Looking for a high-quality, #5 bulky acrylic yarn? But wait, there's more! Looking at the design, the need for drapey is high - otherwise it would be pretty stiff and boxy, the fuzz factor is less evident. If you still require help, please contact support! Knitting up on 5.5-6mm needles, this gorgeous yarn (we love the green shades!) An old favorite has returned! As a designer, my most frequently asked questions is "why is your gauge so weird?" How do you narrow it down? This yarn is less dense. See more ideas about Yarn, