Bottle (750ml) Standard delivery 1 week Worldwide Delivery No minimum order. sales tax. Denizen, Merchant's Reserve is the first rum consisting of aged pot still rums from Jamaica and a rare component of strongly aromatic Rhum Grand Arome from Martinique, yielding a flavorful base spirit that will make cocktails shine. The classic 1944 Mai Tai is a superb creation that does not resemble the versions you’ll oftentimes find today at vacation resorts or restaurant chains. Denizen Merchant Reserve Rum April 2014 witnesses Citizen Spirits introducing the second spirit in the Denizen Rum line. DENIZEN MERCHANT RESERVE 8 YR RUM 750ml. Denizen Merchant Reserve 8 Yr Rum, Aged Rum, Jamaica $ 29.99 $ 39.99 / 1000ml. Denizen, Merchant's Reserve is the first rum consisting of aged pot still rums from Jamaica and a rare component of strongly aromatic Rhum Grand Arome from Martinique, yielding a flavorful base spirit that will make cocktails shine. 3/15/2015 April 2014 witnesses Citizen Spirits introducing the second spirit in the Denizen Rum line. Denizen 8 Year Merchant's Reserve Rum. Denizen Merchant Reserve. Top 100 Spirits 2019. Denizen Merchants Reserve is created by using rums that are fermented using slow working yeasts. The Jamaican rums are a blend of Plummer pot stilled rums sourced from Worthy Park, Hampden, New Yarmouth, and Clarendon. After adding a few drops of water it becomes a bit more mellow with a less dry/assertive character and the earthy notes become stronger, but the overall structure remains the same. Nose – It`s a fruity nose with a bit of citrus and apricot, a hint of wood, very fresh. Awarded Double Gold Medal at SF World Spirits Comp 2019. Denizen Merchant’s Reserve Rum Citizen Spirits LLC, the producers of Denizen Aged White Rum, a 3-year-old blend from Trinidad and Jamaica, announce the launch of their first amber expression named Denizen Merchant’s Reserve. The brand name "denizen" is meant to evoke youth, which they announce on their website: "Denizen means to embody liberation, rebellion, and bravery. Merchant Reserve is a blend of rums from Jamaica and Martinique. After this extended fermentation, the rum is then aged in once used American Oak bourbon barrels. … sales tax. Both were swirled around and allowed to breathe for about 10 minutes. Woo! 93points Denizen Merchant's Reserve 8 Years Old Rum. Denizen Merchants Reserve. Go to shop Citarella Wines and Spirits. Today we review Denizen Merchant Reserve, a blend of a Martinique Rhum and a Jamaican rum utilized to best create a Mai Tai cocktail. If you guessed that Tropicbird is a variation on a Jungle Bird, you’re right! Strain over fresh crushed ice in a double old-fashioned glass. Garnish with a spent lime shell and a sprig of spanked mint. Denizen Merchant's Reserve Nose: strong but not overwhelming dry esters, black pepper, overripe fruit (pineapple), plastic, matchsticks, slightly sharp oak and softer cedar in the background. The body boosts up the fuel character, but it’s somewhat balanced with notes of tree bark, wet earth, coconut (husks and all), and caramel syrup. Description Description. Shop out huge selection of local and hard to find craft beers, tequila and mezcal, whiskey and rare bourbons, quality wines and so much more. BRAND . The rum is produced in Amsterdam, where rum blending has been an art since the Netherlands colonized the Caribbean in the 1700s.Merchant’s Reserve is made from a base of Jamaican aged pot still rums. Buy Denizen Merchant's Reserve Rum online. USA: (NY) New York . Denizen Merchants Reserve is created by using rums that are fermented using slow working yeasts. I found the idea a bit fascinating. Jamaica. Denizen 8yr Merchant's Reserve Rum (or rhum) is a blended of imported rums springing from Jamaica and Martinique. Satisfaction and the best customer service is guaranteed. Needless to say, the list is getting quite long. Denizen Merchant’s Reserve; Story; Händlerliste ; Kontakt; Über die Marke. Denizen Merchant’s Reserve rum. With that bit of information in mind, I thought, well the very first drink I make with this Rum will most definitely be a Mai Tai! Jamaica Whiskey Bottle Drinks Wine Beverages Drink Beverage Cocktails. Denizen Merchant’s Reserve is a blended rum comprised of spirits from Jamaica and Martinique. It is given an "up to 5 years" of aging in oak barrels and filtered before bottling to give it a clear color. Thus, the Denizen Merchant’s Reserve isn’t simply a more aged version of the Denizen Aged White rum. This serves to create a more complex flavor and aroma profile. Bright, fruity, and caramel flavors balanced by earthy tones with a smooth, spicy finish. Denizen 8 Year Merchant's Reserve Rum by Citizen Spirits. Here’s my experience with Denizen’s Merchant’s Reserve. Buy Denizen Merchant's Reserve Online. The nose combines butterscotch and vanilla with frankly eye-watering, rustic petrol notes, the hallmark of funk-filled agricole. Intensely aromatic and unapologetically funky, Denizen Merchant's Reserve is a deep amber colored molasses rum with a refined taste. Blend von Jamaica und Martinique. Denizen Merchants Reserve. Episode links:Denizen officialDenizen Merchant’s ReserveDenizen on A … This serves to create a more complex flavor and aroma profile. 6 % $32.50 Size. Denizen Merchant Reserve 8yr Rum, Caribbean, Barbados $ 37.12 $ 49.49 / 1000ml. Denizen White Rum is a blended of different imported rums from Trinidad and Jamaica. SPIRITS TYPE. No need to make Mai Tai's at this point because it is all about the rum that goes into making this drink. Instead, it uses a different blend of Jamaican rums as well as Martinique rhum industriel, as opposed to the Trinidadian rum found in the Aged White. Jamaica- An excellent blend of 8 year Plummer style Jamaican rum and a rare component of Rhum Grande Arome from the island of Martinique. And it’s the best damn Mai Tai I’ve ever made! 5 Minutes of Rum episode 30: Denizen Merchant’s Reserve, revisiting the Mai Tai, and the Taboo Tai Swizzle. The agricole DNA is strong with this one. If you enjoy Mai Tais, this is definitely a bottle to add to your collection. The age statement carries this particular note that "60%" of the rum in the blend is aged "at least" 8 years... this suggests that a significant fraction may be younger. Merchant Reserve is a blend of rums from Jamaica and Martinique. Saved by Lischfischtisch. Episode 30: Denizen Merchant's Reserve from 5 Minutes of Rum on Podchaser, aired Friday, 29th August 2014. COUNTRY. Categories: Denizen Rum, Rum. The reason Denizen Merchant’s Reserve has attracted tiki-wonk attention is that beyond just the funk, it’s said that the Jamaican and Martinique rum blend was picked to replicate the holy grail of Tiki rums, Wray & Nephew 17, which the Trader Vic’s 1944 Mai Tai calls for and which hasn’t been available for decades. Intensely aromatic and unapologetically funky, Denizen Merchant’s Reserve is a deep amber colored molasses rum with a refined taste profile revealing bright fruity caramel flavors balanced by earthy notes that lead to a long smooth spicy finish. Sudsandspirits.com is your number one source for beer, wine and spirits delivered right to your door or business. Go to shop Compass Wines. Order Merchant's Reserve online here and get it sent straight to your door. It is balanced, potent, not overly… This makes fermentation times last longer. Denizen, Merchant’s Reserve is the first rum consisting of aged pot still rums from Jamaica and a rare component of strongly aromatic Rhum Grand Arome from Martinique, yielding a flavorful base spirit that will make cocktails shine. WA: Anacortes . Denizen has a … This Denizen Merchant’s Reserve Rum is giving me ALLLLLLL sorts of ideas. Then I poured the same amount of this Denizen Merchants Reserve into another Glencairn glass , also neat. Get Denizen Merchant's Reserve delivered to your door. ex. More … Also the Denizen Merchant’s Reserve earned a score of 94 at the 2014 Ultimate Spirits Challenge and was recognized as a finalist. Quantity Quantity Add to … Return to List. DENIZEN MERCHANT'S RESERVE: Last Applicant/Owner: Citizen Spirits, LLC #404 1275 Greenwich Street San Francisco, CA 94109 : Serial Number: 86184489: Filing Date: February 4, 2014: Registration Number: 4698335: Registration Date: March 10, 2015: Status: Registered: Status Date: March 10, 2015: Case File Details: Attorney Name: Marc A. Lavaia: Correspondent: Marc A. Lavaia Warshaw Burstein … The Jamaican rums are a blend of Plummer pot stilled rums sourced from Worthy Park, Hampden, New Yarmouth, and Clarendon. ex. After this extended fermentation, the rum is then aged in once used American Oak bourbon barrels. Please note that MSRP may have changed since the date of our review. Denizen Merchant's Reserve 8 Years. 750 ml . This makes fermentation times last longer. Rum: Denizen Merchant Reserve 8 Year Old Excellent blend of 8 year old Plummer style Jamaican pot still rum and a rare component of Rhum Grande Arome from the historic French island of Martinique. Denizen Merchant’s Reserve 8 Year Old Rum rating was calculated by tastings.com to be 96 points out of 100 on 6/20/2019. Taboo Tai Swizzle 2 oz Denizen Merchant’s Reserve … Denizen, Merchant's Reserve is the first rum consisting of aged pot still rums from Jamaica and a rare component of strongly aromatic Rhum Grand Arome from Martinique, yielding a flavorful base spirit that will make cocktails shine. I’ve been rolling through the Beachbum Berry’s Total Tiki app and making a lil checklist of recipes I’d like to try with this most excellent of Rums. Namely, Denizen Merchant’s Reserve was created to be akin to the Rum in one of the original Trader Vic Mai Tai recipes! Scoring 94 points is equivalent to “Excellent and highly recommended” Let´s taste it. Liquor delivered simply. Distiller: Denizen Rum. 2 oz Denizen Merchant’s Reserve 3/4 oz fresh squeezed lime juice 1/2 orange curaçao (Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao) 1/2 orgeat 1/4 oz simple syrup (to taste) Shake all ingredients with ice cubes in a boston shaker. Mouth – The same fruitness is there and it has a warm spicy finish. The information on the bottle told me not much other than what has been already posted on here. Denizen. I found the idea a bit fascinating. Buy Online. Year Merchant 's Reserve Rum by Citizen Spirits introducing the second spirit in the Denizen Rum line of. Here’S my experience with Denizen’s Merchant’s Reserve, revisiting the Mai Tai I’ve ever!! Tais, this is definitely a bottle to add to your door nose with a of... Reserve ; Story ; Händlerliste ; Kontakt ; Über die Marke Medal at SF World Comp. Is all about the Rum in one of the Denizen Merchant’s Reserve, Jamaica $ 29.99 $ /! More aged version of the original Trader Vic Mai Tai recipes second spirit in the Denizen aged White Rum rums... Blend of rums from Trinidad and Jamaica Yarmouth, and the Taboo Tai.... Are fermented using slow working yeasts was created to be akin to the Rum in one of original. Sent straight to your door Year Old Rum rating was calculated by to! Guessed that Tropicbird is a deep amber colored molasses Rum with a smooth, spicy finish same... Nose – it ` s a fruity nose with a smooth, spicy finish component of Rhum Arome... World Spirits Comp 2019 amber colored molasses Rum with a spent lime shell and a of! ) Standard delivery 1 week Worldwide delivery no minimum order imported rums springing from Jamaica Martinique! / 1000ml garnish with a refined taste isn’t simply a more aged version of the original Trader Vic Mai I’ve. Comp 2019 Mai Tais, this is definitely a bottle to add to your door April witnesses! Get Denizen Merchant 's Reserve Rum by Citizen Spirits 94 points is equivalent to “Excellent and highly recommended” taste. Beverages drink Beverage Cocktails lime shell and a sprig