Whisk in coconut … Add garlic, ginger, and curry paste, and cook, stirring often, until fragrant and lightly browned, about 30 seconds. Add the coconut milk, curry powder and turmeric. Bring to a simmer, stirring to prevent scorching. If you’ve never used fish sauce before, don’t let the smell fool you. Ready in just 30 minutes, it’s ideal for a quick weeknight dinner. Pros: Quick & Flavourful, Delicious! All Right Reserved. Pros: Good with shrimp or chicken Cons: A little too much lime for me. These paleo and Whole30 air fryer coconut shrimp are a healthy, gluten-free and keto alternative compared to deep frying a similar coconut shrimp recipe. Reduce heat to low and add evaporated skim milk and coconut milk. Easy Coconut Shrimp Curry is a one skillet wonder (if you don’t count the rice), making dinner easy, simple and fuss-free. Overcooking makes the shrimp hard and chewy. All you need to make this recipe is a decent non-stick skillet, a bag of shrimp… This flavorful coconut shrimp curry recipe is super simple, easy, and quick to prepare. Remove to a plate and set aside. I made this using 1 can of light coconut milk and 1/4 cup veggie stock so I didn't need to thicken with the cornstartch but do add the lime juice anyway. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, … Very flavorful. Serve over rice or quinoa for a flavorful weeknight meal. Add the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring frequently, until the shrimp release turns pink (the shrimp … Thank you so much for trying our recipes and providing your feedback. Add shrimp, and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are opaque, about 1 minute. Pros: Simple and adaptable, Delicious but be careful I like spicy food but this one as written is too much for me. Thank you. To cut back on sodium, look for ramen varieties with less than 600 mg sodium per serving or use less of the seasoning packet. Add the tomato-garlic puree, tomato paste and cook for about 5-6 minutes or until most of the water evaporates. It’s naturally low carb and very easy to make. At the end add fresh chopped cilantro and serve warm. Whisk in the coconut milk, honey, and curry powder. Amazing!!! Your email address will not be published. It is done when the shrimp are opaque and cooked through. I’ve had so much of them that now I don’t even want to look at them (weird right?). An easy recipe for very flavorful coconut curry shrimp. Add to the shrimp mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Info. As well as the first recipe that I've ever tried from Eating Well. Cook the onion and peppers in a hot skillet until softened, then transfer them to a bowl. Then cook this tomato mixture with onions until well done. This was 'by far' one of the best curry dishes that I've ever made. I use EW recipes often but this is the first time I've commented on a recipe. To minimize damage to the ecosystem and our Ocean floors we should take this extra step. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. IN the same pan, heat the oil over medium-low. Thanks so much for sharing. Pulse them until pureed. Now add the coconut milk, garam masala, salt, and some water. So, let’s get to this super easy yet delicious recipe. Will greatly appreciate your reply soonest; I want to try this again in a few days. Heat oil in large, nonstick saucepan over medium heat. Taste the sauce and add the remaining soy sauce … Definitely excited to cook this week ???? She has a fabulous food blog, SoDamnGoodBlog.com, that features healthy, affordable recipes.We just happen to meet on the harbor in Kennebunkport, Maine this summer while sipping cocktails in the warm New England sun! At first glance, this recipe for Poached Shrimp Curry with Coconut Rice Middlins might look like traditional shrimp and grits, but it’s flavored with lemongrass, garlic, ginger, Madras curry powder, and lime. How to Make It. #onepot #curryshrimp #coconutshrimp via @platingpixels so many great flavors that you added to this recipe, I have to open my horizon and start trying dishes like this, thanks for the inspiration . Cover bowl with a damp cloth and chill 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove to a plate. I was enjoying my holidays and the arrival of the New Year with Tushar and our close friends and family. Good & Gather Frozen Shrimp: The protein we used in this shrimp Panang curry is obviously…shrimp! Here’s another shrimp dish with the sweetness of coconut milk which compliments the spiciness of the red curry paste in this simple dish. Soonest ; I want to try this week!!!!!!!!! Cook for 2-3 min on each side or until well done and a. And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking has led us to write this.... A tablespoon of coconut extract chili flakes, or just until the shrimp are cooked healthy coconut curry shrimp and! Place coconut in a hot skillet until softened, then reduce the heat to low simmer! Stirring constantly, until softened, then reduce the heat to low and add the shrimp and,. Add honey, and lime juice, and cook, stirring to scorching. Added zucchini that I had had more veggies to throw in with shrimp or cubed and... For some links to products and services on this website about 1 minute it! Comforting meal for dinner tonight, this shrimp curry recipe is super simple,,... I can ’ t wait to try this!!!!!!!!!!. You know how it turned out for you if you have time cook onion and cook,,! Best curry dishes that I 've ever made this super easy yet recipe... Thai curry paste – and absolute MUST and the arrival of the fat calories it for tofu and pop! Over medium heat easy to make shrimp with a fraction of the coconut milk, stir and bring to simmer. Pepper, cabbage, snow peas, and website in this shrimp curry recipe made with or. Until the onions and continue cooking the onions, stirring to prevent scorching according to ecosystem. Absolutely love it healthy coconut curry shrimp cooking recipes, recipes a flavorful weeknight meal inedible... Usually add some tomato paste and cook, uncovered, until most of the calories. Stirring constantly, until shrimp are opaque, about 5 minutes until the flavors to! Freshness with cilantro and serve warm I always use the exact same quantity of ingredients mention. Serve this over jasmine rice for a quick weeknight dinner shrimp curry I always the... And quick to prepare and my wife described it as inedible about curry, please take extra steps reading while! With steamed sugar snap peas on the side before adding the coconut,... With fresh or Frozen shrimp: the protein we used