The chocolate cake of your dreams. Never have I managed to make a cake with wholewheat flour that didn’t taste of wholewheat. Guess what, the whole family loved it. haha). Pour the batter into the baking dish. Just to cut sugar a bit.was still delicious. It was a success!! I’m thinking of trying it for a birthday cake. Glad you liked it! This cake is a staple dessert in our household with nut allergies, gluten-free and vegan diets! Grease and line a 20cm cake tin with a removable base; Place the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale and fluffy. The only change I made was to use coconut sugar instead of brown sugar. 3rd time doing this cake and it is delicious! I needed a version lightened up as far as it would go. Mix together. And we’ve reduced the amount of sugar in this cake compared to a typical cake by about a quarter cup (you can actually reduce it further, if you like.). The applesauce is used instead of oil- so you could use the oil instead of the applesauce. Hi Sara! I baked for 35 mins, Andy checked every 10 m or so. Thank you . Absolutely delicious! I’m so sorry to hear this, Lucie! In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry crust ingredients, then stir in the oil and water to make a dough. I also did not put the sugar in but added a quarter of honey for sweetness. I almost didn’t choose this recipe because I wanted a YUMMY chocolate banana cake, and this recipe is for a Healthy chocolate banana cake. I will definitely make this again. The bananas and applesauce make it tender and moist without the need for added oils. No need to change the temp, just cook until it’s cooked all the way through. This lightened-up healthy chocolate cake has no oil, but gets its super moist crumb from bananas and applesauce. THANK YOU . Made this over the weekend and not a crumble left after a day. . A HEALTHY chocolate cake. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. ; Beat sugar + eggs: beat the sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and salt until the mixture is thick and creamy.This will … I had some bananas that I either needed to make something or throw out they couldn’t have lasted another day and love chocolate with bananas so found this. Required fields are marked *. I’m wondering if the brown sugar can be replaced with maple syrup? Absolutely Kristi! How would you store this cake to keep it fresh? My question is can we cook it in microwave? If your toothpick pulls up sticky uncooked batter, you know your cake needs a little extra time in the oven. Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Get children aged 8-14 inspired in the kitchen by making an afternoon tea treat ... Have your cake and eat it, with this beautifully decadent low-fat chocolate cake 50 mins . I wanted to report my alterations in case anyone was in the same predicament. I wouldn’t recommend any adjustments other than to check your cake about 10 minutes before the end of the bake time. Get the kids in here. Worked out perfectly. By the way, I am from Cebu Philipppines. . I was glad to find this and your website. © 2020 Super Healthy Kids, Inc., all rights reserved, In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the bananas and brown sugar until the bananas are mashed and the sugar is dissolved. , My son loved it!!! Hello! Sprinkle the top with mini chocolate chips. I'm a mom and registered dietitian with a passion to help parents create a home environment where they can raise healthy kids! I will be a regular visitor to your site now. Hi Jasmin, that should be the calories per slice. How would I adjust, Hi Doreen, I’m not sure how you could adjust this particular recipe to suit the ingredients you have on hand, but here are a couple other recipes you might like to use up your bananas: ? 4. Finally, give yourself permission to ENJOY. I ended up not using any chocolate chips as I felt the batter was sweet enough. Leave a review! You can also use a muffin pan. It was my first time trying my hand at baking from scratch. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. really awesome! would this recipe work out if I made it in two 8” circle pans and stacked them? Thick and Creamy Chocolate MousseHomemade Chocolate MilkHealthy Chocolate Hummus15 Delicious Healthy Chocolate Desserts, Your email address will not be published. Thank you so much for making this recipe 10/10. I am a fussy baker and truly wonderful! Children were doing it for their father’s birthday and no time to do another one. Is it possible to make it as muffins? Thanks for sharing your substitutions- and we’re so happy to hear that this recipe is such a hit with your family! Good luck if you decide to try it out! This recipe is wonderful! Sprinkle … Thank you for the recipe. https://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2015/08/12/simple-cinnamon-apple-cake She never had sugar or chocolate before, but she loves banana so I wasn’t sure she would love it . I used half spelt/half AP flour and the cake was delicious. Hi Kelli, I think a 1:1 substitution should work. Definitely going to make it again. Moist enough. I will definitely be printing out this recipe to use it again! , I just came across this recipe while trying to find some banana loaf/cake recipe variation earlier today. 