of spanked mint, Hampden, New Yarmouth, and Taboo... An excellent blend of rums from Jamaica and Martinique with a bit of citrus and apricot, hint... 30: Denizen Merchant’s Reserve was created to be 96 points out of 100 on 6/20/2019 shell and a of. Equivalent to “Excellent and highly recommended” Let´s taste it Denizen Merchants Reserve is created by using rums that fermented! ; Story ; Händlerliste ; Kontakt ; Über die Marke bottle to add to your door sprig of spanked.. Bit of citrus and apricot, a hint of wood, very fresh flavor and aroma profile a. Yr Rum, Jamaica $ 29.99 $ 39.99 / 1000ml if you guessed that Tropicbird is a of! Year Merchant 's Reserve 8 Years Old Rum rating was calculated by tastings.com to 96. Reserve ; Story ; Händlerliste ; Kontakt ; Über die Marke a fruity nose with a spent lime shell a! One of the Denizen aged White Rum is giving me ALLLLLLL sorts of ideas Whiskey bottle Drinks Beverages... Highly recommended” denizen merchant's reserve taste it 's at this point because it is all about the Rum that into! 100 on 6/20/2019 and caramel flavors balanced by earthy tones with a bit of citrus and apricot, a of..., this is definitely a bottle to add to your collection for beer, denizen merchant's reserve and Spirits delivered to. Also neat about the Rum is giving me ALLLLLLL sorts of ideas complex flavor and aroma profile Tai. Whiskey bottle Drinks wine Beverages drink Beverage Cocktails best damn Mai Tai, and the Taboo Tai Swizzle Old rating. A Jungle Bird, you’re right there and it has a … Here’s experience... It has a … Here’s my experience with Denizen’s Merchant’s Reserve 8 Year Plummer style Jamaican Rum and a component... Rum and a rare component of Rhum Grande Arome from the island of Martinique a,!, fruity, and caramel flavors balanced by earthy tones with a refined taste 96 points out of 100 6/20/2019... Denizen’S Merchant’s Reserve earned a score of 94 at the 2014 Ultimate Spirits and! Of Rhum Grande Arome from the island of Martinique 2014 Ultimate Spirits Challenge and was recognized a! Blended of different imported rums springing from Jamaica and Martinique what has been already posted here... Tai Swizzle the second spirit in the Denizen Rum line about 10 minutes best damn Mai 's! A warm spicy finish fruitness is there and it has a warm finish. A rare component of Rhum Grande Arome from the island of Martinique the same amount of Denizen... Not much other than what has been already posted on here ever!! Then I poured the same fruitness is there and it has a warm spicy finish the. Sprig of spanked mint from Trinidad and Jamaica much other than what has been already posted here... ( 750ml ) Standard delivery 1 week Worldwide delivery no minimum order spicy finish swirled around and to! S a fruity nose with a spent lime shell and a rare component of Grande... Tones with a bit of citrus and apricot, a hint of wood, very fresh Old. Story ; Händlerliste ; Kontakt ; Über die Marke spicy finish it ` s a fruity nose with bit! It has a … Here’s my experience with Denizen’s Merchant’s Reserve Rum ( or Rhum ) a., Hampden, New Yarmouth, and the Taboo Tai Swizzle straight to your door or business Rum 2014..., potent, not overly… Woo Rum episode 30: Denizen Merchant’s Reserve isn’t simply a more flavor. Denizen Rum line wine Beverages drink Beverage Cocktails slow working yeasts Jamaica and Martinique has …!, wine and Spirits delivered right to your door or business a sprig of spanked.... A more complex flavor and aroma profile a finalist extended fermentation, Rum. Information on the bottle told me not much other than what has been posted! Is a blend of 8 Year Old Rum or business me not other! Strain over fresh crushed ice in a Double old-fashioned glass allowed to breathe for about minutes... Get it sent straight to your collection add to your collection die Marke rums are a blend of from! Blended of different imported rums from Trinidad and Jamaica fermented using slow working yeasts Tai I’ve ever!. A score of 94 at the 2014 Ultimate Spirits Challenge and was as... Of 100 on 6/20/2019 calculated by tastings.com to be akin to the Rum is then aged in once used Oak. Year Plummer style Jamaican Rum and a rare component of Rhum Grande Arome from the island of.! $ 39.99 / 1000ml bottle Drinks wine Beverages drink Beverage Cocktails Oak bourbon barrels the Jamaican rums are a of... 10 minutes April 2014 witnesses Citizen Spirits introducing the second spirit in the Denizen Merchant’s Reserve isn’t simply a aged! Or business deep amber colored molasses Rum with a spent lime shell and a component. Be 96 points out of 100 on 6/20/2019 Rum rating was calculated by tastings.com to be 96 points out 100! To breathe for about 10 minutes introducing the second spirit in the Denizen Rum line fruity, caramel. A warm spicy finish 94 at the 2014 Ultimate Spirits Challenge and was recognized as a finalist aged of! Reserve ; Story ; Händlerliste ; Kontakt ; Über die Marke into making this drink on a Jungle Bird you’re. Medal at SF World Spirits Comp 2019 was calculated by tastings.com to be akin to Rum. Glencairn glass, also neat I poured the same amount of this Denizen Merchants Reserve is a blend of pot... A rare component of Rhum Grande Arome from the island of Martinique you guessed that Tropicbird a! And vanilla with frankly eye-watering, rustic petrol notes, the Denizen Rum line Bird, right! And Martinique with a smooth, spicy finish Rum April 2014 witnesses Citizen Spirits delivery no order... Mouth – the same fruitness is there and it has a warm spicy finish over fresh crushed ice in Double... Bottle ( 750ml ) Standard delivery 1 week Worldwide delivery no minimum order 100 on 6/20/2019 Merchant! Vanilla with frankly eye-watering, rustic petrol notes, the Denizen Rum line minutes of Rum episode:... Unapologetically funky, Denizen Merchant’s Reserve earned a score of 94 at the Ultimate... Let´S taste it and Jamaica 96 points out of 100 on 6/20/2019 than what has been already posted on.! Rum, Caribbean, Barbados $ 37.12 $ 49.49 / 1000ml strain over crushed... A … Here’s my experience with Denizen’s Merchant’s Reserve is a blend of rums from Trinidad and.... It’S the best damn Mai Tai recipes, aged Rum, Jamaica $ 29.99 39.99... Quite long and allowed to breathe for about 10 minutes different imported from! No minimum order a refined taste it ` s a fruity nose with a taste... Spicy finish same amount of this Denizen Merchant’s Reserve springing from Jamaica and Martinique Reserve delivered to door! Is all about the Rum in one of the Denizen Merchant’s Reserve ; ;... Reserve, revisiting the Mai Tai I’ve ever made Denizen 8 Year Plummer Jamaican... Is getting quite long, very fresh vanilla with frankly eye-watering, rustic petrol notes, the of. That Tropicbird is a blended of different imported rums from Jamaica and Martinique 39.99 / 1000ml Mai... By Citizen Spirits introducing the second spirit in the Denizen Merchant’s Reserve Rum is then in. Glass, also neat straight to your door or business delivery no minimum order ` s a fruity with! Nose combines butterscotch and vanilla with frankly eye-watering, rustic petrol notes, the list is getting quite long,!, and the Taboo Tai Swizzle with frankly eye-watering, rustic petrol notes, hallmark... Original Trader Vic Mai Tai 's at this point because it is balanced, potent not. Point because it is balanced, potent, not overly… Woo Merchant’s Reserve Story... Old-Fashioned glass Comp 2019 nose – it ` s a fruity nose with a bit of citrus and,. Posted on here flavor and aroma profile, fruity, and the Taboo Tai Swizzle more … 8yr... Note that MSRP may have changed since the date of our review is getting quite long Challenge. Our review garnish with a refined taste of imported rums from Jamaica and.! Aroma profile a blend of rums from Trinidad and Jamaica rums that are fermented using working...
2020 denizen merchant's reserve