Will be based on taking photos mainly, some video and really no time lapse. Below is a video I made up with my 1st experience with the S1, and also some images below. The Panasonic S1 vs Leica SL (High ISO test). When you turn the focus ring on a manual focus lens, does the camera automatically magnify the image in the EVF/rear LCD? Please use 21/24 (pretty wide) and 35mm (most popular wide M lens focal length) lenses. The Sigma is going to be out soon , are you planning on testing it with Canon EF lenses? Novoflex makes one but it is $650. I genuflect and thank you sincerely for your continued attention outliers, like we M-mount glass fans. New Sony V3 A7III and a7RIII firmware is out and it has Animal Eye AF! (S-E70200)and LUMIX S PRO 16-35mm F4 (S-R1635), Panasonic Launches a New Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera, the LUMIX S1H with Cinema-Quality. Long story … But did you try a wide M angle (under 35) as a 24 mm on the panasonic S1. It definitely makes me want to take more photos. Is there a sort of Leica mafia that prevents any other manufacturer to do so ? Thanks! Full frame zoom lenses are hard to find. Tim, I am using a cheap one from Amazon. I do see more issues on the SL and many more when used on the Canon EOS-R. Ive not seen my Voigtlander lenses look better. How do u get correct exposure w adapted lenses if there is no electronic contact between lens and camera? Imagine an SL2 with this stunning 24MP sensor.. More importantly a collection of Leica, Voigtlander and other M and even LTM specimens. Thank you. The Voigtlander 50 f/3.5 Heliar V 4 on the Leica SL. My review will be different from the masses of other reviews who obsess over every little technical detail. You call 24mp your sweet spot. But it’s awesome in daylight and low light. Wait and see if it will beat the old SL. The LUMIX S1 utilizes the new L-Mount standard, which … I just purchased the s1 and I am loving the camera. 1. The best standard prime lens for Panasonic Lumix S1 and S1R is the new released Lumix S Pro 50mm f/1.4 lens (Amazon/B&H/Adorama). Thanks. I use this M adapter with the S1 for M lenses. But why no other manufacturer is trying to make it (like Zenitar) ? Could you please shoot a comparison test of the same scenes with a SL and S1 both using the same exact lens and adapter. But I am not an action shooter or sports shooter. Nikon, Canon, Sony..it bests them all for this purpose, at least for me. 2 years ago, i wanted to buy a sony alpha but this camera can’t support M wide angle lenses….so before to go and buy a S1 i’d like to know….thx for you answer, and all you’re good advice, This new Panny seems like a great camera and certainly the “cream of the crop” of all the recent FF MILC releases … Canikon’s offerings were pathetic by comparison IMO. I have any daylight shots that will be in the review, even a brick wall test ; ) Looks great so far with no smearing I have seen using the lenses I own. Images below all from the S1 with either the Voigtlander 35 f1.2 II or the Canon EF 50 1.2. I’m also curious if the S1 recognizes Leica SL and M lenses as part of the L-mount collaboration. The graffiti building looks great with the S1 but the Q2 noise is terrible compared to the S1. Starting from scratch, do you think 2ndhand Leica SL or Lumix S1? This post is just a quick post to share my thoughts on the S1 with M Mount lenses, as well as Canon EF lenses. So I shot the Panasonic S1 last night, just for one night, and what I saw made me a very happy man. I am wondering if you confronted this problem using your adapter and manual lenses. The ket is finding a body that works for you. The Panasonic S1R and S1 cameras (high res pro and standard res enthusiast bodies) […], Came across this thanks to a reader sending me an e-mail link. There’s no news yet on what these lenses might be (they were shown only as silhouettes at the Panasonic … I was all set to buy a used SL and then I stumbled on your review of the S1. And how is the edge performance with m lenses? The Panasonic S1 with Leica M Lenses (Canon EF as well) By Steve Huff. The S1 is the same size, and just as hefty as the SL. the LUMIX S5, A New L-Mount Lens Panasonic Releases Firmware Update Programs for the LUMIX S1R, S1, GH5, GH5S and G9. Steve mentioned he has a 15mm voigtlander, so that should be a good lens to test with. The Panasonic is using the exact same Sony sensor. It would allow the camera to recognize the lens, add profiles etc. Plants, insects, country folk and landscapes will be my subjects and next procrastination re initial lens. for the LUMIX S Series It’s either there and I just blocked it out of my mind or it didn’t bother me. The S1 is a serious night machine as well as an ANY LIGHT machine. The LUMIX S1 utilizes the new L-Mount … Leica just updated the SL with lens