Destined to become your favorite chocolate chip … Gently press the remaining miniature chocolate chips into the tops. These Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Cookies will satisfy your sweet tooth & are kid approved too! . What a wonderful cookie recipe! I can’t wait to hear what you think of these Summer! These cookies are really chewy and packed full of melty chocolate chips! In fact, I’ve brought these cookies to many events, and people always question me on whether I’ve secretly bought them from a bakery or dessert shop- they are THAT good. Add the syrup/coconut oil mixture to the dry mixture, along with the vanilla extract and coconut milk, and mix very well. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). I generally prefer them on the thicker side. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. The soft and chewy texture which we ALL love in any good cookie. Tried these with unsweetened almond milk! Made these cookies last night and just used 5 Tbs honey. I highly recommend reheating individual cookies in the microwave for 6-8 seconds to remelt the chocolate. These healthy chocolate chip cookies are the kind of recipe that would convert ALL non-healthy eaters! Whether you prefer milk, dark or white, there are lots of treats inside for you! I made the cookies but noticed a bit of a bitter aftertaste. Thanks Ellie! Since the … Healthy Applesauce Cookies, Healthy Vegan Breakfast Cookies and Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are some healthy cookies recipes that I know you’ll like. Hi Jeff- it must be keto maple syrup. I use the 365 stevia from whole foods. These Healthier Coconut Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are a gluten free, refined sugar free, and loaded with better for you ingredients…all without sacrificing any flavor! In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well. This post may contain affiliate links. Apple sauce & egg whites for me. Hmmm that’s odd, most people find them too sweet- I can’t vouch for carob as I find it tasteless, but feel free to add salt! I’m a California girl who turned her baking hobby into a full-time job. Whisk together until combined. Bake at 350°F for 9-10 minutes. Every Halloween throughout my childhood, I inverted the entire contents of my bright … Read More, Copyright © 2020 Amys Healthy Baking | Web Design by Viva la Violet | Privacy Policy. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. They will keep for up to 5 days. If we leave out the arrowroot can we use eggs? If you want cookies that taste like standard bakery chocolate chip cookies, use refined coconut oil or a neutral oil like avocado oil or safflower oil. ), then I’d recommend using the ½ cup of pumpkin purée and increasing the egg white protein powder to ¾ to 1 cup instead. Now, through Amy's Healthy Baking, I teach beginner (and advanced!) . Having health issues, with limited foods to eat, you are helping me so much!!! I already have flourless keto chocolate chip cookies, but you can also adapt this recipe to be low carb too. Again, these cookies are eggless, so if they are a little undercooked, it’s no issue. I added 1/2tsp of Baking Powder, I added 4-6 tbs liquid sweetener (I used applesauce, because I don’t usually use honey), 1 1/2 – 1 3/4tsp stevia (I used the green herb), 4 egg whites (Which is DOUBLE, because otherwise it’s too dry), and I added coconut and pecans to half of them. While traditional cookie recipes often include ample amounts of butter and sugar, my recipes don’t, and that difference in the chemical composition will often lead to different results. Thanks for this recipe! ** You can replace this with agave nectar or to keep it keto, sugar free syrup. I used unsweetened almond milk in place of the coconut milk, and carob chips in place of the chocolate ones, but I don’t think using the original ingredients would have made such a huge difference. To compensate for the missing volume, we’ll mix almond milk into the dough to help keep the cookies moist. Currently have a batch in the oven as we speak at 175F at 15 mins and they don’t look anywhere near baked. Add the apple sauce and mix, and then add the eggs, one at a time, and mix. Start by combining your dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Hi Sue! I haven’t worked with egg white protein powder, so I don’t know how that will affect the taste and texture of the cookies. If you refrigerate the dough for 48+ hours for most of my cookie recipes, it becomes really hard and won’t spread at all while baking, so the cookies’ texture will be different compared to if you follow my recipes exactly as written. or 1/3 of what it calls for using coconut flour? I made a big batch of these healthy chocolate chip cookies last night at around 10PM. I’m making some STAT! DO NOT overbake the cookies! No fancy mixers or kitchen gadgets needed to make these healthy chocolate cookies! *** Can substitute for any milk of choice. After standing in line at the Miami airport taxi stand for over an hour and finally collapsing into my hotel room around 2 am, that enormous chocolate chip cookie completely hit the spot—all 37 bites of it! Yes, you can omit the xanthan gum. But not just any cookies—those jumbo-sized ones practically bigger than my hand! , Your email address will not be published. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. I’ve shared a fair few on here too, like my vegan ones and keto ones. They’re low-carb, {almost} sugar-free, gluten-free, and clean-eating friendly. A carrot dangling at the end of the stick. Does that make sense? No butter, no white flour, no sugar and no eggs needed- These paleo and vegan cookies can easily be made keto too! bakers how to make healthy + yummy treats! This past weekend while out on a long run, my thoughts began wandering to make the miles pass by a little faster. Would I use more or less than the total amount of stevia listed? I’d love to hear what you think if you try these cookies Asha! In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the rolled oats, oat flour, almond flour, shredded Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4, and line a baking tray with parchment paper, or a silicone mat. These healthy choc chip cookies need no white flour, no eggs, no sugar, and no grains, but they still taste fantastic. Let the cookie dough rest for 10 minutes. This article was medically reviewed by Samantha Cassetty, MS, RD, nutrition and wellness expert with a private practice based in New York City. Add in the coconut flour mixture, stirring until just incorporated. Why are there 3 differet types of stevia? I think some sea salt would have made all the difference. Ok, so if you have been following me for a while you may know. Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
2020 healthy coconut chocolate chip cookies