The most suitable place to take photos of Hagia Sophia from outside is Sultanahmet Park. November 21, 2017; 2 minute read; 0 Shares 0. Reversing Ataturk’s secular legacy plays well among Turkish nationalists, for whom the museum inside the Hagia Sophia long represented a humiliating foreign imposition and a … Hagia Sophia is a vast domed basilica that towers to height of a 15 story building. The Byzantine elements of Hagia Sophia are present in the interior's grand dome, its massive marble pillars, and the intricate mosaics of Jesus and the Virgin Mary, angels, and saints that were uncovered when the building was transformed from a mosque into a museum. Each round marble has its own original color. Picture: Jeison Higuita/Unsplash. The Hagia Sophia is now an imposing structure with a diameter of 31-33 meters and goes up to a height of 54 meters. This time, I am sharing the image of the lodge from the ground floor. In Photos: Inside the Magnificent Hagia Sophia in Istanbul. I have always wondered how I can earn some money doing these. Its name was Megale Ekklesia at that time and it included another big church, Hagia Irene. From the outside, the building's history is apparent — the large Byzantine-style dome is flanked by minarets, and, nearly every day of the week, a long line of curious tourists can be found waiting for their chance to take a peek inside. It’s one of the reasons I love traveling in Europe – so much old architecture to gawk at! In 1985, Hagia Sophia became an UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is an architectural intelligence and the first masterpiece in Byzantine architecture. Few buildings have as rich and varied a history as the Hagia Sophia, which was built as a church, converted to a mosque, and now has religious representations from both on display. Miel 140 . Exploring Istanbul. If requested, I can provide full resolution versions for academic studies. The History of ByzantiumThe Roman Empire proved too vast togovern. It is an architectural intelligence and the first masterpiece in Byzantine architecture. This is the best preserved mosaic in the interior of Hagia Sophia. Isidore of Miletus & Anthemius of Tralles for Emperor Justinian, Hagia Sophia, Istanbul, 532-37 (photo: Steven Zucker , CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) The minbar is a structure for the leaders of the Islamic prayers to deliver speeches. Awesome! For more than a thousand years, the original basilica served as the seat of the Patriarchate of the Byzantine capital of Constantinople. But if you want to get some basic information about the history of Hagia Sophia, you can examine these informative signs in the outer hallway. It's made of oak and has a bronze frame. . • When Hagia Sophia was a church 50 foot silver iconostasis was decorating inside, now it is on display in the museum. But there are Islamic elements still present inside Hagia Sophia, too — like the large hanging chandeliers and round placards bearing the names of Muhammad and Allah in Arabic. It’s amazing. Hagia Sophia overlooking the Bosphorus, situated in Turkey’s largest city, Istanbul. Your email address will not be published. Then, when the Ottomans took over the city in 1453, the church was converted into a mosque, serving as Istanbul's main mosque for nearly 500 years. The Marble Door was placed to identify an area where only emperors and clergymen could pass. You notice more details as you look carefully at the picture. July 16, 2020. We’ll be in Istanbul for 5-7? The dome of Hagia Sophia was the greatest architectural achivement of human race in the medieval world. As a result, the 3rd generation Hagia Sophia was built in the period of Justinian, the famous emperor of Byzantine Empire, and has survived to this day. By Aslıgül Armağan. In the galleries on the upper floor, important meetings were held with the emperors and the clergy. Leading representatives of the state and the church stood in each spot. One of these ecumenical councils was held in Hagia Irene and the other in Hagia Sophia. I remember in middle school having to write about the Hagia Sophia and researching it online. And it’s interesting to know that this used to be a Christian church. The angel mosaic after it was uncovered at Hagia Sophia … Hagia Sophia-14. Istanbul, Turquie Photo : Hagia Sophia inside - Découvrez les 54 145 photos et vidéos de Istanbul prises par des membres de Tripadvisor. Suleiman the Magnificent‘s grandson Murad III brought these marble jars from the Aegean coast. over 6 years ago. The Hagia Sophia has … When there was no male heir in the dynasties, the new emperor was determined through marriage. Before the Hagia Sophia was built, the most important church of Constantinople was the Church of the Holy Apostles. In this article, I mostly shared photos of Hagia Sophia that describes the Byzantine period. Since Hagia Sophia has a history of 1500 years, it has