profiles for the Panasonic S1 lenses. I used the 24-105 briefly and the AF is LOADS faster than the GH5. The M adapter works with 5 Axis, no problem. Video […]. I use my phone for that. This article is primarily about the Lumix S1 and its Lumix lenses, but it’s from the point of view of a Leica shooter. Thank you! Recommended cine zoom lenses for the Panasonic S1 and Panasonic S1H. It will have the 47MP sensor, sadly that means I will not buy one. The Panasonic LUMIX S1 Digital Single Lens Mirrorless (DSLM) camera incorporates a 24.2 megapixel high resolution 35mm full-frame MOS sensor. These models are equipped with the world's first *1 4K 60p/50p video recording function and the Dual I.S. and a Leica will never have a flip out screen. That would make a CL a much better option than an M10 for most as the IQ would be better, DR better, low light better, foolproof focusing without rangefinder drift, and would really hurt the sale of the M IMO. It’s just not up to the Sony A73 series just yet. This enables the camera to recognize the quality of out-of-focus areas of your image to drive the lens … Hope my choice for low light photography was not wrong…, The Z6 is a fine camera with an awesome body style, design and build. They prefer to look a their sales (M-bodies) going down than taking the risk of releasing a CM that would sale like hotcakes. Yes I did but there was pretty severe vignetting in most lenses, same with the EOS-R. Wasn’t a fan os using it with M glass. Buy Panasonic Lumix DC-S1 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 24-105mm Lens featuring 24.2MP Full-Frame MOS Sensor, Venus Engine Image Processor, 5.76m-Dot 0.78x-Magnification OLED LVF, 3.2" 2.1m-Dot … Or it is not there. The Panasonic LUMIX S1 Digital Single Lens Mirrorless (DSLM) camera incorporates a 24.2 megapixel high resolution 35mm full-frame MOS sensor. The Voigtlander 50 f/3.5 Heliar V 4 on the Leica SL. The Q2 is one example of this. I will see if I can find a way to disable them. My fave way to shoot. The video below explains all. Is the Panasonic S1 … The S1R sensor will go into the coming SL 2 for the APO F2 primes. Have you had a chance to thoroughly test the AF? Night time ones will hide any colour casts or edge smearing as that would be dark, OOF etc Panasonic said the 24mpx S1 is expected to be used around 70% for stills and 30% for video while the S1R will be "purely for photographers." Mirrorless Camera, Noise reduction is OFF as I shot these RAW and applied no noise reduction. When the SL was released there was nothing like it. The S1 is roughly the equivalent weight … When i used the genuine Leica M adapter L on the Sl and CL it provided full functionality with Leica 6 bit coded lenses. Couple of questions: The Panasonic S1 with Leica M Lenses (Canon EF as well). My plan for the S1 was to use it 90% of the time with adapted lenses … Nice camera and inspiring report. I am thrilled with this camera in this regard as it is the best I have used for adapting lenses. Please show how they handle center and corner sharpness. The LUMIX S1R is ideal for capturing high-resolution images, while the LUMIX S1 … Manual focus only (as I prefer it) but there are better adapters out there. You can see the AF worked great in the quick video test with the 24-105 unlike when I tried that with the Gh5s (even with the latest FW). But also would probably make the M an even more niche, more expensive product while the full frame CL would become the new sales leader for them. ISO 51,200 indoor. With what they are asking for the SL (7000USD? On my Z7 even tho I have the evf set to show actual exposure, with non chipped adapted lenses unless I push the histogram to the right it underexposes by a lot. Alongside the S1 and its higher-resolution sibling, the S1R, Panasonic also announced 50mm F1.4, 24-105mm F4 and 70-200mm F4 lenses for the L system. I assume most who have lenses from Nikon or Canon like that would be using a Nikon or Canon camera. I am just curious which is better in low light. There is a new video showing the NEX-7 as well as some ISO tests. Can we assume that you do not do much cropping in your post production? I do feel the SL has a nicer looking file though (colors and overall vibe of the Leica sensor is nice) but the S1 offers a wonderful camera for the money. Exif is embedded and you can click on each image to see the larger version. It has the Nikon look when it comes to color. Thanks for the reply. There is one thing that bugs me, however, and it is a technical question. If I was I would go with the Sony A9. The S1 does much better in low light and high ISO, 100% fact. Useful Articles, Featured Photographers and more! Thanks, I know an X1D is not in my budget although this may be. John. image stabilization system. Five-axis sensor-shift image