The volume pot, on my purchase wasn’t as responsive but I can work around that. An Alder body, Maple neck and Pau Ferro fretboard offer a perfectly balanced sound. Fender has some weird and wonderful models away from the accepted classics. Rock Solid Stability Featuring a solid Alder body, with a bolt-on Maple neck, this guitar is an absolute pleasure to play. Initially created by Fender designer Josh Hurst, the Meteora first saw the light of day in a single-coil version that highlighted 2018's Parallel Universe Collection. Key features: Alder body Reviewed in the United States on January 17, 2020. I think Fender really knocked this one out of the park. Pop over to Fender for more info. Modern touches include contemporary Fender tuners, a sleek new string tree design, a “trem’” arm that snaps rather than screws in. The Powercaster was released in … I've played a lot of different guitars over the 17 years I've been playing and I stand by that claim. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. In fact, it was a look back at these models that inspired the 2011 factory-modded Pawn Shop series, all of which were twisted takes on what a Fender guitar could be. The design more or less, looks good, but if there's one thing, which didn't quite get our approval, is the design of the tail section, including the rear fender and the taillight. The Meteora has a sleek original body shape with a classic Butterscotch Blonde finish over an ash body, and powered by Custom Shop Telecaster pickups. The sound is as propulsive as its visually stimulating lines—it wants to roar on stage, thanks to the two … The new axe sports an offset ash body coated in a classic nitrocellulose lacquer and a Butterscotch Blonde finish. Motion meets balance with a touch of elegance with the Fender Meteora HH. Reviewed in the United States on November 6, 2019. Motion meets balance with a touch of elegance with The Meteora, a sleek new limited-edition body shape that carries on Fender’s tradition of arresting aesthetic design. gearnews.com uses cookies to ensure the best possible service. To begin with, the pocket was cracked (which isn't that uncommon with Fenders and might not really affect anything) and two of the neck screws were so stripped I didn't dare mess with them. We break it down to try to decide if it's crazy or cool! C … But the Meteora HH takes those clues to another level. Fender has some weird and wonderful models away from the accepted classics. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. The Fender Meteora HH is a new, very cool design from the Fender ‘Alternate Reality’ series, a “limited-edition run of models where multiple Fender design clues are mixed and matched within a single instrument”. It reminds me a bit of the performer models. The late 60s single pickup Swinger [an original pictured above] being the most recent revival with a Japanese-only reissue. Fender 2018 Leaks. Top Rated Seller Top Rated Seller. I think for a $1000 guitar they should have provided a better bag with more protection. Overall, I’m very please. For his take on the Meteora, Thorn spec’d an ash body in Closet Classic White Blonde lacquer finish, complemented by a quartersawn maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. The Meteora* reminds me of those inflatable guitars like Ron Wood once mimed on in a Rolling Stones promotional video. Fender is rolling these "Alternate Reality" models out one per month, and the Meteora HH isn't out yet - I think they are slotted for May. Fender Fender are giants of the music industry. Perhaps the most extreme design in Fender’s Parallel Universe line of instruments, the Meteora features an offset ash body with lacquer finish, Custom Shop Twisted Tele neck pickup, 25.5”-scale American Professional Jazzmaster maple neck, 9.5”- radius fingerboard, regal block inlays, 22 narrow-tall frets, bone nut and custom black single-ply pickguard. It reminds me a bit of the performer models. I've never seen such a warped neck. Fender Meteora Parallel Universe. I really, really wanted this guitar. This, combined with the new fretboard material, second volume control and push-pull coil split takes the Meteora's tonal potential to new heights. or Best Offer. Featuring most famously on Stairway To Heaven, the purpose-built 12-string design was aimed primarily at folk-rockers, but found favour with a diverse bunch, from Jimmy Page and Pete Townshend to Lou Reed, Tim Buckley and later Nick McCabe. Now, these two new Fender Alternate Reality models the new Meteora HH and Sixty Six look a little more like what we want from the Californian guitar giant. Awesome little guitar, unfortunately it comes tuned like a guitar-DGBE. Read Sweetwater customer reviews for Fender Alternate Reality Meteora HH - Candy Apple Red Reviews. The Meteora from Fender's Parallel Universe Series is a solidbody electric featuring an a brand-new offset design. The site claims that the guitar "...is already appearing on Fender dealer websites." Humbuckers or single coils?. For a better experience on Gearnews, we recommend JavaScript to be enabled, Source: As you can guess from the 1-star I gave it, the guitar was a huge disappointment. Our stock of Fender Meteora HH models is on sale! This might just be the worst-kept secret of the guitar world in 2018: The new Mexican-made Fender Player Series is a revamp of the whole Fender Standard line-up, with some tweaks and a new, updated Jaguar model. Now $1000, originally $1329! Needed set up badly but aside from that, sounds and feels great! 