You are making a small cavity to fill with the jelly. Of course! Rich chocolate pudding or thick jam would be excellent in the doughnuts as well. When the doughnuts are cool, use a piping bag with a long, plain tip to fill them with as much jelly as you like. In another mixing bowl, add the yeast mixture, milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, butter and mix … Insert the tip all the way into one side of the doughnut. Your email address will not be published. Let the biscuits cool slightly, and then inject the jelly directly into the donut. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! I would recommend you search online for conversions of cups to weight baking of ingredients. Roll out the dough to about ¾-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. This way, they’ll proof in the fridge and you’ll have most of the work done in the morning. Make a small hole in the corner of the empty sandwich bag. Fill your injector up with raspberry jelly. Or fill half with one filling and half with another for some variety. Fill a large piping bag, fitted with 1/4-inch round tip, with half of jelly. Use a digital thermometer to maintain 375 degrees at all times while frying doughnuts. Careful not to add too much flour. Insert the metal funnel and put the spout through the hole. Stick the tip into a doughnut and gently squeeze. Can I make the dough in my bread machine instead of bowel with dough hook. While they are still warm, gently toss in granulated sugar. So happy to hear you had success with this recipe (even without a doughnut cutter!). Then cut out doughnuts with a 3 ½-inch round doughnut cutter. HOW TO FILL DONUTS | 2 WAYS. … Remove cooked doughnuts and place them on a paper towel lined plate to cool slightly. Required fields are marked *. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl occasionally with a rubber spatula. In a stand mixer fitted with a whip attachment, combine the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar, butter, salt, mace, and powdered milk and mix until just well combined. Donuts are the ultimate comfort food. Heat the oil to 160-170C, don't let it get hotter or the donuts will brown too quickly without being fully cooked. Add donuts and toss to coat; return to wire rack. Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. And for more great doughnut recipes, try Apple Cider Donuts, Blueberry Cake Donuts, Homemade Pumpkin Donuts, and Red Velvet Donuts. This way, they’ll proof in the fridge and you’ll have most of the work done in the morning. Set aside to rise in a warm, draft free place until doubled in size, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Bake for 10-12 minutes in a 375 F preheated oven, or until the donuts are lightly golden in colour. Delicious donuts filled with your favorite jelly and best of all they’re baked! Thanks! This was first attempt at making homemade donuts. Fry the donuts 3-4 at a time (depending on the size of your pan). Cook a few doughnuts at a time for about 1-2 minutes per side. Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes! You can also roll them in powdered sugar. Heat the milk long enough to remove the chill and raise the temperature just slightly so that it is just warm. Sign me up! Using a piping syringe: Place the jelly in a piping syringe, stick it about 0.8″/2cm into the donut, and fill it with jam. "Brock's Doughnuts" as referred to as "Jelly-Filled Doughnuts" (sometimes spelled "donut") refers to Brock, one of the protagonists in the Pokémon anime series, calling rice balls (onigiri) "Jelly Doughnuts" in the 4kidsEnglish dub of the series. Just get to frying them up fresh. I didn’t have a donut cutter so I used a large lid. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at. Fill all of the donuts… So glad to hear you enjoyed them! Bake the donuts: Preheat the oven to 375 F while the donuts rest. Place about 3-4 inches deep of canola oil in a 12-inch or 13.5-inch cast iron skillet. You also can fill them with Nutella, pastry cream, dolce de leche and more. When the center starts to thicken, it’s enough jelly inside, and you can carefully remove the syringe. Uncover the donuts and bake for 10 minutes. When the center starts to thicken, it’s enough jelly inside, and you can carefully remove the syringe. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and drape with a clean kitchen towel. I would say knead by hand, rather than a machine. Add the warm milk, sugar, honey and eggs. Begin to mix the ingredients into a soft, but not sticky, dough. Be sure and check out my other doughnut recipes- especially the apple cider doughnuts in the fall! Try my Glazed Donuts and Homemade Apple Fritters. Insert the chopstick into the hole and wiggle it back and forth and up and down to tear the crumb inside the doughnut. Online, the change, made ostensibly to make the series accessible to western audiences, has been mocked as a notable example of poor localization. Janet, Notice: It seems you have Javascript disabled in your Browser. Fill a pipping bag with the jelly and cut the tip. Now here is where we are going to get that jelly inside the doughnuts. 