1.Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line the bottom of a 24 cm spring-form pan with parchment paper, grease the sides and dust with flour.In a large bowl combine … (Cake batter, nutella, cake batter.) it was completely flat like a pancake. I can try something using the apple sauce I made while on lockdown. My niece who usually avoids fruit in anything ate it (even though she kept asking what was in it!). I put some peanut butter chips on it this time (I’ve made it a few other times) and that adds just that much more especially for those like me who love peanut butter. We dont have it here. Really a good recipe, fast, easy, cheap and everyone will love it! Release pan sides and parchment paper. You can, but you need to increase the amount of eggs to 5 instead of 1 because coconut flour is drier and more absorbent than all purpose flour. Try a twist on traditional toffee apples - sugared, spiced and very very nice! This recipe is a keeper. This is my new favorite dessert! This looks great . Easy to make, family loved it! This is one I would try to mix together just before baking if possible. very moist and yummy. Thank you! I made this cake today and it is amazing!!! Hi Lisa! We’re working on getting nutrition data directly on recipes on our site. I pulled together some healthy ingredients from around my kitchen: oat flour, Greek yogurt, eggs, cinnamon, and apples. https://www.superhealthykids.com/meal-plan-memberships/, https://www.superhealthykids.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=44712&action=edit, https://www.superhealthykids.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=34612&action=edit. It was a hit with everyone who ate it! The entire cake was gone in a blink of an eye. Great recipe, thanks!! No sugar chocolate cake? S o moist and chocolatey almost like a mud cake but with fruit in it..So good..I will definitely be making this again!! Chocolate cake? It fits into your family’s balanced eating plan. It turned out well on the re-heat. Thanks for the delicious recipe! We used a stand mixer to combine the mashed bananas and sugar. I substituted the sugar with one extra banana and 1/2 cup of maple syrup, applesauce with olive oil, AP flour with oat flour, and half the chocolate chips with chopped dates. Can I make this today (Friday) or is that too far in advance? Go ahead and indulge! If I don’t have a stand mixer can I mix by hand? Break out a big fork and put those wrists to work! She’s already asking me when I’m going to make it again. ; Add cacao powder and using a whisk, whisk until well mixed. I changed it a little. I would definitely double it if you want 3 layers. Thank you! My mom and daughter loved it. We have some good news. Divine & so easy to make.I replaced sugar with sweetener granules & used very dark cocoa & chocolate. My son loves this cake and wants to bring it to school for his birthday celebration. Does the chocolate somewhat hide the banana or is it very strong? I’m not confident that the cake will rise well if the batter is made a day ahead. Yum! Banana lovers, don’t forget to check out our Homemade Banana Pudding Recipe. 3 medium bananas is about 1 cup mashed. Thank you so much for this recipe. -2/4 c brown sugar and I/3 c sugar Good luck! Can you use this recipe with a gluten free coconut flour? You can analyze recipes here http://nutritiondata.self.com/ As far as brown sugar, it will metabolize the same as other sugars. It was delicious!! I just made this it’s so delicious and moist my 3 year old daughter loves it too she kept asking for more but I had to stop her…lol. It’s in the oven now. Can i replace flour with wheat flour? Make sure that you stir/sift your flour and cocoa powder before you measure them to lighten them up. . Will definitely be adding this recipe to the favorites! All the recipes we add to our membership site are analyzed for the calories, fat, carbs, fiber, and sugar. Oh my gosh this looks amazing! Place aluminum foil or a baking tray on top of the cake for the last 10 minutes to prevent the top from burning. Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Adults and kids loved it thanks for the recipe. Hello Fresh special offer: Get 50% off your first recipe box, then 35% off the next three. It’s also whole grain and lower in sugar than typical cake (with no need for frosting!) I substituted the white wholewheat flour with regular wholewheat flour and reduced the quantity to 90g as regular wholewheat flour tends to be denser. I would think dates would make it too wet but I’m not sure (I didn’t write the recipe, just trying to help! How long should cake bake if recipe is doubled in 9×13 pan???? Recipe by Kasha. Put this on my to-do list! I don’t know why I would ever make a chocolate cake with butter or oil again. I made muffins out of it and baked on 350 for 15 min. Sounds like some great additions! I would like to make this cake for my son’s birthday but I wanted to use a 10.5″ bundt cake tin instead of a square 8″ dish. Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. !..taste ws awesome and soo easy to make ..thanks a tonne ? I substituted a sprouted gluten free flour blend for the flour, 1 flax egg for the egg and coconut sugar for the brown sugar. This cake is very good warm, so don’t be afraid to cut yourself and your kids a square soon after it comes out of the oven. We had it again another night and warmed it in the microwave to melt the choco chips. Or you could try another fruit puree! Almost half of it was finished even before it cooled down. Very yummy-very rich & chocolatey even without the mini-chips. like birthday cake style? Hi Neha! I made the cake today and it was awesome. Cool for 20 minutes before cutting around the edges to loosen the cake. Thanks! Looks amazing! ; Add flour and whisk until smooth and well combined. I unfortunately didn’t have applesauce so had to use oil. You can taste the bananas, but chocolate is the dominant taste. We added: This recipe should make about 12+ cupcakes and you would bake them at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 18 to 20 minutes. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. While the cake cools, make the caramel glaze by heating a small saucepan over medium-high heat and melting 1/4 cup butter. Anna, it tastes a little like bananas, yes. Thanks for sharing!! Cinnamon and sweet-tart Granny Smith apples make for a fragrant cake, while orange juice in the batter adds a sweet, fresh touch. Great recipe , thanks! Instructions. I hope this helps! Making muffins this time! I just loved it , made it for friends and they loved it also it was so easy, AH- MAY – ZING!! What a recipe. It taste sooo good! So I did not have any expectations. You can make it in a roasting tin, too, Apples and caramel are a heavenly duo. Yes, I did…in fact it is still baking in rhe oven. Start with 30 seconds and go from there. I used egg replacer (neat egg) and added a splash of almond milk to loosen batter a bit. Is it More diabetic friendly using the applesauce and brown sugar? Banana bread muffin: https://www.superhealthykids.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=34612&action=edit. I just made this for my girls afternoon tea, it’s so good. Is there a way to know the approximate fat and sugar carbs? In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. My kids loved it (& they’re picky). Prepare Obviously, it will taste better the closer you make it to when you want to eat it, but if you want to make it today, just be sure to cover it tightly and store it at room temperature it should be okay. Batter will be very thick. If yes, what would be the instructions? Remove the cake from the oven and let sit for at least 20 minutes. Instead of the extra chocolate chips on top, I added some chopped walnuts. Super Healthy Kids! That’s how you know the cake is done. I would bake them at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes. Pumpkin-Chocolate Cream Cake. Pour batter into a greased 8×8-inch baking dish. Moist cake topped with a sticky, crunchy topping will keep your guests coming back for more, This maple, apple and pecan cake with apple sauce has a beautiful texture. We’re all about experimenting in the kitchen, so if you try something new, please come back and let us know how it turns out. Enjoy! Applesauce does have pectin and some fiber which will slow down the metabolizing and would be more diabetic friendly . I cooked it as long as suggested and tested it before taking out of the oven. Hi.. Thanks for sharing your experience! Will definitely make again. It’s definitely more chocolate than banana. Can I replace whole flour with Almond flour? Wow delicious, I was looking for this everywhere.I’m definitely will make this next week end. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs using a whisk, then add the coconut oil, apple sauce, honey and … I made this cake without the apple sauce as I did not have any but added Greek yoghurt as one lady in the comments suggested. Such a great recipe! Also added some PB to the top and swirled it. Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray an 8 inch square pan with cooking spray. So moist and delicious! Sift together the flour and salt, and rub in the butter. FOLD in the finely diced apples and mix through until … Inspired from Kittencal's great Apple Snack Cake. Your Banana caramel cake looks attractive and adorable . You can swap 1/4 cup of the flour with almond meal or oat flour, but you will still need the other 3/4 cup of flour because of the gluten. Perfectly spiced with apple sauce, turmeric and cumin, sausage and chicken stock. This moist and fruity cake is a great way to get kids to eat fruit, you may have trouble stopping them! Add the applesauce, vanilla, and egg. A rustic fruit crumble cake with raisins and spice and a crunchy nutty topping - a spin on a classic, A brilliant combination of two great puddings - sponge and crumble - try reader Bridie Bannon's fruity traybake, Perfect with a fresh pot of tea, this looks and tastes just as good as a farmers' market buy, This easy all-in-one cake is perfect if you've got friends coming for coffee or afternoon tea, A moist fruit sponge, packed with the best seasonal produce with a touch of almond and cinnamon too, A kind of right-way-up upside down cake - a perfect teatime treat. So so good! Thanks so much for sharing this. Cant wait to try this recipe. Yay!! Thanks a lot for the recipe. You can use oil (vegetable, canola, coconut) with the same ratio (so 1/2 cup). Sorry not a baker so don’t know the toothpick doneness method? The message thread is really helpful too. Thanks! Directions. It’s really moist and chocolatey as is, but you could frost it I suppose. We love it! We haven’t tried this recipe as cake pops but it sounds like fun! Hi Sara, I have never tried making this in the microwave, so I can’t say whether it will turn out or not. Glad it reheated well for you! I had to package half of it and give it away immediately, otherwise I would have made short work of it in only a couple of days. Step-by-step recipe instructions. This is a keeper; I will make it again. Can I use oats and almond meal in place of flour? Edd Kimber creates a rustic bake with chunks of sweet apple and a crunchy demerara sugar topping. . When they’re stored, they settle and you end up measuring more if you don’t give them a quick stir first, resulting in a denser product. However the cake was much gooey-er than I expected and I wondered if I undercooked it. So good and super moist! Can I leave out the chocolate chips or will it not be good that way? Healthy Apple Cake Breakfast Cookies. Pour batter into a greased 8x8-inch baking dish. It is not too sweet but I like it that way. AMAZING!!!??? WHAT? Hi Amber! Thanks for sharing! Wow. Will definitely be making this again. I’m trying to find a creative way to get some banana into his diet every now and then. And no coco powder I used half cup gluten free baking flour and half cup whole wheat flour along with only half a cup of coconut sugar. Give it a try! Sprinkle the batter with the almond slices. Carrot-Apple Soup (Whole30, Paleo, Gluten-free) Enjoy this wildly flavorful and healthy Carrot-Apple soup. You can use either kind of cocoa powder. Going to make it again. This cake was exactly what I needed today’s delicious and indulgent, and perfect to use overripe bananas and leftover applesauce. I worry about it being to heavy to stack. Preheat oven to 350F, line the bottom of an 8-inch springform or removable-bottom tart pan with parchment, and set aside. :), Are those 282 calories the amount for one slice of brownie or for 10. But I have dark chocolate chunks and dark chocolate What a quick and easy cake that doesn’t make me feel too guilty. Can I prepare the batter the previous night and bake it the next day for a birthday party? BBC Good Food online webinarsExpand your cooking skills with our online masterclasses. I will be making this often. I’m so amazing at what I saw on your blog,was searching for a nice site where I can get Banana caramel cake for my cousin’s birthday. So happy you found us and this recipe worked so well for you!! I haven’t frozen this particular cake, but you can freeze cake in general when individually wrapped. If you stick a toothpick or a clean knife into the middle of a cake towards the end of baking, it should come out clean (or with just a crumb or two attached.) thank you! I am lactose intolerant but I indulge in cake sometimes. Maybe 30 to 40 minutes. Can this cake be made in a 9 x 5 loaf pan? I made this cake the other day and though I read that it has no oil, I completely missed that there is no milk as well. I used greek yoghurt instead of apple sauce as that’s what I had in the fridge ( apple sauce is not a big thing here in NZ) turned out so moist, light and fluffy and fudgy all at the same time. So I want to make this cake in an 8″ round Pan do I need to double the recipe or change the temperature? 3. Don’t have one of those either? Love your recipes! Check out more tasty and healthy chocolate treats. 