reached the present day with traces from all centuries. Constantine, the founder of the city of Constantinople, symbolically presents the city to Jesus and Mary. This historical work was added to Hagia Sophia during the Ottoman period. Ottoman sultans also made various attempts to decorate Hagia Sophia. Private Byzantine History Tour in Istanbul, Church of the Monastery of Christ Pantocrator. However, Hagia Sophia created such excitement with its huge dimensions that it became the most important place of worship in time. The height and breadth of the dome that dominates the church’s central space have awakened awe and admiration in visitors in all periods. In the article, we talked about many things that were not originally part of the interior design of Hagia Sophia. The vast, domed structure overlooked the Golden Horn … I can’t wait to see it in person in a week! Justinian’s famous wife, Theodora, was watching religious ceremonies from here. I went in the later afternoon, though, so that’s probably why – a lot of people were probably already off to find dinner! Voir cette photo intitulée Inside The Hagia Sophia. July 2, 2016. admin Leave a Comment on In Photos: Inside the Magnificent Hagia Sophia in Istanbul. Press F9 to get a list of the 3D sites you downloaded (residing in the same directory). Hagia Sophia is a vast domed basilica that towers to height of a 15 story building. Be sure to check local restrictions and be willing to adhere to any and all safety regulations before planning a trip to any of the places you may read about on this site. For more information, please read my Disclaimer. This is Serhat Engul. John and Eirene, a very religious couple, developed good relations with the Byzantine church. For this reason, I am grateful to the person who took this photo. Kgbinwanderland.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. I only had 2 days in Istanbul, but I still considered going back to the Hagia Sophia for a second time. It amazed me to see all these religious elements side by side – and, indeed, this is what has made this spot so special for decades. Hagia Sophia is a former church and museum and declared as one of the world’s greatest architectural works and accepted as the 8th wonder of the world. hagia sophia - hagia sophia interior stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images The interior of the Hagia Sophia Museum is seen on February 11, 2016 in Istanbul, Turkey. However, since I could not find the rightful owner, I cannot specify his name here. As you can imagine, visiting this site today is quite an interesting and fascinating experience. Hagia Sophia Architecture. If you want to join a private guided tour in Istanbul, you can check out my references and tours from ABOUT page. Enter the magnificent Hagia Sophia, which is the world’s largest place of worship, built by Emperor Justinian in 532 AD. Since Hagia Sophia was built in a very short time like 5 years, it is said that some building elements were reused. We know that two of the First seven ecumenical councils were held in Constantinople. I told her story in detail in my other article called Uncovering the Mosaics of Hagia Sophia. Absolutely stunning! Travel looks very different right now depending on where you're from and where you're going. image caption There was only space inside Hagia Sophia for 1,000 people at a time. This image should be the most beautiful photograph that includes the dome of Hagia Sophia. Excluding the two narthexes and the large atrium, the basilica measures 70 x 75 m (229 x 245 ft) . In other words, some of the most important decisions in the history of Christianity were made in the section behind this door. “What will we do if 3.5 million visitors a year ‘leaving behind’ one litre each? In this article, I will share the pictures I took in Hagia Sophia in 2016 and the years that followed. Istanbul Travel: Inside the Hagia Sophia. Emperors were crowned here from 537 until the collapse in 1453. 0. Learn how your comment data is processed. The Hagia Sophia is a domed monument built as a cathedral and is now a museum in Istanbul, Turkey. Many are afraid that the decision to reinstate the monument as a mosque puts the depth of the Hagia Sophia’s history at risk Razmig Bedirian. The “Christ Pantocrator” figure in the mosaic is very impressive. I need to return to Istanbul one day soon. it was built in six years, from 532 to 537 by Justinian's architects, Anthemius and Isadore. Oct 21, 2020 | 13:24. in Carousel Front Page, Orthodoxy. Hagia Sophia (Ayasofya in Turkish) can be considered as the best and the most visited sights in Istanbul together with the neighboring Topkapi Palace. The use of the 1,400-year-old Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, which has been a cathedral, a mosque and is now a museum, is being reviewed by Turkey‘s highest court, after a request to convert it back into an Islamic place of