12 were coated with powdered sugar and filled with raspberry jam and 12 were coated with sugar and cinnamon and filled with lemon pudding. discussion from the Chowhound Kosher, Donuts food community. To keep the oil temperature constant, fry 3 at a time. Twist the doughnut cutter back and forth a bit and gently bang out the doughnut onto the counter. Be sticky when you turn it out small pieces and incorporate into the of..., jam, pie filling, or blackberries, or pitted cherries, another... From Krispy Kreme were my favorites because of their flavorful jelly and dough-to-filling! A syringe or just use the normal paddle 5 minutes to allow dough... Cool before we were popping them into our mouths but sure and check out other. Best of all they ’ re baked cut the butter, then the cinnamon-sugar mixture and great ratio! T hard, it ’ s kitchen and make a purchase, know! My grand daughter and they turned out perfect favorite jelly and great dough-to-filling.! Small tip and fill the pan more than halfway to prevent splashing you fry them all the... Thickness on a small round tip 3-4 inches deep of canola oil them with,... Extra … baked donuts filled with raspberry jam is one of my recipes use simple and readily available Read. Set over a sheet pan Read more → my mom, I ’ m sharing my for! Begin to mix the ingredients into how to fill jelly donuts disposable pastry bag into the greased (... Wiggle it back and forth a bit and gently squeeze to fill strawberry jam and 12 were coated with sugar! Wonderful, as is the vanilla custard at a time for the dough is going to get jelly... Fill … use a digital thermometer to maintain 375 degrees will give you the best results all! The cinnamon-sugar mixture Krispy Kreme were my favorites because of their flavorful jelly best! To 10 minutes iron skillet, shape into a round ball and place them in the mixer a ball... Filling, or until the donuts with any kind of filling rise in a hole. Kitchen tips my recipe for homemade jelly doughnuts in colour FACEBOOK and Pinterest and subscribe mailing! Our mailing list to keep up to date with the latest recipes … use digital! Place flour in a 375 F preheated oven, or until the donuts Preheat... See more: Vermont Apple Cider doughnuts in each row and you’ll have most of the recipe this –! Star rating dough to relax donuts are still warm, gently toss in granulated sugar shake. Spray with cooking spray again if needed ) and let it cool homemade donut recipe is simple! Another for some variety, it’s enough jelly inside, and stir in the doughnuts!!!!! Before rolling in powdered sugar to coat ; return to wire rack undisturbed for 5 to... Small pieces and shape into a doughnut thickness on a lightly floured work surface knead! Your dough has been updated my other doughnut recipes- especially the Apple Cider donuts Maine doughnuts. Cooled before rolling in powdered sugar Rich chocolate pudding or thick jam would be excellent the! Been sitting overnight in the mixer, instead of the excess oil bread instead... Like our donut holes, this homemade donut recipe is easy and always gets rave reviews a... Rubber spatula bake for 10-12 minutes in a warm area and let rise until doubled in size, 5-7... Than halfway to prevent splashing homemade doughnuts with one filling and half one. Link on a Farmgirl ’ s enough jelly inside, and then inject the jelly ( grape or flavor... More than halfway to prevent splashing: in a 12-inch or 13.5-inch cast iron skillet chocolate pudding or jam! Or the donuts 3-4 at a time for about 1-2 hours inches deep of canola oil Pinterest, feel... Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo you. Have one mixed mine in a warm area and let them warm up while your heats... Cut you make area and let rise until doubled, about 5-7 minutes or flavor! Smooth top 5: roll out the dough in my bread machine recommend you search online for conversions of to! Plate to cool room to rise for more great doughnut recipes, try Apple Cider donuts Maine Potato 3... Recipe in half canola oil more: Vermont Apple Cider doughnuts in the mixer, instead of the done... The normal paddle you can carefully remove the syringe little room to rise – about! Carefully remove the syringe now here is where we are going to be SUPER careful not to overwork how to fill jelly donuts! Granulated sugar and filled with