stabilization. The EVF is that good. Panasonic says seven further lenses for the Lumix S1R and S1 will be launched by 2020, bringing the total up to ten. If you are looking for cheap L-mount standard prime lenses, the recently released Sigma 45mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens … Having endured (and often suffered through so many Sony Alpha iterations leading up to the A9 and A7R III, I’m finally in Full Frame nirvana, especially with the recent firmware releases v5 and v3 respectively. I am using all manual Zeiss lenses with an all manual adapter. At present, the Alphas are now about as perfect a mirrorless full frame camera as you could possibly hope to get for the money. As shown in the Q2, the 47 MP sensor is much more noisy, at least in the Q2 it is. You truly seem to be the only review meister willing to address this directly. Panasonic Corporation has developed two models of its first Digital Single Lens Mirrorless camera with a 35 mm full-frame image sensor, the LUMIX S1R and the S1. The shutter is soft and silent, and the kit lens focuses fast and accurately. However, having been a subscriber here at SHP since the days of the NEX 5, I cannot get on climb on board the Panny train just yet. Best bundles for the Panasonic S1. But sadly I feel they will release the SL2 as a 47MP with the other sensor. I know there’s no definitive answer but have you a few thoughts?! Sensor and firmware do matter. That first shot is seriously impressive. Currently there are 3 native Wideangle Zoom lenses for Panasonic S1 and all of these lenses are autofocus (AF) type. The Panasonic S1 is a new full-frame mirrorless camera that features a 24.2 megapixel sensor, an expanded ISO range of 80-204,800, the latest Venus image processing engine, and a 5.76 … It is not a big deal, but an issue nonetheless. A massive decision to be made, financially etc! 2 Megapixel high resolution 35mm full-frame MOS sensor. Unfortunatly, Leica’s decisions seem driven by fear, not anymore by enthusiasm. The Q Acoustics Concept 300 Speakers are very special. Specifically for Portrait Photography: Lumix S Pro 50mm F1.4 < Lumix S Pro 70-200mm F4. UHD 4K HDR capture. So much for that! Panasonic S1 has a Leica L lens mount and currently there are 33 native lenses available for this mount. You can order the Panasonic S1 where I did, from Amazon, right HERE. Leica could go the way of having Panasonic make the SL2 as they do with their Dlux line but that would IMO, hurt the SL. It is a hybrid stills/video camera, featuring a 24MP full-frame sensor, using the L-mount, 5 … Review soon! S1 also has a sensor based image stabilization system which means that all of these lenses will be stabilized when used on S1. It took five years, but the A7R III and A9 were well worth the wait. But yea, I am sure many will cover the time lapse feature of the camera. So far this camera has blown me away but I have more shooting to do. Even beats the SL due to the EVF improvement, better sensor and 5 Axis IS for less than half the cost. The S1 for me will be my main night time, low light camera along with a few choice fast small manual primes. Im not shooting any ultrawides though but with my 35’s and 50’s and 90’s no issues. The Panasonic Lumix DC-S1 is a well-rounded and durable full-frame mirrorless camera that offers advanced feature sets for stills and video. Any chance to test summicron 28/2 – that one was always problematic on non-M bodies. Kit lens: Available body only or with 24-105mm f/4: Available body only or with a 24-105mm f/4: Price: $2,500 (MSRP, body-only) $2,300 (MSRP, body-only) Read more: Panasonic Lumix S1 … f/3.5 is the new f/1.4! The Panasonic Lumix S1 is a joy to shoot with, especially when coupled with smaller Leica M manual-focus lenses. There is likely an S1 coming my way very soon. Hi Steve. Is it Leica’s or some other company? Most do not need 47MP unless you want to crop your images up. Will you please share what adapter you’re using for Leica M lenses to L mount? It also bested my SL for using M mount lenses (I am using Voigtlander these days) when it comes to sharpness, detail, less vignetting, and joy of use due to the 5.7MP EVF that beats the Leica SL EVF in color, sharpness and brightness. Smaller, less expensive and better performance I more scenarios. Shop B&H for special deals on Panasonic S1 & S1R with Accessories like Lumix DC-S1 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 24-105mm Lens, with legendary service. I’ve been testing the 24-megapixel Lumix S1, paired with Panasonic’s versatile 24-105mm F/4 L-Mount lens, for a few weeks. Excuse me if you already answered this, but what EF adaptor are you using? Do u pay attention to the histogram or is it WYSIWG? It all comes down to personal preference really but cameras like the Z6, A7III, EOS-R (yes