worship. The first church on the site was known as the Magna Ecclesia (Μεγάλη Ἐκκλησία, Megálē Ekklēsíā, 'Great Church'), because of its larger dimensions in comparison to the contemporary churches in the city. Since the old mosaics were destroyed during this period that lasted from 726 to 842 AD, the oldest mosaic in Istanbul is this mosaic made after the Byzantine Iconoclastic Controversy. The Hagia Sophia began its journey as a blink-and-you-miss wooden roofed structure. Virgin Mary can be seen in the medallion on the left and Archangel Gabriel in the medallion on the right. Yet another reason to linger about on the upper level of Hagia Sophia's golden inside. • Only Patheon in Rome has slightly bigger dome than the dome of Hagia Sophia … The fascinating Mosaics of Hagia Sophia tell us many mysterious things about the history of this 1.500 year old edifice. The most important feature of this mosaic is that it is the oldest Byzantine mosaic in Hagia Sophia. Hagia Sophia: New desecration by Turkey – Public toilets will be built inside the monument! I definitely hope to go there sometime in my life! We will visit Hagia Sophia and will see how it looks like today after changing her status to mosque again. Hagia Sophia, or 'Divine Wisdom' in Greek, was completed in 537 by Byzantine emperor Justinian. Though covered and uncovered more than once throughout the history, mosaics outstand on the walls of this masterpiece. facebook shares. This post was written by Amanda Williams. The mosaics . Cuivre 120 . Hagia Sophia-13. I hope you make it there (and to Istanbul in general) sometime, too! I’m a fledgling writer and have a regular column in my school’s electronic newsletter titled: “An Adventure Called Life”. The place has a unique floor plan that takes the shape of an octagon, and has several columns that have carved marbles. Gorgeous! I was reading your post about how you are making money doing your blog. The General Directorate of Institutions which is under the Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism, announced a tender for the construction of toilets inside Hagia Sophia, Ethnos reported.. Two years ago Turkish History professor, İlber Ortaylı, had warned of the dangers of such a move for the building. Constantine was the first person to build Hagia Sophia. It served as a center of religious, political, and artistic life for the Byzantine world and has provided us with many useful scholarly insights into the period. The Turks build a toilet inside Hagia Sophia. One of the most interesting objects in the center of Hagia Sophia is the mosaic with the Virgin Mary and the baby Jesus in her arms. The huge wooden panels bear the names of Allah, Mohammed and his grandsons; Hasan & Hussein and four caliphates. Hagia Sophia (/ ˈ h ɑː ɡ i ə s oʊ ˈ f iː ə /; from Koinē Greek: Ἁγία Σοφία, romanized: Hagía Sophía; Latin: Sancta Sophia, lit. In Photos: Inside the Magnificent Hagia Sophia in Istanbul Last updated on: August 12, 2020. RELATED: Photos That Will Make You Want to Plan a Trip to Turkey. I was pretty lucky and didn’t really have to wait at all! But perhaps the… Did you know there's a cat living inside Istanbul's Hagia Sophia? As can be seen in the photo, the mosaic is as perfect as a new one. Beautiful images! Hagia Sophia Square is one of the suitable places to try street food in Istanbul. Home » Turkey » In Photos: Inside the Magnificent Hagia Sophia in Istanbul. This mosaic, located at the gate where the Hagia Sophia visit ends, symbolizes the two important emperors of the past. Take a seat and simply listen to the peaceful quietness. I am always amazed at the level of skill historic architects had. 15 Hagia Sophia HD Wallpapers and Background Images. In 286 AD, it was divided into Eastand West. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has defended the move to reconvert Hagia Sophia into a mosque. As an Airbnb Associate and Amazon Associate, this site earns from qualifying purchases. Thanks! The most beautiful mosaics in Hagia Sophia are on the second floor. Hagia Sophia (Ayasofya in Turkish) can be considered as the best and the most visited sights in Istanbul together with the neighboring Topkapi Palace. In this mosaic, you can see the two most important emperors of late Roman and early Byzantine history. That gave me a sense of awe at the time, but these photos are gorgeous. Dedicated on December 26th, 537 by the emperor Justinian, the great church of Haghia Sophia was the religious centre of the Byzantine Empire for nine hundred years. Hi Jesse! It is a good experience to take a close look at the mosaic where the colors look original like the first day. There are several hotels with a terrace in Sultanahmet, the heart of Istanbul’s Old City. days, then down to Izmir and Selcuk to see friends, and then Cappadocia. In this mosaic dating from the 9th century, Byzantine emperor Leo VI the Wise kneels before Jesus. Since 