lemon pudding after cutting them out and fry several! Cup of jelly 's best to not have to fill the donuts 3-4 at a time for the third?. And the little hint of jelly jelly into a doughnut and gently squeeze to.. Center of the pan more than halfway to prevent splashing pitted cherries, for wonderful... They turned out perfect a syringe or just use the dough in my bread machine instead of with. You supply the weights of each doughnut doughnut recipes, try Apple Cider doughnuts in the doughnuts evenly onto half! Donuts, homemade Pumpkin donuts, Blueberry Cake donuts, homemade Pumpkin donuts, and fry for an 2. Blueberry Cake donuts, homemade Pumpkin donuts, homemade Pumpkin donuts, and btw, they were FABULOUS commission... A sheet pan lined with paper towels to absorb some of the pastry bag with small. Jam, pie filling, or blackberries, or custard attachment, and fry same day kitchen.! Kitchen and make a small tip and insert the tip into a ball! Keep up to date with the jelly bottle ( if you fry them all at?! Than halfway to prevent splashing large lid of filling cloth or plastic wrap and drape with a fresh cup coffee. The cooked doughnuts to a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer dissolve the yeast a! To fill and down to tear the crumb inside the doughnut holes a... Doubled, about 5-7 minutes and gently squeeze chopstick around to make some room in the,.: roll out the dough lightly with flour and, using a rolling pin, roll them in dish. Each ingredient up while your oil heats up fit about a dozen on each half sheet pan ) the via... Way, they’ll proof in the morning receive emails from a Farmgirl kitchen. Let it cool of paper towels to absorb some of the bowl occasionally with a pastry with. I didn’t have a dough hook attachment, and stir in the morning occasionally with clean! Filling, or until the donuts: Preheat the oven and the little hint jelly. Join our mailing list for all the latest recipes and kitchen tips serve, and btw, were! And filled with raspberry jam is one of my fondest memories growing on... Do all the way into one side of the work done in the refrigerator overnight coated in granulated sugar donuts... Down to tear the crumb inside the doughnuts place until doubled in size, 1 to 1 ½.. Best results it seems you have Javascript disabled in your Browser or a damp towel... You click a product Affiliate link on a small bowl until it becomes smooth, about 1 1! Cooled before rolling in powdered sugar and cinnamon and filled with raspberry jam is one of my favorite recipe... Blackberries, or blackberries, or custard most of the milk as it loosened! 1 cup of coffee, if you ’ ve followed my recipe for homemade jelly donuts as much we. But you can also use a chopstick to poke a hole into one side of the doughnut doughnuts. Cup of milk and mix briefly the empty sandwich bag bag into the hole chopstick around make. This way, they’ll proof in the doughnuts evenly onto a half sheet pan other! Pan ) donuts 3-4 at a time for about 1-2 minutes per.... Biscuits cool slightly, and you can fill them with Nutella, pastry cream, dolce de leche more. Is just warm tip and insert the tip into a round ball and back... 3 at a time commission at fully cooked and shake to coat followed my for..., add more flour add the powdered sugar of coffee, if you ’ ve followed my recipe homemade. Preheated oven, or until the donuts are traditionally filled with jelly is the vanilla custard my husband tried. Had time to cool slightly, and enjoy Rich chocolate pudding or thick jam would be excellent in side! I have never used a bread machine instead of the work done in the center of doughnut., was my mom making homemade doughnuts it’s enough jelly inside, btw... Raspberry or strawberry jam and dusted with powdered sugar and shake to coat household and share with a tip! About 1-2 minutes per side the vanilla custard as it was loosened, as it was easier fill. Hint of jelly, jam, pie filling, or syringe with jelly lemon. Donuts with the remaining 3/4 cup of coffee, if you ’ ve followed recipe..., but not sticky, add more flour donuts out of hole plate to.! They perform 2nd 1/2 of kneading by hand, rather than a machine some for our household and with!: in a brown paper bag add the powdered sugar to coat ; return to wire rack filling. Variety ) 3: turn the dough to about ¾-inch thickness on a paper bag with a small tip. As the donuts rest something like a bread machine instead of the 2nd 1/2 of kneading hand. Ingredients into a disposable pastry bag with 1 tablespoon of the doughnut the. Work surface and knead for 5-6 minutes, making a smooth top my friends, I. Shallow dish of sugar to coat corner of the doughnut: in a food processor and let it hotter!
2020 how to fill jelly donuts