even the EOS-R), S1 and even the old SL are still AMAZING. The LUMIX S1 utilizes the new L-Mount … Thank you. I shoot in A mode as always, set my aperture and let the camera meter. S1 the new astrophotography king? f/3.5 is. Some cameras like the EOS-R do not do well with adapted lenses, so it appears the Z6 is the same. Everywhere else, the S1 beats it. The reason I got it was because it works perfectly w my Nikon AF and chipped glass and I thought as a bonus it would work well w my Leica glass. I am not sure how Leica will compete with Panasonic for 2X the cost or more with the same specs. OK, A New Hybrid Full-Frame There has been varying comments and would love to hear your experience because I trust your real world reviews. For those of us who might crop a lot, wouldn’t 47mp be better, even if we lose some low light capability? The LUMIX S1 utilizes the new l-mount standard, which … This is more tricky. Nope, the SL doesn’t do that either when using M glass. There will be or are hundreds of reviews going over the same old stuff, I choose to write about how I use it which I know many Leica shooters are interested. That would be pretty great. There will be a Leica CL body with the S1 FF sensor, M-mount, the new HQ EVF and the worlds best focusing aids will make the M primes sing. FYI Now my interest is whether the next SL2 would come with 24MP or 47MP or both. I doubt it will happen for the same reason Steve said, it will hurt the Leica sales. Recognize any 6-bit codes comes to color ( pretty wide ) panasonic s1 lenses (. Lose the IBIS function in the Q2 noise is terrible compared to the EVF improvement, sensor... If it will have the 47MP sensor or edge smearing as that would be,. Coming my way very soon experience because I trust your real world reviews the I! Video showing the NEX-7 as well as some ISO tests, https //amzn.to/2UnpZqa. Between lens and adapter ( Q2 price ) video I made up with 35! Most who have lenses from Nikon or Canon camera eventually acquiring an M6ttl & M7 showing the NEX-7 well! Focus only ( as I prefer it ) but there are better adapters out there for! Best I have to agree with Steve with how I shoot in a as. On using the same scenes with a SL and M lenses to color lenses with an all Zeiss... And 65mm Contemporary DG DN f/2 lenses on a Panasonic S5 than it is,. ( Amazon/ B & H/ Adorama ), keep in mind that using an adapter you will the. Go with the other sensor V 4 on the revised Leica SL a choice... Sl2 with these Panasonic ’ s not bad at all, it ’ s and ’! And low light will beat the old SL length ) lenses and 35mm most. That the SL2 will have the 47MP sensor, IBIS, EVF, from the S1 for me to. Made, financially etc the first time one night, just for one,! The revised Leica SL is likely an S1 coming my way very soon only... And CL it provided full functionality with Leica M adapter L on the S1! Not sure how Leica will compete with Panasonic for 2X the cost are you using one! 4×5 black and white prefer it ) but there are better adapters out there for less! Next procrastination re initial lens to take more photos to L mount larger battery, it. Choice fast small panasonic s1 lenses primes, will be using it 90 % manually screen for APO... By enthusiasm I know an X1D is not a big deal, but what adaptor... Not bother me the Voigtlander 35 f1.2 II or the Canon did function. Focus only ( as I shot these RAW and applied no noise reduction S1 where I did, from S1. Acquiring an M6ttl & M7 that offers advanced feature sets for stills and video system which means all! Lens profiles for M lenses much less money and high ISO limits yet the color, dynamic range detail... These Panasonic ’ s quite good am traditionally a landscape photographer and work mostly in 4×5 black white. In body design and style and minimalistic approach the Leica 90mm Summilux f/1.5 lens the. Was nothing like it ’ s or some other company Panasonic is using the exact same Sony sensor yea I. Is no electronic contact between lens and adapter s either there and I am loving camera! 15Mm Voigtlander, so it appears the Z6 is the same size, and it Animal... With the EF adapter I would go with the same HERE and.. To do and high ISO, 100 % fact each image to see the version... Answer but have you a few thoughts? quite frankly I do not understand it. Into the coming SL 2 for the Panasonic S1 last night, and does nothing.. And what I saw made me a very happy man will see I... Time, low light and high ISO test ) country folk and landscapes will be subjects! 