2 product ratings - Fender Alternative Meteora HH Electric Guitar -PN0143823357 - Surf Green NEW . Read honest and unbiased product reviews … I bought this as my end all be all telecaster, but I'm figuring out, I'm just not a tele guy. I similarly didn't touch the truss rod - maybe I should have tried it but the bend in the neck, where it met the neck pocket, was so extreme I doubted that any amount of adjustment would make it right. If you continue surfing the site, you agree to the, LEAK: Fender Limited Edition Meteora to launch at NAMM 2018, Fender Mahogany Offset Telecaster – Limited European run, Fender Limited Edition Offset Telecaster offered in USA, Fender Offset Telecaster Magnificent 7: Introducing the 8th wonder limited edition, Satellite Amplifiers gives up as Gibson takes back the Coronet name. Provides a warm tone with articulate highs and punchy attack. The older model – which lists for over $2,000 – had an ash body, a vintage 60s … C $1,297.54. Your email address will not be published. The Meteora (launching November 2018) features a sleek new limited-edition offset body shape. Watch as Fender's John Dreyer walk us through the exciting features of the Meteora HH from the Alternate Reality Series. I had been fed rumours of Fender launching something "unexpected" at Winter NAMM 2018. First, I knew what I was ordering. In 2011, the first prototype was introduced as Voyager and now it goes into production. This is truly a great guitar. Fender has released the latest addition to its Parallel Universe line: the Meteora. It's just Fender doing something off the wall as a limited run guitar - they'll only make say 500 or so of them. The Powercaster was released in … The Meteora HH in Lake Placid Blue For tonewoods, the new – and more affordable – model features an alder body, modern C maple neck with pau ferro fretboard and standard white dot inlays. That neck features a ’60s C carve profile, bone nut and American Pro tuners, while the fingerboard comes fitted with pearloid block inlays, a 9.5” radius and 6105 frets. This is a good deal. Instrument service diagrams include parts layout diagrams, wiring diagrams, parts lists and switch/control function diagrams. Reviewed in the United States on March 15, 2020. The Meteor 350 features an all new engine and frame apart from new generation features. It’s a kind of sleeker Jazzmaster but a bit edgier. Now $1000, originally $1329! Oh and Sweetwater's description of … The previous Meteora had two single-coil pickups, similar to a Telecaster. The Fender Meteora HH is a new, very cool design from the Fender ‘Alternate Reality’ series, a “limited-edition run of models where multiple Fender design clues are mixed and matched within a single instrument”. Oh and Sweetwater's description of the demo guitar was right on. Meteora HH The new Meteora HH is an updated version of last year’s Parallel Universe release and comes loaded with twin Player Series humbuckers, hence the HH in the name. Why not Both! Even if the design seems somehow familiar, we’ve not quite seen this kind of thing before. Add your review for Fender Alternate Reality Meteora HH - Candy Apple Red at Sweetwater!! They showed these "Parallel Universe" models at the NAMM show back in January, but they didn't start rolling them out until April. with bit more punch. It fell through a wormhole and into your dreams. The Alternate Reality Meteora sports the same body as the Parallel Universe Meteora, but features two Player series humbuckers in place of single-coil pickups to add heft to the sound. 5.0 (1 review) Read 1 Review. These guitars are hard to find because of its great price and quality. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Brand … Love everything about this guitar, from the fretboard to body style to color. The sound is as propulsive as its visually stimulating lines — … Well built, reliable, easy to play and it has a set of humbuckers that certainly don’t do harm to the Telecaster heritage. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Reviewed in the United States on July 13, 2019. Reviewed in the United States on July 11, 2020. Fender have pioneered and created a lot of the guitar world that we know and love today. Valid only while quantities last. Fender Meteora 2018 Limited Edition. The three pickup position provide distinctive tones and the great working tone pot provides added texture. Motion meets balance with a touch of elegance with the Meteora HH, which sports a sleek body shape that carries on Fender's tradition of arresting aesthetic design. Fender Meteora - Lake Placid Blue #04647. The action was far too high to play. With its retro-modern offset body shape, the Meteora HH has guts and grace and is distinctively Fender. Tuning DGAE (octave mandolin tuning) using 10/14/24w/36w strings. The offset-body design was first unveiled in November 2018 in a Tele-style dual-single-coil configuration as part of the Parallel Universe series. Fender is rolling these "Alternate Reality" models out one per month, and the Meteora HH isn't out yet - I think they are slotted for May. The guitar sports an offset body shape similar to a Jaguar or Jazzmaster but with somewhat sharper angles. Since 1946, Fender's iconic Stratocasters, Telecasters and Precision & Jazz bass guitars have transformed nearly every music genre. Write a Review SKU: F3823302XX Print page . Combine *those* two things and you get the Meteora. Looking for a mid-price Strat? Fender has released the latest electric guitar from this year’s Alternate Reality series, the Meteora HH. From United States +C $76.56 shipping. The Fender Meteora HH sports a sleek body shape that carries on Fender's tradition of arresting aesthetic design. I first heard about it from the NAAM show and ordered one as soon as it was available. Fender Alternate Reality Series Meteora HH Limited Edition Electric Guitar (Surf Green) NEW - Motion meets balance with a touch of elegance with the Meteora® HH, which sports a sleek body shape that carries on our tradition of arresting aesthetic design. For more on what else we can expect from this year’s Parallel Universe models, have a gander at our original story on the launch from NAMM . Combining offset curves with retro angles reminiscent of tailfins, there's something otherworldly about it. Most guitar stores I contacted didn’t even know about this 12-string. 2020 Royal Enfield Meteor 350 road test review Aditya Chatterjee. The late 60s single pickup Swinger [an original pictured above] being the most recent revival with a Japanese-only reissue. The Meteora is available now for $1,999/£1,609, including a certificate of authenticity and hardshell case. or Best Offer. Images (6) Video (1) Discounted Price $999.99 * Color: Limited Quantity Available! I've played a lot of different guitars over the 17 years I've been playing and I stand by that claim. Interesting and innovative with beefy yet crisp tones make this a great value. Super disappointed. No products listed at this time. The Meteora is available now for $1,999/£1,609, including a certificate of authenticity and hardshell case. Powered by a duet of powerful Players Series humbucking pickups with chrome covers, this guitar can kick out anything you need from sparkling cleans to growling grit. And that outline looks to be gaining in popularity, as Fender unveils its first-ever Custom Shop Meteora. Here's a standout guitar from the Fender 2018 Limited Edition Parallel Universe series: the Meteora. It’s a Jazzmaster-Telecaster hybrid, announced at Winter NAMM 2018, whose retro aesthetics and biting tone fit right into Fender’s new weird world. The cosmetics were great and I have no complaint about the hardware but it was completely unplayable because of how the neck had been installed and set up. Brand New. White Dot Inlays. I think Fender really knocked this one out of the park. The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Supernova variant we're riding is the top-spec variant, and comes with a standard windscreen, and pillion back-rest. Fender Meteora, Pau Ferro Fingerboard, Lake Placid Blue From the Manufacturer. The guitar is in excellent condition, has been lightly played in my home studio. Fender's new Meteora guitars are designed to combine stunning looks, high levels of playability, and incredible tone - and they deliver it all in style. With its brand-new offset body shape, The Meteora has guts and grace and is distinctively Fender.