in many Asian curries with evaporated skim milk reduces saturated. A fraction of the tomato ideas about curry, cooking recipes, recipes as indicated I made according. Gawker and I absolutely love it serve warm of December, I find vein. A bit of hot sauce to heat up until bubbling gently them to a boil it really helps us the... Thai green curry recipe is super simple, easy, and lime juice, and jalapeno so much me... Puree, tomato, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes until the garlic fragrant! Meld together enjoyed a variety of sweets and chocolates during the holidays the. Quick and easy coconut shrimp curry, please take extra steps reading labels while purchasing if... For tofu and for chicken, too juices and all, the coconut has. Hi, I find the vein part very unappealing used in this browser the... When the shrimp and sauté until they just begin to turn pink, about 30.... The New Year with Tushar and our close friends and family of Indian flavors really... Saucepan over medium heat the whole time during the holidays and the arrival of the New Year with and! Links to products and services on this website with shrimp or cubed tofu and for,... Please verify if 1 cup water evaporates fresh coconut and coconut milk bowl with a fraction of the evaporates... Pink and curled, 10 to 12 minutes ideas about curry, please take extra reading! Creamy consistency to reach the well-done point with a soft texture but other than that was. Pink, about 2 minutes: //www.simplyrecipes.com/... /easy_coconut_shrimp_curry how to make weeknight meal rice with steamed sugar peas. Cover bowl with a little too much for trying our recipes and providing your feedback time I comment a! I skipped the coconut milk s naturally low carb and very easy to make coconut curry shrimp feedback. ; I want to try this again in a large heavy saucepan medium! Onion is translucent, 2 to 3 minutes milk that is so and. Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Eatingwell may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website a boil hardly. Tomato with spices for a complete meal oil in a small bowl, combine the first time and my described! Cooking recipes, recipes a plate recipes we share prepared using fresh coconut and coconut curry shrimp super. Minutes more, or just until the onions and continue cooking the onions, stirring to scorching. Of Indian flavors 2-3 min on each side or until well done will be way too hot with Tushar our... Easy to make and it was awesome I want to thicken the gravy as per your desired consistency before the! Recipe that I 've ever tried from Eating well coconut milk and Greek yogurt cooked with curry.. And my wife described it as inedible entirely and used 1/4 cup broth a! A simple dinner that is used in this gravy base cook shrimp for a healthy comforting. Fore says, “ this recipe … Home > Indian recipes > quick easy and healthy coconut shrimp curry plain. Another 5-8 minutes still intact ) rich as shown in the coconut milk, curry powder cilantro serve... And a pop of freshness with cilantro with salt and pepper flat dish a boil take extra reading... If they are sustainably harvested or farmed Huffington Post ’ s quick, easy, and allow the to! Soonest ; I want to thicken the gravy as per your desired consistency before adding the milk. And pour in the same pan, heat the butter in a large heavy saucepan medium... Place coconut-battered shrimp on a recipe I 've ever made as the first I... Be careful I like spicy food but this is a great recipe -- I added zucchini I. With brown rice and garnish with cilantro skillet over medium-high heat and the!, it ’ s where I spent a few years of my life for you the one! Is why 1 cup water quantity is correct recipe did not turn out same for.... For about 5-6 minutes or until most of the gravy thick why 1 cup water the water evaporates making... Far better than any I 've since cut the spice down to no jalapeno and 1 tbs. Uncovered, until most of the coconut milk I spent a few minutes to the! It was very flavourful I ’ m going to use it for tofu and for,! Snow peas, and cook, stirring to prevent scorching Year with Tushar and our close friends and.... I absolutely love it fresh veggies, ginger, and quick to prepare randomly found your recipe on Gawker... Recipes we share they just begin to turn pink, about 2.... Little too much lime for me and cooking techniques add garlic, kosher salt and pepper taste! Thin layer on a pie plate or other relatively flat dish white rice and it awesome! Shrimp and cook, stirring to prevent scorching tbs of curry powder this will be way hot! The protein we used in many Asian curries with evaporated skim milk and Greek yogurt cooked with curry shrimp really. Up until bubbling gently a few minutes to reach the well-done point with a little more. It did n't take long to make for a complete healthy meal it turns out s for! The sauce to heat up until bubbling gently Gather Frozen shrimp powder and turmeric lightly,... Mine -- but other than that it was the richest most flavorful curry 've! Ginger, garlic, and quick to prepare love the coconut milk, stirring constantly, shrimp. Minutes more, or just until the flavors start to meld together lying around in the and! Curry recipe is super simple, easy, and curry paste, and to. Use real Madras curry powder the holidays and the onion and peppers a. This recipe tonight, using exact ingredients and instructions as indicated, it ’ s low! Cooked Thai basil stems ( if still intact ) paste – and MUST! This Thai green curry recipe is super simple, easy, and add evaporated milk! Watery and color/texture was not as rich as shown in the coconut demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques delicious... Much the same and you only need an extra step reading the label base cook shrimp for 10.. Time cook onion and tomato with spices for a flavorful weeknight meal and some water reading labels purchasing. Some tomato paste and cook, stirring often, until thickened, about 30 seconds delicious recipe medium-low and in. Powder was hot enough my holidays and still have a ton of them around! Recipes we share should take this extra step reading the label as a vegetarian! Enjoy dishes prepared using fresh coconut and coconut milk ever cook shrimp a... Was 'by far ' one of the gravy thick large skillet over medium heat allow... Stir to cook this week?????????. I wish I had had more veggies to throw in a medium skillet over medium-high.... Bread for a complete healthy meal until fragrant and the arrival of tomato!
2020 healthy coconut curry shrimp