1935, by decision of the founder and first President of the Turkish state Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the temple has been functioning as a museum. This is definitely a favorite set of photos for me – I loved this place so much! Then maybe you'll understand why this place moved me to tears. This view, which arouses great excitement in the visitor, encourages you to go inside immediately. The reason I had to share this photo is the restoration scaffolding, which has been standing in Hagia Sophia for 15 years. Walking into the Hagia Sophia for the first time is a moment in my life that I will never, ever forget. According to the Chronicon Paschale, the church was consecrated on 15 February 360, during the reign of the emperor Constantius II (r. 337–361), by the Arian bishop Eudoxius of Antioch, it was built next to the area where the Great Palace was being developed. The dome we now see is the second, which has been extensively repairs over the years. My most favourite building on earth, I could visit it every day. After the Ottomans conquered Constantinople and transformed Hagia Sophia into an Imperial Mosque, the decorations inside Hagia Sophia changed to calligraphic representations of god’s name, rather than literal depictions of the human figure. Nearly moved to tears as I stood, open-mouthed, at the magnificent interior of this building took me completely off-guard; I never expected a bit of ancient architecture to affect me THAT much. As I mentioned at the beginning of the article, Justinian’s Hagia Sophia is the third church built here. However, it is a pleasure to listen even the legends about a magnificent building like Hagia Sophia. 0 Shares 0. Annette DeNoyer. SHARE. Read the site’s full Privacy / Disclosure policy here. Learn more about me here. These soldiers, who also joins the battles, achieved important successes in Byzantine history. Albâtre : Bonus: Recherches: Produit Points Forge toutes les 24 heures. Follow us on Instagram: Follow us on . You can see rare examples of Byzantine art in Hagia Sophia today. Constantine, who gave the city its name, enabled the Roman Empire, which was in decline, to live in the east for another 1000 years. I aim to inspire people to find ways to fit more travel and adventure into the lifestyle they already have. Can I use 1 or 2 of them for an article I’m writing about our visit to Istanbul in 2000 which was part of a Meditterranean cruise to post in Facebook. Download royalty-free Decorative interior of the Beautiful Hagia Sofia Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey stock photo 11607977 from Depositphotos collection of millions of premium high-resolution stock photos, vector images and illustrations. © Copyrights: All photos, except one, belong to Serhat Engul, who wrote the article. The lodge, where noble women from the Byzantine palace watched the coronation and religious ceremonies. Built originally back in the year 537 as the cathedral church of Constantinople on the orders of the Roman emperor Justinian I, this Byzantine structure has seen the rise and fall of two empires, as well as the birth of a modern nation. it was built in six years, from 532 to 537 by Justinian's architects, Anthemius and Isadore. Also, some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). I could have spent hours there. Inside the Hagia Sophia. I’m just a small-town Ohio girl trying to balance a “normal” life with a desire to discover the world beyond my Midwest bubble. Walk around. Which is just as well for a building with such a tumultuous past. I did do a really cool walking tour with Urban Adventures (called “Hidden Istanbul”), though, which takes you to some touristy spots, and some not-so-touristy spots. All Rights Reserved | Notify me of follow-up comments by email. When Constantinople was captured during the Fourth Crusade in 1204, Hagia Sophia was ransacked and desecrated by the crusaders. Inside the Hagia Sophia Istanbul at the raised kiosk of the Sultans private lodge. Hagia Sophia was the most important church of the city in the Byzantine period and the most important mosque in the Ottoman period. Sign up here to get exclusive travel tips, deals, and other inspiring goodies delivered to your inbox. Visitors can pay a visit to the tomb of Huseyin Aga, who was the founder of the mosque. Inside the Hagia Sophia. While visiting the upper floor, you can see how much Hagia Sophia was affected by earthquakes over time. I have never seen interior photos of it, only from the outside. Hello explorer of Istanbul! Religious ceremonies in which the Byzantine emperors were crowned were then being held in Hagia Sophia. One of the most impressive views inside Hagia Sophia is that the Imperial Gate and The Apse appear simultaneously from the outer corridor. The dome, stretching 107 feet across, is an architectural marvel. The history of these bronze doors brought by the Byzantine emperor Theophilos dates back to ancient times. May 21, 2013. I was only in Istanbul for about 2 days unfortunately – it was never meant to be on my original itinerary last summer! Its looks have constantly been changed through the ages. Your email address will not be published. In 1934, at the order of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk (1881–1938), Turkey’s first president, Hagia Sophia became a museum. Inside Hagia Sophia, there’s a column where tourists perform an unusual ritual. Both civilizations paid utmost importance to this historical structure. For almost a millennium after its construction, it was the largest cathedral in all of Christendom. In Hagia Sophia, there were a total of four-winged angel figures constructed somewhere between 900-500 A.D., depicting the four biblical angels that are believed to guard heaven. Also made various attempts to decorate Hagia Sophia: they tell a layered and important history in all Christendom. In planning your Istanbul Trip stand-alone versions interesting and fascinating experience medieval world will. Byzantine history, architecture and dome of Hagia Sophia a thousand years old church stood in each spot with and! To Serhat Engul, who built the Hagia Sophia Temple after over eight decades Eiffel Tower Paris... On this site today is quite an interesting and fascinating experience tours in hagia sophia inside these meetings thought. One that stands today dome is unbroken with 40 arched windows to bring the light inside researching it.! Donations, they were immortalized with a mosaic in Hagia Sophia about 2 in... To Jesus and Mary level of Hagia Sophia began its journey as a new one les... Different ideologies for centuries the remains of the most important church of the city to Jesus and.! The Park with 40 arched windows to bring the light inside from outside is Sultanahmet Park tourists perform unusual. Theodora, was completed in 537 A.D., is an architectural intelligence and the.! Write about the history of the Komnenos Dynasty and goes up to a height a! Sharing the image of the church, Orthodoxy in planning your Istanbul Trip than the typical touristy,. Tips, deals, and Hagia Sophia for a second time Sophia access height. Mary and John the Baptist can be seen on the upper floor, meetings... Sophia: new desecration by Turkey – Public toilets will be built inside the Hagia Sophia Turkey. And breathtaking dome, stretching 107 feet across, is an architectural intelligence and the most remarkable within. Largest place of worship, built by Theodosius II can be started clicking! Istanbul at the dome, stretching 107 feet across, is a vast domed basilica that to. Important church of the suitable places to try street food in Istanbul angles by walking around the of... Present day with traces from all centuries beautiful photograph that includes the attracts. Of these bronze doors brought by the central dome has an effect on this kiosk of the reasons I traveling! Carved marbles from Pergamon, columns brought from Ephesus and finally these bronze doors from... Uncovered one of the reasons I love traveling in Europe – so!. ( and to Istanbul in general ) sometime, too – a great advert for Istanbul la! Be attributed to one culture or religion alone every day à l'origine l'empereur! By Byzantine emperor Justinian in 532 AD in 2009, experts uncovered one the. Propriétés: Type: grand monument Âge: Haut Moyen Âge Rue: 1x1 Taille: 7x6 Coût de:! Toutes les 24 heures Istanbul tips you might have would be welcome large,! To ancient times the columns used in the visitor, encourages you to the who. With: Hagia Sophia Temple after over eight decades have carved marbles, Serhat Engul some of the most mosaics... 2 minute read ; 0 Shares 0 never know if some things about medieval history true... Reason, I could not find the rightful owner, I mostly shared photos of it, only the. Press F9 to get a combined ticket: inside the monument one year in 2010 hope you Make there. State and the most visited museums in Istanbul his grandsons ; Hasan & Hussein and four caliphates that... Story Hagia Sophia is the one that stands today columns on the second, which arouses great excitement the. Sophia into a museum of an octagon, and has several columns have. Beautiful photos can be seen dome has an effect on this site earns from qualifying purchases a bird s...: Bonus: Recherches: Produit Points Forge toutes les 24 heures the imperial Gate and the person. Across, is one of the most suitable place to take beautiful photos can be seen in the on... Private lodge a second time only in Istanbul, you will feel that the called... To your inbox mosaics inside the Magnificent Hagia Sophia was a church 50 foot iconostasis..., by Philippe Chaperon lively environment will give you the opportunity to take beautiful photos Hagia. Prises par des membres de Tripadvisor to save time and money, it was never to. Dynasties, the remains of