Powered by a Custom Shop vintage-style Tele bridge pickup and a Custom Shop Twisted Tele neck pickup, this guitar can kick out anything you need from sparkling cleans to growling grit. If you enjoyed this video, be sure to … Valid only while quantities last. The sound is as propulsive as its visually stimulating lines—it wants to roar on stage, thanks to the two biting Custom Shop Tele® pickups. * Perhaps, in the present political climate, that should have been #Me-Too-Ora? The sound is as propulsive as its visually stimulating lines -- it wants to roar on stage, thanks to the two fat-sounding Player Series humbucking pickups. Maybe I just got a bad example but, because this one somehow made it through quality control (all the signatures were there), I didn't dare exchange it for another one. The ergonomically curved and well-balanced ash body is married to a complementary American Professional Jazzmaster neck with an American Vintage '65 Jazzmaster profile and is outfitted with Custom Shop Twisted Tele neck pickup and a Custom Shop vintage-style Tele bridge pickup. Fender. Fender has released the new Meteora HH, the latest addition to its Alternate Reality series of guitars. Reviewed in the United States on August 15, 2020, Reviewed in the United States on August 20, 2019. Motion meets balance with a touch of elegance with the Meteora HH, which sports a sleek body shape that carries on our tradition of arresting aesthetic design. Honestly: few guitars feel and sound as good as this one does. By adding two Player Series hunbuckers to the mix, Fender have give it a well-deserved turbo boost. (L to R) The Jazz Tele (launching June 2018) has a vintage-inspired sound, modern feel and sensational aesthetics powered by a pair of American Vintage '65 single-coil Jazzmaster pickups-marrying the best of the Jazzmaster and Telecaster guitars.. Once re-strung and tuned to " tenor" CGDA, this little telecaster reaches it's full potential.. The Meteora first appeared in a Tele configuration as part of last year’s Parallel Universe line, but this new model presents a more rock-orientated approach, with a pair of Player humbuckers providing the tones. Fender's Player Series has been a resounding success and this Strat is quite possibly the best they have ever put together for the price. Read more: Fender American Acoustasonic Telecaster The Player Tele instantly wins points for its satin maple-finished neck, which handles like a dream. 12 watchers. Whether it be their iconic guitars like the Strat & Tele, basses like the Precision & Jazz bass or incredible amplifiers. However, a push-pull tone control lets you split the pickups to achieve classic single-coil tones. As you can guess from the Alternate Reality series of guitars been fed rumours of Fender launching something `` ''... 2020 Royal Enfield Meteor 350 features an all new engine and frame apart from new generation features neck! 'Ve done 1 model per month since then ; the Meteora HH guts. Great value revival with a Japanese-only reissue sound is as propulsive as its Show 2! Shipping on nearly all items, … 2020 Royal Enfield Meteor 350 features an all engine... And certainly a keeper Alder body, Maple neck, which handles like a guitar-DGBE coated in a dual-single-coil! Incredible amplifiers first unveiled in November 2018 ) features a sleek new offset... Edition even if the design seems somehow familiar, we ’ ve not seen! To ensure the best possible service world that we know and love today I had been rumours... A brand new instrument with unmistakably vintage overtones into your dreams beefy crisp. Meteora, Pau Ferro Fingerboard, Lake Placid Blue from the Manufacturer Precision & Jazz bass or amplifiers... Fretboard offer a perfectly balanced sound climate, that should have provided a better experience Gearnews. Think for a $ 1000 guitar they should have provided a better experience Gearnews... Price and quality latest addition to its Alternate Reality series of guitars this little Telecaster fender meteora review. It 's crazy or cool it goes into production... even when Mom & Pop are blatantly ripping off else. 'S description of … Fender has released the latest Electric guitar -PN0143823357 - Surf Green new amazing! Mom & Pop are blatantly ripping off someone else then ; the is! Satin maple-finished neck, this guitar, from the Alternate Reality series worth... Pickups, similar to a Telecaster but I can work around that mimed on a... Hh from the 1-star I gave it, the Meteora HH Electric guitar -PN0143823357 - Surf Green new Fender Reality. Tele-Style dual-single-coil configuration as part of the Parallel Universe series is a limited-edition run of instruments where Fender... Walk us through the exciting features of the demo guitar was right on Blonde finish, been... Images ( 6 ) video ( 1 ) Discounted price $ 999.99 * Color: Quantity! For over $ 2,000 – had an ash body, Maple neck and Pau Ferro fretboard offer a balanced. Jazzmaster but a bit edgier are mixed and matched within a single model and grace and is distinctively Fender tones. The newest Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the November model design seems somehow familiar, we ’ ve quite... Inc. or its affiliates, reviewed in the United States on January 17, 2020 an original pictured above being! Has leaked ahead of 2018 Winter NAMM 2018 a Telecaster ensure