19 People talking Join In … The size of your bananas might have effected the texture a bit. Choose from rustic country apple traybakes, toffee apple squares, loaf cakes and more. I just made it with my son.? I truly felt I was indulging in a dessert. They turned out fantastic!! Hello, I was going to make this but then looked at the nutrition facts – 31g of sugar per serving! So so good! Will make this again. Brown sugar you mean the soft brown one? Or at least a healthi-ER chocolate cake. We used coconut flower sugar in place of brown sugar (1:1) and yoghurt in place of apple sauce (1:1). I used very ripe banana plantains and oh my goodness, totally scrumptious! can you make this cake in (3) 8″ round pans and make it a layer cake? Milk and cake taste great together, and milk also balances the nutrition in their dessert. The cake is moist and fudgy. Does this cake doesn’t need oil or butter at all? GLUTEN-FREE VEGAN CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT TRUFFLE CAKE by Rhian’s Recipes. This was so yummy. Sooo light n fluffy moist and delicious, What can I use instead of applesauce? This nutty sandwich loaf cake with buttercream frosting and caramel drizzle fits the bill nicely, This simple cake makes a great dinner treat or serve with cream for a filling dessert, Good Food reader, Magdalena Duggan, shares her grandmother's spiced chocolate sponge packed with fruit from the garden, Enjoy this 'glut and nut' cake, made with excess courgettes and apples, with a cup of tea, This showstopping bake is a celebration of classic apple desserts with spiced sponge, vanilla icing and a sticky caramel apple filling, These extra-special cupcakes taste just like traditional crumble and custard - top with cream icing and apple-shaped biscuits, This traditional spiced cake is served with a cinnamon whipped cream and a dusting of icing sugar, Get children aged 8-14 inspired in the kitchen by making an afternoon tea treat, With slices of British Cox's apples and a crunchy nut topping, this cake is a winner, This loaf cake is simple and seasonal, using fresh autumnal cobnuts and apples, topped with dreamy dulce de leche, Layers of frozen yogurt are given a crunchy contrast with an oaty biscuit base in this impressive pud - a great alternative to cheesecake. Hi what is the daily percentage for the sugar intake as it is blank next to it. Could almond flour be substituted for the AP Flour? We haven’t run into this issue… the only reason I can think of a to why the cake turned out flat is that your baking soda may have gone stale… it does lose it’s power to lift over time. Thanks for your review! The BEST Banana Cake Recipe ever encountered! One of my favourite dessert recipes on the blog is this 6-ingredient gooey Swedish chocolate cake.It’s oozy, super chocolaty heaven, and I’ll continue making it, especially when I need a delicious crowd pleasing dessert in a hurry. I increased the amount of cocoa powder slightly and used 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate chunks instead of chips. Let us know how that turns out for you! So moist and chocolatey. This turned out super delicious. I didn’t put the brown sugar, and added a banana (they were very ripped so very sweet) Id prefer not to use oil though, You could try using extra banana as a substitute for the applesauce (I haven’t tried this myself, so I’m not exactly sure how it’ll turn out!). AWESOME as my son said. Thanks! I made this last night, run out of apple sauce so I used greek yogurt Instead. Double wrap it to keep it from getting freezer burnt. Thank you so much for this recipe! Me and my daughter just loved making this one and sharing with her friends.. Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice. […] I was looking for a sugar-free, fruit- based cake for my daughter’s first birthday. I was worried as my son doesn’t prefer banana base dessert. Both kids and adults loved it. No wheat flour at home so I used all purpose flour, tried coco sugar instead of brown sugar in reduced quantity to suit my taste. 1 egg; 1/4 cup pumpkin (can also sub applesauce) 2 tablespoons healthy flour (oat, almond, spelt, whole wheat, etc.) A tasty cake with no added fat or sugar - try it to believe it. How to make this healthyish apple cake recipe. It was moist and chocolaty and really wonderful. Super delicious, healthy and perfect for the fall. To make this apple dessert, simply… Prep the apples: peel, core, and slice the apples, then toss them in lemon juice. It’s in the oven right now! Hi Indy, good question! Thank you!!! Some of the ones below have no added sugars whatsoever. Add 4 tbsp of the flour, and then beat in the eggs one at a time. You may want to 1 1/2x or 2x the recipe since it’s only for one 8-inch square dish. This simple nondairy apple cake, which is often called Jewish apple cake, has origins in Eastern Europe. Made this for my brother in laws birthday. Thank you! Glad you loved it! chocolate, cake mix, vegetable oil, mini marshmallows, milk chocolate and 4 more Mustard-Apple Meat Loaf Pork ground pork, bread crumbs, black pepper, onion soup mix, dijon style mustard and 1 … Hi. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat 13x9x2-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. I just made this tonight and it was amazing! Hi Jasmin, if you don’t mind adding some fat to the cake, you can use butter or oil in place of the applesauce. I hope this helps! Enjoy! I made this with only oat flour and is was just as great as with using ap flour. This cake looked so good I had to try it asap! I hope this helps! Best eaten warm. Low Fat Low Sugar Chocolate Apple Snack Cake. Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips. My boys love it. First time baked this and hmmmm…! I can’t get over it, I want to eat the whole thing but I’ll be nice and let my family have some haha. So happy to hear it! Sharing dessert with your kids is part of how we teach them to have a healthy attitude about all kinds of foods. I have made this 3 times and it was delicious every time! Preheat the oven at 170 C for at least 15 … I want to make it again, but make it into a 2 layer cake (doubling recipe, baking 2)…do you think the cake will stand the height? My toddler doesn’t like chocolate, would not lick the spoon but devoured this cake!! 1. It was gone in 2 days. I made the cake recently. Use an 8×8 baking dish for a healthy chocolate cake that bakes quickly and evenly. Would that work or would the cake be drier? It’s finally here. And it’s so moist! very disappointing. Absolutely Karen! Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 35 minutes. https://www.superhealthykids.com/meal-plan-memberships/, The other recipes we post for our blog can be calculated at http://nutritiondata.self.com/. This is a super moist cake baked in a bundt pan. Just use a potato masher to mash the bananas by hand and then follow the recipe. This recipe is truly fantastic! Start peeking in at 20 minutes to see if the cake is firm in the middle. I will like to you to bake a cake for my cousin’s birthday that is coming up next month. With my reductions, the calorie count per 1/9 of a cake dropped down to closer to 200 calories. Forget to check your cake needs a little extra time in the middle of the cake my... At 20 minutes to see if the brown sugar and i popped an... ” it would go to bring it to believe it across this recipe is doubled in 9×13 pan??. Tin, too, apples and caramel are a heavenly duo only flour... Double the recipe calls for.. me and my husband, daughter and i wondered if i ve. Easily replaced with any GF options and an egg replacer ( neat egg ) and added a of...? post=34612 & action=edit, https: //amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2015/08/12/simple-cinnamon-apple-cake preheat the oven be healthier, not to mention less,! Great way to get some banana loaf/cake recipe variation earlier today round healthy chocolate apple cake do need. Well for you!!!!!!!!!!. Dinner table so easy to make.I replaced sugar with sweetener granules & used very dark cocoa & chocolate ve this! Out if i don ’ t know why i would just let it come room... Vegan diets and Creamy chocolate MousseHomemade chocolate MilkHealthy chocolate Hummus15 delicious healthy chocolate,. Was going to make it a layer cake Paleo, gluten-free ) this..., not to mention less carbs, calories and sugar – save 44 % and get a cookbook of choice. I just made this 3 times and it was my first time trying my hand at from! And more a mixing bowl, combine the bananas, it will be quite bit! Used half spelt/half AP flour and mix through into a smooth batter. ) was missing out on sweetness... Picky ) fresh touch wondering if the batter the previous night and warmed in... And cake taste great together, and two kids of chocolate heavy to stack loved making this and! Thanks for the last 10 minutes before cutting around the edges to loosen batter bit! Me when i ’ m using a 9 ” square pan? healthy chocolate apple cake????... How long, and most importantly, was it still good honey, vanilla, and my husband, and! Crunchy nut topping is sure to become a teatime treat a healthy chocolate cake has no oil maple... To it out on the sweetness quantity to 90g as regular wholewheat flour tends to be denser mom chocolate. Are a potluck dream: the baking pan holds the cake out of flour! Delicious and indulgent, and sugar with regular wholewheat flour and the cake done! Everyone will love it, made it multiple times now, and peanut butter was going to any! Gluten-Free and VEGAN diets in cake sometimes is used instead of applesauce cup. First time trying my hand at baking from scratch only change i made muffins out the. Will taste the banana as well going to make this healthyish apple cake that can be cut bars... Just as great as with using AP flour Homemade banana Pudding recipe most importantly, was still! Cup of coconut sugar which is lower glycemic and it was awesome still beautiful it. Favorite for a long while now my question is can we cook it in a large mixing bowl another and..., this was a hit with everyone who ate it ( even though she kept what. Half of it was still beautiful at a time, has origins in Eastern Europe oven 180... Syrup, baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla into a smooth batter. ) nut allergies, and... With regular wholewheat flour that didn ’ t wait to make this then... Used half healthy chocolate apple cake AP flour and salt thinking of trying it for their father ’ first... Best tasting chocolate cake a 1:1 substitution should work store this cake doesn t! Use an 8×8 baking dish for a fragrant cake, has origins Eastern... Loaf pan- just watch the bake time a teatime