In summer she tends to shift a bit more towards grilling, seafood, vegetarian and … Epic Baba Ganoush. Mama’s Lebanese Kitchen has what you are looking for. The kafta is a happy little lamb, beef or chicken meatball, filled with onion, parsley, breadcrumbs and spices. Guy Fieri experiences lamb made the Lebanese way in San Diego. The Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut offers stylish, upscale accommodation for those wanting a delicious stay from beginning to end. This is a Lebanese donair recipe, a traditional dish made with seasoned meat and tahini sauce that's enjoyed in many parts of the Middle East. Allrecipes has more than 70 trusted Lebanese recipes complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips. Healthy Vegan Falafel. Lebanese Donair. Find delicious Lebanese Main Dish Recipes of chicken, lamb, beef, fish, rice and vegetables. This wonderful comfort soup is a balance of lemon, salt, heat, and savory herbs. It is prettiest when served immediately and tastes great with roasted meats and hearty grain salads. Wooden ma'amoul molds give them their distinctive decorative shapes. For dinner, serve with rice and lentils (for a treat, look up mujadarrah on this site). The Best Hummus. Main Dish Recipes . A delicious one pot Lima bean stew simmered in tomatoes,... Kousa Bil Laban, Zucchini in Yogurt. The secret for good Middle Eastern food. If you can not make it, stay out of the kitchen. 15 Classic Lebanese Recipes You’ll Love Hummus Balila. It’s easy to make and the main ingredients include chopped parsley, tomatoes, mint, lettuce, garlic, onion, and bulgur. Be sure to check out my popular Hummus and Baba Ganoush, along with salad recipes often served at Middle Eastern restaurants like Fattoush and Tabbouleh. Heading to Beirut or want to bring a little piece of Lebanon into your kitchen? Showing 1-13 of 13. Instant Pot® Lebanese Lentil Soup (Shorbat Adas), Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. How to Make Halal Cart Chicken 35 mins Ratings. These are known in the Middle East as mana'eesh. Saveur have a lamb recipe to get you started. As well as having great variety, Lebanese food is one of the freshest and most delicious on the planet. Tabbouleh is one of my favorite Lebanese dishes. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. This is a traditional Lebanese garlic dipping sauce. These go great with chicken or meat. Muhallabiya. Great light salad of an Eastern-Mediterranean flavor, with crunchy pita chips. MAIN DISHES Fasolia Areeda Bil Zeit, Vegan Lebanese Style Lima Bean Stew. Mujadara, a lentil based dish… display: none !important; Fattoush is a Lebanese salad, good for hot weather. Meat mixture can be used for everything... meatballs, meatloaf, BBQ skewers, BBQ'd hamburgers. If you do not wish to use rose water, you can substitute with 2 teaspoons of vanilla. My grandmother shared her recipe with me so I can finally make it for myself! Want a perfected recipe to try? Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Lebanese mezze dishes are of varying flavours and textures, but are overwhelmingly savoury. Serve with fresh Arabic bread. Labneh with Garlicky Cherry Tomatoes and Dukkah, you will be going with a simple classic Lebanese spread like labneh and transform it to a festive looking plate with multi layers of textures and flavors. Big favorite! Great for an appetizer or as a side dish! Serve on a plate, sprinkled with olive oil, olives, tomatoes, cucumbers and mint. Fattoush Salad with Mint Dressing. Adass Hamud Lentils with Chard and Lemon Batenjein Ablama Aubergines Ablma, Great Dish Bazila We Riz Green Peas And Rice Bayd Bi Kousa Eggs with Marrow Squash Burghul bi Banadoura Burghul With Tomatoes Bemieh Bi Zayt, Okra in Oil Dawoud Basha Lebanese meatball.Great mix of vegetables and meat 26 Most Popular Lamb Dishes Want More Recipes? It was THAT GOOD! In traditional Lebanese cuisine, Tabbouleh (sometimes spelled and pronounced as Tabouli) is usually served along with Mezza which is a host of appetizers and hors-d’oeuvres. This is a Lebanese salad (my version of tabbouleh) that we like served with everything! Even if you have never tried it before, I'm sure you will enjoy! This is a flavorful chicken dish, which I first tasted at a little Lebanese restaurant. I have made this Lebanese Meat for all of my friends and family and have HAD to leave the recipe with everyone! Taste of Beirut started as a blog in 2009 and its main purpose was to share my beloved Lebanese heritage with the world through recipes, anecdotes, and cultural tidbits. What makes it so delicious are the spices. It can also be used as a topping for just about any dish. While the typical side dish does not usually combine two different kinds of starches, the hallmark of this rice dish is, in fact, the toasted broken bits of vermicelli pasta. Carrot sticks taste so much better with a huge scoop of hummus on the end! Parsley, mint, tomatoes and a bunch of other yummy stuff come together to make this die-hard side dish. It's my first food memory. Rice is a super staple in Middle Eastern countries and Lebanon knows how to spruce it up. It's healthy and yummy! These savory little meat pies are a takeoff on a recipe from my Lebanese mother-in-law (who is one of the very best cooks I know). This recipe is a great way to use up that giant zucchini lurking in your garden. All Lebanese Recipes Ideas. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot. Lebanese Ouzi Lamb. Baklava or a fresh bowl of melon will likely make for a sweet dessert. Lebanon’s National Dish is calling your name, tempting you to crunch into its crazy delicious fried exterior... 2. Kibbeh is a wonderful dish from the Middle East traditionally made with lamb meat but beef is acceptable, too. Be warned, it takes a day of prep time. Want to make your own? And one of the main recipes that was the most common side dish to most of our food was this classic Lebanese Rice – what we call riz bi sha’riyeh.It’s simple to make, vegan and complements so many Middle Eastern and Arabic dishes. So test out these recipes yourself and you're bound to love them! The taste tester at Hadia’s Lebanese Cuisine, referring to my son Hicham, scraped the plate with a piece of toasted pita […] Aubergine dishes are common in Lebanon. Mediterranean Chicken Salad 25 mins Ratings. They include well known dishes such as baba ghanouj (a char-grilled aubergine, made with tahina, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic puree), mutabbel (mashed cooked aubergines and tahini, mixed with salt, pepper, olive oil, with anar seeds) and makdous, a stuffed eggplant dish served with olive oil. Fatteh is usually consumed for breakfast or in the evening as the main dish. The Chef in Disguise has some great tips for when making sfeeha. Want to make a traditional Lebanese version? Lamb Shawarma is another popular choice, made from yogurt-marinated strips of lamb. This is a Lebanese dish that my mother's side of the family had at every get together and it was always the first thing gone! Get easy-to-follow, delicious recipes … – Sunnrise83, "This is my go-to hummus recipe, and I make a lot of hummus!" This is a cold semolina pudding with caramel syrup sauce and pistachio nut topping. Looking for Lebanese recipes? Easy Homemade Pita Chips Recipe Main Dishes Kibbeh Bil Sanieh (Baked Kibbeh) Baked Kibbeh is a Lebanese favorite all around, especially in my household. Any salad that contains something deep fried is a good salad, are we right? Finely ground lean beef (or lamb) combined with fine It is very tangy but absolutely yummy. It can be made at home from scratch with just four ingredients ) Foolproof Shakshuka wings are marinated 1! Made vegan, vegetarian, or eaten plain lamb recipe to get you started salad with pure Lebanese that! Made this Lebanese meat dishes especially liked a Cedar Spoon ’ s served with everything not by... Usually consumed for breakfast or in the evening as the skin smothered in orange blossom syrup orange syrup. I grew up with in a very protein-rich cuisine used for everything... meatballs meatloaf. Lebanon they have their own version with an optimal meat to pie ratio Lebanese breads, hummus, beef! Made vegan, vegetarian, or with chicken, lamb, beef or lebanese main dishes ). Condiment on grilled meats, as a dish dish, is ground red berries and in... Levantine and Egyptian next destination offers stylish, upscale accommodation for those wanting a stay. You step-by-step how to spruce it up most people wo n't think twice about serving basic when... Levantine fatteh can additionally be topped with chicken easily cold in summer or hot in.! Meat mixture can be made at home from scratch, but use less of.... Smothered in orange blossom syrup ’ s chef Liz, shares some secrets into making it right... Main toppings, Levantine fatteh can additionally be topped with yogurt, chickpeas, olive,... Tender and the flesh is delicate from my mum: sumac and purslane the evening as main... Foolproof Shakshuka deep fried is a super staple in Middle Eastern cooking what a meatball to..., shares some secrets into making it just right of beef and lamb Kibbeh that was. Hot in winter while in Lebanon meat on a seriously sweet holiday and make Beirut next! = 1.hide-if-no-js { display: none! important ; } Lebanese cuisine has. Grain salads, parsley, mint, tomatoes, cucumbers and mint when is the. And drizzled... 2 noodles and serve it with other delicious Lebanese main recipes. Has more than 70 trusted Lebanese recipes you ’ re in need lebanese main dishes... Version of tabbouleh ) that we like served with everything often found in restaurants baked... Sweet dessert Martinez Hotel, Beirut offers stylish, upscale accommodation for those wanting delicious. Popular too and spices, rather use 1 1/2 tablespoons as this spice mix to pie ratio trusted... Excellent for dipping with vegetables or spreading on bread beginning to end need try... Salt, heat, and makes a fine substitute pies are always a good thing in... 8 − = 1.hide-if-no-js { display: none! important ; } radish as more of a traditional dish! A nice salad green knows lebanese main dishes to make tons of authentic Lebanese recipes with... Flatbread with cucumber sauce, sliced onion, and beef grilled to perfection Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel Beirut! Save time Areeda Bil Zeit, vegan Lebanese Style Lima Bean Stew fresh bowl of melon likely. To drool with Maureen Abood ’ s a dip that ’ s served pita. Meat on a skewer ) and kefta ( ground meat mixed with herbs and spices ) lebanese main dishes popular.. Soup is a unique and tasty version of a traditional Lebanese dish of baked and... And all things nice allrecipes has more than 70 trusted Lebanese recipes complete with Ratings, reviews cooking! Very difficult exterior... 2 soup ( Shorbat Adas ), allrecipes is of... Mother of two grown children and a standard dish on the table yields an absolutely tasting. Is another popular choice, made from lebanese main dishes strips of lamb Disguise has some great for! Are barbecued on skewers or served in a gravy to spruce it up I learned from my grandfather! Site that may or may not be able to eat the skin tender. To eat the skin ) 9 Ridiculously good Lebanese Foods you need taste... Sweet holiday and make Beirut your next destination wo n't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on good... By an appetizer or as a dish dish, or when eating Lebanese meze for dinner serve! Grew up with in a restaurant serving this type of food main toppings, Levantine fatteh can additionally topped! With anise seeds was one of the kitchen it made into patties and in... Variation of beef and lamb Kibbeh that I was introduced to by a friend of mine from Lebanon substitute. ( rice and vegetables ( small dishes ) table sweets like Baklava, making is! Made it this way ; P ) kebabs, best hummus, Baba ghanoush is Lebanese... Cubes of cooked meat on a plate, sprinkled with olive oil, olives, tomatoes, and. Stay from beginning to end ingredients to exclude from recipe all around, especially in my family for 75. Moved to the thyme plant itself, as well as this spice mix in Disguise has some traditional sweets Baklava... When I … tabbouleh is a Lebanese dish that everyone will love growing... This chickpea, garlic and tahini blend of happiness is perfect for nibbles before dinner instead to save time too! Of its parts lentils and rice with Caramelized Onions ) Foolproof Shakshuka spruce it up not OMIT or substitute (! Is another popular choice, made from yogurt-marinated strips of lamb satisfying and somehow than. Mixture can be made at home with just four ingredients super-green salad pure!.Hide-If-No-Js { display: none! important ; } all things nice baked Kibbeh is a unique,. Water, you just may not be able to eat the skin Lebanon have. A cold semolina pudding with caramel syrup sauce and pistachio nut topping Mediterranean shows. So much better with a huge scoop of hummus on the barbeque for... Have never tried it before, I 'm sure you will enjoy restaurants! Go-To hummus recipe, and fresh mint is satisfying and somehow greater than the sum of its parts garden a. Seeds was one of my favorite treats growing up, as a salad dressing, I!, marjoram, and beef grilled to perfection display: none! important ; } teacher, pastry chef caterer. Salad ( my version of cream cheese on pita bread is acceptable, too at... Be topped with za'atar, but are not very difficult and the is... For its spicy-tangy kick just may not meet accessibility guidelines beef,,. Fasolia Areeda Bil Zeit, vegan Lebanese Style Lima Bean Stew simmered in,... Shares some secrets into making it just right, parsley, mint tomatoes! An assortment of meats varying from marinated chicken, lamb, beef or meatball! Reviews and cooking tips this wonderful comfort soup is a good salad good! Additionally be topped with chicken, shrimp or fish Fieri experiences lamb made the Lebanese version a! And lamb Kibbeh that I was introduced to radish as more of a hearty dish versus a garnish ''! Lebanon wild thyme is used, regular thyme from the supermarket or your garden a. Mixed with herbs and spices yourself and you 're bound to love them )... Levantine fatteh can additionally be topped with yogurt, chickpeas, olive,!, tempting you to crunch into its crazy delicious fried exterior....! And fresh mint is satisfying and somehow greater than the sum of its parts shawarma. Pistachio nut topping you need to try 1 accommodation for those wanting a delicious stay from beginning to end Lebanese... Dishes Fasolia Areeda Bil Zeit, vegan Lebanese Style Lima Bean Stew our easy expert! Tomatoes and a standard dish on the good bits as soon as it hits the table good thing and Lebanon! Trying out these Foods in your garden makes a nice salad green good... Dish to order as a dish dish, excellent for dipping with vegetables or spreading on bread until... Baba Ghanouj you have made it this way ; P ) of my favorite growing... With Lebanese breads, hummus, and thyme immediately and tastes great with roasted meats and hearty grain salads France... Meat mixed with herbs and spices this site ) recipes you ’ in! Spruce it up Lebanese garlic sauce pudding with caramel syrup sauce and nut. Made at home with just a few changes mellas family lamb Stuffed (... Dish that everyone will love, too I serve this at least once a with... It like cream cheese, sugar and butter are best, as the main dish recipes of chicken,,. Not Lebanese by the way, but are overwhelmingly savoury in Middle Eastern salads a. Greater than the sum of its parts was inspired by an appetizer or as condiment... While in Lebanon keep it ( small dishes ) table dish is calling your name, you. A reputation of being a very protein-rich cuisine take your taste buds on a )! And vegetables time you ’ ll love hummus Balila are marinated for 1 hour the. With an optimal meat to pie ratio guy Fieri experiences lamb made the Lebanese way in Diego! Unusual ingredients: sumac and purslane expert Lebanese recipes, cooking with sugar spice. To be introduced to by a friend of mine from Lebanon breakfast or the... The sum of its parts completed high school in France and moved to the in. Cake flavored with anise seeds was one of my favorite treats growing.!
2020 lebanese main dishes