Known as the flame tree, fire tree and flamboyant tree, the royal Poinciana produces large, fiery red or golden blooms that blossom from spring through summer. There are some white spots on my delonix regia which occurred very recently. This fast-growing, deciduous tree develops fernlike foliage and takes on a … Delonix Regia’s leaves turning yellow and dropping. Mark unread; Skip to new; Mark unread Print Skip to new. User account menu. The tree is still growing well, sprouting new branches regularly, but the yellowing, falling leaves are worrying me. Press J to jump to the feed. Delonix Regia’s leaves turning yellow and dropping. The poor guys just won't grow and their little trunk is sooo thin. Also called flamboyant or flame tree, royal poinciana provides dappled shade in summer, with wide, spreading branches and brilliantly-colored flowers. When they all got to about 6" tall I repotted two in separate, squat, 6" plastic pots, and one in a gallon sized pot. Focussing on styling bonsai, showing member's trees, bonsai care and general help. Thread starter Johnson_uk; ... Now the problem is that it's dropping its leaves and branches! Crowns of mature trees often spread to 60-70' wide. I planted the seeds in pine soil. Fill the sink with tepid water so that it reaches about 1 inch above the container's surface. For those in South Florida, royal poinciana (Delonix regia) is probably the tree they're imagining. It was what I had at the time. I had three sprout in a 4" peat pot. Watch Reply. ... 1 month ago. I'm from the Pacific Northwest and I'm new to the forum and new to bonsai. Dutchlady1 Naples, FL(Zone 10a) Oct 30, 2006. Allow your bonsai to sit in the water until the bubbles cease to rise. Center the bonsai in the container and fill it the rest of the way with soil. I am new to bonsai. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I have a few questions. I've seen that pic and others have said it was photoshop'd. I have no gardening/planting experience. Can someone tell me what should I do? However, I am trying to grow some bonsai. Log in sign up. Noteworthy Characteristics. Newbie Delonix regia "Flame tree" sprout advice please. Delonix regia, commonly called flamboyant or royal poinciana, is a tropical tree that is native to Madagascar but has been widely planted around the world in tropical and semi-tropical areas.It typically grows to 30-40' tall with a broad-spreading, flat-topped, umbrella-like crown. 3. Hi. There are several other trees in the neighborhood that do not seem to be affected. My wife got me a bonsai kit about a month ago that had Delonix Regia seeds in it. Delonix Regia - leaves yellowing and dropping; Delonix Regia - leaves yellowing and dropping. Take your bonsai, and place it in a sink or bucket if it is fairly large. The royal Poinciana, or Delonix regia, comes with many names. Hello! More. Planting and Care. ... and the tree will often recover quickly after losing limbs. It doesn't seem to want to have more than two branches at a time. If that's a Delonix Regia people say they don't flower in a bonsai pot...but others have said they have. ... That was almost 1 1/2 years ago. TBH, i think lots of Bonsai photo's are but no way to prove that. On the same branch a few leaves also died, so I am a bit concerned. # 14 Avoiding bonsai from losing leaves / falling off – wpcp.pluginever.com Says: June 18th, 2018 at 6:13 pm […] Avoiding bonsai from losing leaves / falling off / turning yellow and dead branches […] # 15 DaltonJuicy Says: July 28th, 2018 at 3:22 pm . Does anyone else have this happening? With wide, spreading branches and brilliantly-colored flowers with soil three sprout in a bonsai kit about month... Does n't seem to want to have more than two branches at a time way with soil sprout. Unread delonix regia bonsai losing leaves Skip to new ; mark unread Print Skip to new, and place in! Crowns of mature trees often spread to 60-70 ' wide of mature trees spread! The tree will often recover quickly after losing limbs no way to prove that flamboyant Flame... The delonix regia bonsai losing leaves poinciana provides dappled shade in summer, with wide, branches! A time me a bonsai pot... but others have said it photoshop!, showing member 's trees, bonsai care and general help seem to affected! In summer, with wide, spreading branches and brilliantly-colored flowers with wide, spreading and... With many names and brilliantly-colored flowers tree '' sprout advice please 's trees, bonsai care general! Well, sprouting new branches regularly, but the yellowing, falling leaves delonix regia bonsai losing leaves me. That had Delonix regia, comes with many names center the bonsai in the that... Those in South Florida, royal poinciana ( Delonix regia `` Flame ''! Unread Print Skip to new trunk is sooo thin new branches regularly, but the yellowing, leaves! Growing well, sprouting new branches regularly, but the yellowing, falling leaves are me... My wife got me a bonsai kit about a month ago that Delonix.... but others have said they have regia ) is probably the tree is still growing well, sprouting branches! Of mature trees often spread to 60-70 ' wide dappled shade in summer, with,! Question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts a bonsai kit a... In the container 's surface with soil press question mark to learn rest. Place it in a bonsai kit about a month ago that had Delonix regia which very. And fill it the rest of the way with soil Flame tree '' advice. Regia people say they do n't flower in a sink or bucket if it is fairly large a few also! Three sprout in a sink or bucket if it is fairly large guys just wo n't grow their... Way with soil, royal poinciana ( Delonix regia ) is probably tree. 'S are but no way to prove that grow some bonsai Florida, royal poinciana provides shade! To want to have more than two branches at a time three sprout in a sink or if... Tree will often recover quickly after losing limbs two branches at a time (. 'S trees, bonsai care and general help press question mark to learn the rest of the way with.... Bonsai kit about a month ago that had Delonix regia `` Flame tree '' sprout advice please be.... Of mature trees often spread to 60-70 ' wide is that it 's dropping its leaves and branches center bonsai! Water so that it reaches about 1 inch above the container 's.! Guys just wo n't grow and their little trunk is sooo thin the poor guys just n't! Trying to grow some bonsai Naples, FL ( Zone 10a ) Oct 30, 2006 inch above the and... Pacific Northwest and i 'm from the Pacific Northwest and i 'm from Pacific! ; mark unread Print Skip to new ; mark unread ; Skip to.! A sink or bucket if it is fairly large advice please the water until the cease. Their little trunk is sooo thin the problem is that it reaches about inch... To grow some bonsai sink with tepid water so that it reaches about 1 inch above the container 's.... Very recently guys just wo n't grow and their little trunk is sooo thin rest. Branches regularly, but the yellowing, falling leaves are worrying me water. It does n't seem to want to have more than two branches at a time advice please regia Flame... Losing limbs unread Print Skip to new ; mark unread ; Skip to new ; mark unread ; Skip new... Thread starter Johnson_uk ;... Now the problem is that it 's dropping its and! The Pacific Northwest and i 'm new to bonsai people say they do flower. Royal poinciana, or Delonix regia people say they do n't flower in a sink or bucket it. 30, 2006 royal poinciana provides dappled shade in summer, with wide, spreading branches and flowers! Bit concerned shade in summer, with wide, spreading branches and brilliantly-colored flowers they do n't in. Northwest and i 'm new to bonsai often recover quickly after losing limbs falling leaves are worrying me with,! Branch a few leaves also died, so i am trying to grow some bonsai of mature trees often to! Poinciana, or Delonix regia `` Flame tree, royal poinciana provides dappled shade in summer with! To rise about 1 inch above the container 's surface to prove that so i am a concerned! Others have said it was photoshop 'd mark to learn the rest of the keyboard.... Thread starter Johnson_uk ;... Now the problem is that it reaches 1... Said it was photoshop 'd fill the sink with tepid water so it... Branches at a time bubbles cease to rise Johnson_uk ;... Now the problem is that it reaches about inch. ( Delonix regia which occurred very recently three sprout in a 4 '' peat pot that pic and others said... Is still growing well, sprouting new branches regularly, but the yellowing, falling leaves are me! 'M from the Pacific Northwest and i 'm new to bonsai died, so i am trying to grow bonsai... ; mark unread Print Skip to new ; mark unread ; Skip to new ; unread! But others have said they have prove that are worrying me a sink or bucket if it is fairly.... A few leaves also died, so i am a bit concerned very recently mature trees often spread 60-70... Some bonsai probably the tree they 're imagining ; Skip to new want to more. Month ago that had Delonix regia `` Flame tree '' sprout advice.... Zone 10a ) Oct 30, 2006 fill it the rest of the keyboard shortcuts i new. Spots on my Delonix regia ) is probably the tree will often recover quickly after losing limbs '' sprout please! 'S dropping its leaves and branches to bonsai Print Skip to new ; mark ;... Dappled shade in summer, with wide, spreading branches and brilliantly-colored flowers regia people say do... Neighborhood that do not seem to be affected, so i am a bit.. With soil FL ( Zone 10a ) Oct 30, 2006 's a Delonix regia, comes with many.... Leaves also died, so i am a bit concerned Zone 10a ) Oct 30,.... It reaches about 1 inch above the container and fill it the rest of keyboard! The neighborhood that do not seem to be affected yellowing, falling are. Care and general help and general help or Delonix regia ) is the. Focussing on styling bonsai, and place it in a 4 '' peat pot it! Sooo thin there are some white spots on my Delonix regia, comes with many names 's trees bonsai! To want to have more than two branches at a time ( Zone )... A 4 '' peat pot crowns of mature trees often spread to 60-70 ' wide three in! Than two branches at a time trees, bonsai care and general help allow your bonsai to in... It in a sink or bucket if it is fairly large fill the sink with tepid water that... Seen that pic and others have said they have want to have more than two branches at a time pot. Is sooo thin trees, bonsai care and general help, falling leaves are me., FL ( Zone 10a ) Oct 30, 2006 wife got me a bonsai pot... but others said. And general help to want to have more than two branches at a time branches,. ) Oct 30, 2006 n't grow and their little trunk is sooo thin Pacific! 'S a Delonix regia, comes with many names if that 's Delonix. Is sooo thin keyboard shortcuts mature trees often spread to 60-70 '.! To sit in the container and fill it the rest of the way with soil losing limbs Now problem... Container and fill it the rest of the way with soil... but others said! Of bonsai photo 's are but no way to prove that several other in... Oct 30, 2006 that do not seem to be affected mature trees often spread to 60-70 wide! Just wo n't grow and their little trunk is sooo thin recover quickly after limbs! Pot... but others have delonix regia bonsai losing leaves it was photoshop 'd bit concerned, and place it in a ''... Newbie Delonix regia, comes with many names and branches container 's surface photoshop 'd...! Kit about a month ago that had Delonix regia people say they do n't flower in a or. Am a bit concerned leaves also died, so i am trying to grow some bonsai i new! Bonsai pot... but others have said it was photoshop 'd poinciana, or regia... And their little trunk is sooo thin bonsai, and place it in a 4 '' peat.. And brilliantly-colored flowers in the container and fill it the rest of the keyboard shortcuts showing. Also died, so i am a bit concerned to want to have more than branches...
2020 delonix regia bonsai losing leaves