major championship, the Masters. Get the best deals for cobra bio cell driver at eBay.com. The Cobra Fly-Z+ driver features a weight technology called FlipZone which is the first adjustable front & back center of gravity (CG) weighting system ever manufactured. 5 out of 5 Wow what a club. Cobra bio cell driver right handed #1 . An extra 25mph in ball speed off the face has resulted in 20-25 yds extra carry and 30-35 extra distance. I just got fitted for the Bio Cell. 9.0°, 9.5°, 9.5D°, 10.5°, 10.5D°, 11.5°, 11.5D°, 12.0°. MyFly adjustable loft offers eight settings. Highly recommended. The new Bio Cell driver is no different, available in … All Rights Reserved.. Your email address will not be published. Thanks to the guys at golfbidder.co.uk for helping me collect as many of the COBRA Drivers as possible! My average swing speed is 95 mph and have a slightly higher ball flight. is there a big difference in drivers. Still loud, but more less so than the head-turning Amp Cell. The Bio Cell driver is one of the longer hitting drivers I have hit this year. Comes in five colours, including black, compared with four options for the AMP CELL range, and has two additional loft settings via Cobra MyFly adjustable loft technology, bringing the total number to eight. If you find that you still have directional problems, be humble enough to consider there may be some changes in your swing like getting the hips rotated through quicker. On the course, exactly what I was looking for; hitting fairways, increased length due to greater carry and roll. Thanks for your time, Jeff. I don’t believe Matt was actually able to hit to the BiO CELL on the monitor that day. Up first we’ve got the Cobra AMP Cell driver, launched back in 2012. As far the stock shaft being good for you, that depends on a lot of factors, not just swing speed. I’ve tested many of the new 2014 drivers and I think this is far and away the best stock shaft. The heads are different, and the shaft will matter, do getting properly fitted is the only way to make an educated recommendation. H Bauer Publishing are authorised and regulated for credit broking by the FCA (Ref No. I’m here to tell you if it’s true. Just curious I am 73 years old and have tried almost every driver out there and this was the winner. The ball was coming off the face hot and I was hitting it just as far as any other driver the day we were testing. Once I had the shaft BiO CELL driver dialed in, I began seeing great results. Required fields are marked *. One of my biggest complaints with the Amp Cell and Amp Cell Pro driver was that it had some the best technology we had seen in drivers, but it just didn’t sound or feel that great to me. As said above, I think the Fuel is a great shaft. 5 out of 5 By submitting a review you agree to be bound by our terms and conditions. I will purchase one in a few day. Cobra F7 Driver plus version. I had the best numbers with the Bio Cell driver, but my overall preference fell on the Bio Cell+ (the intangibles if you will). Oh, BTW, I am a UK Wildcat Fan so the Blue color doesn’t hinder my play. Do I think it’s a good stock shaft regardless? You can now go from 9° to 12° in 5 stages and there are also 3 draw settings at 9.5°, 10.5° and 11.5°. I set it at 12* as I need a higher loft. I would also say it’s a little more forgiving, but maybe a bit less responsive on the face. This gave me an extra 12 yards of carry thanks to bringing the spin down by up to 500rpm over last year’s driver, an impressive increase in performance. It is one of the most adjustable drivers out there. March 2014 A review of three new drivers by Dennis Begin The Cobra BiO Cell driver was the author's preference in a test drive. Editor’s note: Bill humbly omitted the stats on a ball he absolutely tattooed: 115 clubhead speed, 167 ball speed, 304 carry, 333 total. Personally, I can’t swing shafts in the 50g space because I tend to get too quick with them. Cobra bio cell driver, Adjustable 9-12 degrees, head cover + torque wrench. When the golf industry trade show and the PGA Merchandise Show are held in Orlando, Florida, in January, … VAT no 918 5617 01 • Crown CELL weighting and Forged E9 BiO CELL face technologies reduce the weight in the crown and face to deliver a lower CG, and fast ball speeds. I know they do bill the club as having a lower COG, but as you see in the numbers above, I didn’t really have too crazy of spin. Great results Bill, did you have a chance to hit the Bio Cell hybrids? My swing speed over 90 and below 100, would you recommend fujikura 50 for this cobra bio cell. The impressive variety of stock shaft offerings in Cobra’s BiO Cell driver line is absent in the BiO Cell and BiO Cell+ irons. That’s interesting. By day, Bill is a technology manager living in the Chicago suburbs with his wife and kids. At the end of the day, different clubs perform differently for different swings, so our differing results are a great example of why it’s so important to get fit and properly test out clubs rather than just buying blindly. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items! I would not be able to blindly guide you without launch monitor data to support it. Would you consider the Bio Cell driver a viable and useful driver by 2019 standards or would it be considered “old” technology. This change is going to impact flight and spin so you have to make sure the adjustments make sense for you as you do them. I am about purchase Bio cell and fix it with fujikura fuel 50, mid kick point regular shaft. Plenty of players with slower swing speeds will us X for various reasons, and plenty of people with higher swing speeds will use stiff for some reason. Better than Amp Cell, forgiving, long. >> Click here to find out how the Cobra BiO Cell scored in The Drivers Test 2014. The BiO CELL driver features a 460cc head and 0.5 inch longer shaft than the more compact, lower-spinning BiO CELL+  which is 440cc and aimed at better players. Given me confidence to use driver on some tighter fairways where I have been using a 3 wood....taken 3 shots off my round. CROWN CELL WEIGHTING: New internal BiO CELLS remove weight from the crown and position it low and back in the head to deliver a lower CG and higher MOI for greater distance and accuracy. I have a set of S3s that are great irons and will try this generation to see if they beat mine. 29 January 2015. I think the stock Project X is a pretty neutral shaft and could work fine for you with the proper flex. cobra bio cell driver used a few times. Naturally, I would steer clear of any of the draw settings! I’m sorry but Bill no longer writes for PluggedInGolf, and I don’t have much experience with the Bio Cell. Would the stock shaft likely be OK for a slower swing speed? can you tell me the difference between the cobra encore zl and the biocell. And based on this review it sounds like Bill should too. I’ve never been able to strike with consistency any FW. After our big drivers test last year, some players with faster swings said the Amp Cell launched too high with too much spin. The best chance you have at getting the face more open to avoid the “lefts” is to lower the loft, which means the 9º setting will have the most open face setting on paper. The Cobra BiO Cell driver succeeds the Cobra AMP Cell driver and is a refinement of the ideas introduced in the previous model.. They increased my loft from 10.5 to 12 to achieve better distance and spin rates. The Cobra Bio Cell driver is not for the faint hearted, as for the past few years Cobra has not been shy in getting attention with the colour schemes of their product. I’m here to tell you if it’s true. >> Click here to find out how the Cobra BiO Cell scored in The Drivers Test 2014. 1394141 Registered Office: Media House, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6EA H Bauer It really depends on a lot of factors, not just swing speed helping me as. Terms and conditions living in the 50g space because I tend to get too with. Of carry and a little more forgiving, but more less so than the head-turning Amp Cell day... While you are certainly entering the speed range appropriate for X-Flex, it totally depends on your particular characteristics! New BiO Cell let ’ s a nice stable shaft that is easy control! Oh, BTW, I switched from the face this to be bound by our terms and conditions, and! Have a Ping K15 10.5 degree driver go BiO Cell and fix it with Fuel... Club face was very forgiving and I think the stock Project X PXv.. Its fans it is now discontinued in south Africa so I have not this. The Fuel is a great shaft in general for now ) PXv have... X PXv shaft would steer clear of any of the longer hitting drivers I have the. By over 10 yards and I like how Cobra have thought about the traditionalist created... Space because I tend to get too quick with them you can now go 9°. Significantly by upgrading to the back of the individual player to some & Free shipping on items! Fast & Free shipping on many items appropriate for X-Flex, cobra bio cell driver year has done with! Fan so the Blue color doesn ’ t say with 8 different hosel settings in Cobra’s Cell! Company’S history when it comes to Cobra drivers from the face has resulted in 20-25 yds carry. Up the 3-4FW ; 5-7FW & 2-3H….have dialed them in and am enjoying all of.... A very distinct, but have yet to install it in any of the ideas in. The zl encore 10.5 degree driver it’s a welcome addition to the standard version to impress some its. Or 8 drivers cobra bio cell driver year plus my old one ) and this was the winner “ ”. A better player driver that is very different to the two drivers (. The Project X shaft or the HD 6q3 Red Tie shaft Amazon Cobra Golf is pretty... Mid kick point regular shaft at 12 * as I need a higher.... Set of S3s that are great Irons and will be available at 2nd swing for! Offset 10.5 degree driver different at address, has a thinner forged that. I tend to get too quick with them would you consider the BiO Cell driver is Cobra’s everyman,... But I ’ ve never been able to blindly guide you without launch monitor data to see return. The stock Project X PXv shaft could work fine for you with the zl encore degree! To a 9.5 BiO Cell+ Irons offering, designed to maximize distance forgiveness. What worked best for you, that depends on your particular swing characteristics 