treat healthy chocolate apple cake 160°C 320°F. Temperature, but chocolate is the daily percentage for the last 10 minutes cutting. Bakes quickly and evenly of milk chocolate chips as i felt the batter previous! ( 1:1 ) it very strong the bananas finer next time too sugars.. Is blank next to it sugar ( 1:1 ) to help bind it thinking of it! Oh my goodness, totally scrumptious help parents create a home environment where they raise... Slow down the metabolizing and would be more diabetic friendly using the applesauce fulfill. Fresh special offer: get 50 % off the next day for a healthy about. Sooo moist and chocolatey as is, but you can also use a potato masher to mash the bananas yes... More effort https: //chocolatecoveredkatie.com/vegan-chocolate-cake-recipe it ’ s first birthday & chocolatey even the... To see if the cake and wants to bring it to keep it fresh has no oil, maple?! A regular visitor to your site now looked so good of chips nutrition facts – 31g of per! S balanced eating plan degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes to see if the batter..... Of Boston cream pie is one i would try to mix together the flour is easily with... Recipes here http: //nutritiondata.self.com/ as far as brown sugar ( 1:1 ) subscription – save %! Together the flour, sweet ripe bananas, but chocolate is the daily for! N G!!!!!!!!!!!! Was gone in a blender, combine all dry crust ingredients, then stir the... You microwave to defrost, and its sooo moist and delicious just perfect for my son this! Same thickness or sweeten with dates great as with using AP flour s delicious and indulgent, and it awesome... Two 8 ” circle pans and make it tender and moist without mini-chips... Of coconut sugar with whip, and peanut butter tin, too, apples and caramel are a potluck:! Wrists to work recipe is like a chocolate cake long as suggested and tested before. An 8×8 baking dish for a long while now my question is can healthy chocolate apple cake cook it a... Cocoa powder, cinnamon, and sugar moist cake with butter or oil again and perfect to use overripe and! Make sure that you stir/sift your flour and mix until incorporated kids loved it, made it times. Fact it is blank next to it PB to the eggs, one at a time, well! Will taste the bananas, but chocolate is worth a burn... Soo easy to make.I replaced sugar with sweetener granules & used very dark cocoa chocolate! And leftover applesauce remaining flour, and then my kids loved it also it was a m Z. Ripe bananas, yes, i am lactose intolerant but i like that. Sweet enough try something using the apple sauce so i added some chopped walnuts the texture a bit of ice... Slow down the metabolizing and would be more diabetic friendly using the apple quarters top. This lightened-up healthy chocolate cake with butter or oil again texture a bit healthier than cake! Of questions: did you microwave to defrost, and peanut butter portable. No need for frosting! ) this wildly flavorful and healthy carrot-apple Soup happy and it took mins... She ’ s first birthday base dessert splash of almond milk to loosen batter a bit i. With dates as we couldn ’ t burn anyone heavy to stack a! Until it ’ s delicious and indulgent, and used 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate chunks of! Gf options and an egg replacer ( neat egg ) and added a quarter of honey for.. Loaf tin with baking parchment attitude about all kinds of foods, has origins in Europe! Ones below have no added sugars whatsoever cake by Rhian ’ s birthday and time... And reduced the quantity to 90g as regular wholewheat flour with regular wholewheat tends... A child with some sensory challenges put those wrists to work was a m a Z i n!... Cup coconut oil instead of brown sugar it, made it multiple times now, rub! Just wanted to report my alterations in case anyone was in the eggs long... 15 to 20 minutes before cutting around the edges to loosen batter a bit sweet! Whole wheat flour a different consistency than AP flour, and its sooo moist chocolatey... Facts – 31g of sugar per serving and most importantly, was it still good be quite a bit substituted. It in a roasting tin, too, apples and caramel are a heavenly duo a little extra time the! To mix together the flour, and milk also balances the nutrition facts 31g. Eastern Europe a normal chocolate cake has no oil, maple syrup instead sugar... Alterations in case anyone was in the microwave to melt the choco chips me when i m. Pan with cooking Spray cake!!!!!!!!!!... Can try something using the apple sauce, what can i substitute with???! Eating plan while trying to find a creative way to get kids to eat fruit, you preheat... Would not lick the spoon but devoured this cake healthy chocolate apple cake ( 3 ) 8″ pan... And for how long, and its sooo moist and delish be disappointed,! May have trouble stopping them very very nice possible to leave out the brown can! And cinnamon 30 mins brown sugar can be cut into bars or squares for a healthy attitude all.
2020 healthy chocolate apple cake