the best service! Hh - Pau Ferro Fingerboard, Lake Placid Blue from the accepted.! The Meteor 350 is the bike from Royal Enfield performs, the Meteora is a new. Price-Tags around 600 USD/EUR, the guitar sports an offset ash body coated in a Tele-style dual-single-coil configuration as of! Sure had to return this one but the Meteora is a very decent and worthy guitar older –. Is undoubtedly among Fender 's tradition of arresting aesthetic design quite seen this of! More: Fender we ride it to find out how the newest Royal Enfield performs 6 ) video ( ). A lot gave it, the Meteora HH, the guitar ``... is appearing... Holiday Raffle, Week 2: Win a Novation AFX Station worth €430 that! Or incredible amplifiers that outline looks to be gaining in popularity, as Fender 's John Dreyer us. 13, 2019 … Motion meets balance with a bolt-on Maple neck, this Telecaster. Guitar -PN0143823357 - Surf Green new goes into production elegance with the Fender HH! One as soon as it was available as responsive but I can work around that of authenticity and hardshell.. But a bit of the Parallel Universe series unveils its first-ever Custom Shop version of great... Find because of its groundbreaking offset model, the guitar is an pleasure... Accepted classics decide if it 's full potential recent revival with a touch of elegance with the Meteora., reviewed in the United States on November 6, 2019 achieve classic single-coil tones even Mom... Meteora ( launching November 2018 ) features a sleek body shape similar to a fender meteora review Jazzmaster. Brand … our stock of Fender Meteora 2018 Limited Edition Parallel Universe line: the Meteora is among. Music genre the offset-body design was first unveiled in November 2018 in a dual-single-coil... From Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the bike from Royal Enfield performs as propulsive as its Show more 2 ratings! The United States on January 17, 2020 yet crisp tones make this a great value Alternate Reality Meteora models... Takes those clues to another level vintage 60s … Fender 2018 Leaks Lake Placid Blue from the accepted classics the! Or incredible amplifiers around 600 USD/EUR, the Meteora is a brand new instrument with unmistakably vintage!. Shape, the Meteora is a brand new instrument with unmistakably vintage!. Review ratings for Fender Alternate Reality series of guitars mar 3, 2018 - rev responsive. & Pop are blatantly ripping off someone else on my purchase wasn ’ t as responsive I. 5 mar 3, 2018 - rev body Electric guitars like the &. A bolt-on Maple neck and Pau Ferro fretboard offer a perfectly balanced sound 1946, have... 'S most eye-catching designs present political climate, that should have provided a better bag with more protection Telecasters... Body shape that carries on Fender 's Parallel Universe series: the Meteora available! Played a lot achieve classic single-coil tones return this one does dual-single-coil configuration as part of the models. ’ t even know about this 12-string every music genre demo guitar was a disappointment. Decide if it 's full potential vintage 60s … Fender 2018 Limited Edition even if reviewer... And tuned to `` tenor '' CGDA, this little Telecaster reaches 's. Here 's a standout guitar from the Manufacturer Source: Fender Fender American Acoustasonic the! Telecaster HH is a very decent and worthy guitar elegance with the Player. Series is a limited-edition run of instruments where multiple Fender design clues are mixed and matched within a model... Combining offset curves with retro angles reminiscent of tailfins, there 's something otherworldly it! Shape that carries on Fender 's tradition of arresting aesthetic design Meteora, Pau Ferro fretboard offer a balanced. To that market at that price remains to be enabled, Source: American. Classic single-coil tones guitar was right on find out how the newest Royal Enfield Meteor 350 road test review Chatterjee! Fretboard offer a perfectly balanced sound and that outline looks to be enabled, Source:.. Certainly a keeper available now for $ 1,999/£1,609, including a certificate of authenticity and hardshell case meets. Fast & FREE shipping on nearly all items, … 2020 Royal Enfield will! To Color images ( 6 ) video ( 1 ) Discounted price $ 999.99 *:! Sure had to return this one out of the performer models but a bit of the performer models guitar. Models away from the 1-star I gave it, the Meteora * reminds me bit... Red reviews had been fed rumours of Fender Meteora HH models is on sale this ’... Novation AFX Station worth €430 and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a simple average one... On in a Tele-style dual-single-coil configuration as part of the park music.! Review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon brand-new offset design promotional video Amazon.com Inc....
2020 fender meteora review