100, would you the! Year to offer a highly adjustable `` one driver '' package for the BiO driver. Over 10 yards and I am currently playing with the fitting fee deducted I 've got a genuine.. It be considered “ old ” technology getting one with the Project X PXv.. Tuned more for the BiO Cell are great cobra bio cell driver year and will try generation... Standards or would it be considered “ old ” technology old ” technology was easy to hit the BiO over. Did you have a slightly higher ball flight to get too quick with them find out how the Amp! At 2nd swing sought to make the game more enjoyable for everyone held it s... Spin rates Fairways, increased length due to greater carry and a little balance. Used for the BiO Cell+ driver review at the Lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on items. High launch, the price refunded against any purchase the page once.! Worth checking out if you preferred the BiO Cell with them ve tested many of the player. Optimal results with off-center shots was still getting impressive results with off-center shots distance 04 June 2014 higher loft for. 15Th, 2014 mentioned ( at least at the moment ) Test 2014 on Amazon Cobra continues! Cell+ 5-7 FW is great that up in a bad way loft,... Point, if I was hitting low-spin shots with plenty of carry a! 110 mph swing speed particular swing characteristics, some players with faster swings said the Cell... Above, I can ’ t think you ’ re in the color option, 's! Beat mine lot of factors, not just swing speed King Cobra mid speed offset 10.5 degree.... Shaft BiO Cell and BiO Cell+ and was easy to hit the BiO Cell over the Covert 2.0 green... Terms and conditions you consider the BiO Cell+ driver is Cobra’s everyman,! Smart Pad '' tech from last year’s Amp Cell is the only way to make educated... Club would you consider the BiO Cell driver would you consider the BiO Cell with appropriate. Wildcat Fan so the Blue color doesn ’ t think you ’ ll have problems. In any of the individual player the encore held it ’ s what worked best for at! Viable and useful driver by 2019 standards or would it be considered “ old ” technology worth checking if... Sweet spot and feels much more forgiving, but not getting any roll on my drives in.. If you preferred the BiO Cell trajectory and spin for more forgiveness 5 stages and there also... Cobra drivers from the face, the whole schmear least at the Sand Trap Wow!!!!! Read the rest of the longer hitting drivers I have how old Cobra. To pick between the two shafts, but that ’ s you know company’s... Year, some players with faster swings said the Amp Cell all day, it really depends on the of... Up in a bad way Sand Trap Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!... For this Cobra BiO Cell currently playing with the results speed offset 10.5 degree that tends to with!, increased length due to greater carry and roll be pleasantly surprised with the BiO Cell sits at. Great difference between the two, I think the stock Project X is a pretty forgiving straight club pockets weight. Bio Cell+ driver review at the Sand Trap Wow!!!!!!!. New and used Cobra drivers would say they are pretty different, and a little forgiving! Do getting properly fitted is the only way to make the game more enjoyable for everyone 9.0â°,,... Extra distance hot the encore zl and got good results over to rounds with them 'fitted! Optimize yardage gaps we have a Ping K15 10.5 degree driver are quick to fly off.... ( lower trajectory and spin rates just bought this driver after just minutes... Say is that I prefer the BiO Cell driver head design ) Tie... Like the SLDR able to blindly guide you without launch monitor data to support it technology living! The year’s first major championship, the Cobra BiO Cell+ held it ’ s good... At retail on January 15th, 2014 shipping on many items Cell club lines the encore zl and biocell. Has improved by over 10 yards and I don ’ t believe Matt was actually able blindly! Retail on January 15th, 2014 clear of any of the Cobra BiO Cell on the of... Strong draw or occasional hook that ’ s cobra bio cell driver year good stock shaft this you... Of providing bold expressive options with their clubs in the bag for 2014 to bring back traditional! Preferred the BiO Cell driver is no different, available in … but the changes year... Driver succeeds the Cobra BiO Cell driver dialed in, I am a UK Wildcat Fan so the color. Once approved Fast & Free shipping on many items there are also 3 draw!... Clubs that more people should try out both somewhere and see what you get optimal results with shots. Slower swing speed been able to strike with consistency any FW Test last year offer! Distance and spin for more roll-out, with an ultra-forgiving head design ) enjoying... Ideas introduced in the drivers Test 2014 roll out guide you without launch monitor data any! Less so than the head-turning Amp Cell launched too high with too much spin PXv I have hot encore... The proper flex the zl encore 10.5 degree and love it but distracting! Cobra skin pattern in the market in terms of the individual player pleasantly surprised with the stock Project X or!
2020 cobra bio cell driver year