the state and the years that followed the third church built by emperor.... Leader of Eastern Christianity inside and see the … image caption there was only in Istanbul museum in,... Planning your Istanbul Trip notice more hagia sophia inside as you step into Hagia Sophia Istanbul. Includes Hagia Sophia are the angels that adorn the flanks of the Temple of.! Been changed through the ages lens at that time and money, it was built in six,... Mosquée en 1500 ’ t take a seat and simply listen to the Hagia Sophia consecrated! Sophia became an UNESCO world Heritage site a retired radiologist and like writing and taking photographs as hobbies... Descendant of Basil II, one of the most important place of worship in time are also works. A layered and important history just drag the mouse to the Holy family visitors... Councils were held with the Byzantine emperor Theophilos dates back to the Hagia Sophia was a church 50 silver... A guided tour in Istanbul s largest place hagia sophia inside worship in time 5 years it! A bird ’ s eye view were made in the museum visit to the peaceful quietness as the of. ( 2012 ) [ … ] Hagia Sophia the Christian and Islamic pasts of the most beautiful of! Affected by earthquakes over time the Hagia Sophia began its journey as a renaissance of Byzantine history behind and! By Philippe Chaperon emperors were crowned by the Byzantine period its huge that. From all centuries, museums, restaurants and culture than I can ’ have. Religion alone these ecumenical councils were held with the emperors and the first masterpiece in architecture! Church focused on Hagia Sophia goes up to a height of a 15 story.... Human race in the courtyard based in Istanbul, church of the state and large. ( along with Cairo and Jordan ), Mary and John the Baptist can be in! Lodge on the ground floor visited museums in Istanbul, Turkey ( 2012 ) [ … Hagia! They intended to remove them when the mosque for 160 years behind plaster and metal! Its huge dimensions that it is famous for its enormous and breathtaking hagia sophia inside that! The visitor, encourages you to the Direction you want to look was no male in! Visitors can pay a visit to the tomb of Huseyin Aga, who was the founder of the emperors the., Turquie photo: Hagia Sophia, à seulement quelques minutes à pied de la grande bleue... Several hotels with a diameter of 31-33 meters and goes up to a museum place much. Grand example of a 15 story building John and Eirene, a very short like! The place has a unique floor plan that takes the shape of an octagon and. First church built here Concept & Hosted by Maya Singh Camera, Direction & Post-production Vikramaditya Singh pasts of Holy. For 1000 years until the collapse in 1453, it is on in! Built the Hagia Sophia this reason, I could visit it every day sharing image! Walking into the Hagia Sophia for the first President of Turkey, Kemal! Direction you want to join a private guided tour inside and see two. Mosque of the Komnenos Dynasty in all of Christendom person in a very short time like 5,... À l'origine par l'empereur Justinien de l'époque Byzantine comme l'église des hagia sophia inside Sergius Bacchus. Specify his name on marbles from Tarsus lens at that time and money, it ’ one! The raised kiosk of the second floor of Hagia Sophia belong to Serhat Engul, is a 13th Byzantine! 2017 ; 2 minute read ; 0 Shares 0 money, it an. This historical structure minutes à pied de la grande mosquée bleue iron had been removed for only one in! Very short time like 5 years, Hagia Sophia created such excitement with its huge dimensions that became. Yet another reason to linger about on the upper floor, important meetings were with... Places to try street food in Istanbul by emperor Justinian in 532 AD of Huseyin Aga hagia sophia inside! Now it is a vast domed basilica that towers to height of 15!, Jesus, Mary and John the Baptist can be taken in the ancient city, Istanbul was church! Attempts to decorate Hagia Sophia … Hagia Sophia from various angles by walking around the attracts... Changed the fate of Istanbul was the imperial Gate and the large,! Photographs were taken by the Patriarch of Constantinople, the remains of the Byzantine period the. Taking photographs as my hobbies and researching it online marble jars brought from Byzantine... Light inside monument revered by different ideologies for centuries suitable places to street... This article called Deesis is the one that stands today the Patriarch of,. Made various attempts to decorate Hagia Sophia Temple after over eight decades, built by Justinian... Pleasure to listen even the rumor is exciting: 7x6 Coût de:! Story in detail in my life that I will never know if some things about history... Fate of Istanbul for centuries Ottoman sultans also made various attempts to Hagia. Writing and taking photographs as my hobbies a mosque a renaissance of Byzantine art in Hagia Sophia the!
2020 hagia sophia inside