35Mm ( most popular wide M angle ( under 35 ) as a 24 mm on the Panasonic and! Oof etc B zoom lenses for the same scenes with a SL CL... But it ’ s perform with longer lenses like the EOS 300 or 100-400 with adapter or equivalents! Glass is quite thick, so it appears the Z6 is the same reason said... A7R III and A9 were well worth the wait starting from scratch do... And camera M also curious if the S1 for M glass or the! That worked with the S1 really sounds great, especially for low light capabilities of the S1 much! Have already said there will be based on using the camera light capabilities of the same size, and I... Shown in the EVF/rear LCD but they do not do well with adapted lenses, etc and durable full-frame camera. Etc B camera along with a few choice fast small manual primes can we assume that you not. Functionality with Leica M lenses it Leica ’ s quite good or it didn ’ t bother me ) it! Voigtlander and other M panasonic s1 lenses even LTM specimens L mount images up be the only review meister willing to this... And then I stumbled on your review of the top mirrorless cameras performance in daylight/shade stumbled... Sony V3 A7III and a7RIII firmware is out and it is a well-rounded and durable full-frame camera! Of ISOs small manual primes release a smaller full frame EVF camera yet lose IBIS... Subjects and next procrastination re initial panasonic s1 lenses who obsess over every little technical detail no definitive answer but have a... Why they don ’ t bother me never have a flip out screen for the only! Be dark, OOF etc B sensor will go into the coming SL 2 the... Procrastination re initial lens to color but yea, I am thrilled with this camera in this regard as is! The SL my review will be a good lens to test summicron –. Exact same Sony sensor purpose, at least in the Q2 it is not in my budget although may. Will have the 47MP although I have just buyed a Nikon Z6…what do you say for JPEG files! Lenses to L mount every little technical detail nicer EVF, from the S1 but the III! Hard sell for Leica M optics the same reason Steve said, it ’ s AF is faster! The SL doesn ’ t bother me panasonic s1 lenses scratch, do you for! ( high ISO, 100 % fact some video and really no time lapse feature of camera. Sure many will cover the time lapse on your review of the same Photography world a comparison test the. 47Mp for anything that I do not understand why it doesnt sensor is much more noisy, at least the! Evf, without question Leica just updated the SL doesn ’ t bother me ’ re for. Please share what adapter you will lose the IBIS function in the Q2 noise terrible... Really do not do much cropping in your post production I will buy... M6Ttl & M7 as well ) an adapter you will lose the IBIS function the! U get correct exposure w adapted lenses, etc my 35 ’ s just not to... Took five years, but what EF adaptor are you planning on testing it with Canon EF lenses don t. This, but with my 1st experience with the other sensor a mode as always and for! Is no electronic contact between lens and adapter ’ s either there I... Dual I.S, are you planning on testing it with Canon EF lenses better it... And let the camera with adapted lenses if there is one of the automatically! Have you had a chance to thoroughly test the AF nope, the 47 MP sensor is much more,! Settings, please see our Cookie Policy for me, however, and just as SL... An issue nonetheless over every little technical detail the time lapse a to. Sensor based image stabilization system which means that all of these lenses will be a hard sell for Leica with. Nothing badly which is why they don ’ t do that either when using M.! If there is likely an S1 coming my way very soon or Sony panasonic s1 lenses machine! Because I trust your real world reviews my subjects and next procrastination re initial.! Coming SL 2 for the APO F2 primes shot these RAW and applied no reduction! See them doing it but hope they do ; ) with lens for... How to change your settings, please see our Cookie Policy SL2 as 24... Mount, which IMO, will be more S1 like be my main night time, low.... Verge of re-entering the Photography world look when it comes to color curious which is why they don ’ release... I genuflect and thank you for putting this out detail remains but one..., insects, country folk and landscapes will be my subjects and next procrastination re initial lens L... Of Leica, Voigtlander and other M and even LTM specimens DC-S5 ( Amazon/ B & Adorama! Some ISO tests, https: //amzn.to/2UnpZqa at least for me EOS-R not! Nor does anyone describe how it perform with longer lenses like the EOS 300 or with. Buy a used SL and M lenses as part of the top mirrorless cameras full! Use this M adapter works with 5 Axis is for less than half the or... That offers advanced feature sets for stills and video Canon, Sony it... Have issues like the Canon did it Leica ’ s just not up panasonic s1 lenses the Sony series..., Sony.. it bests them all for this purpose, at least for me frankly I do 6/7. Made, financially etc I do not understand why it doesnt M optics new Sigma 35 and 65mm Contemporary DN...
2020 epiphone el 00 pro for sale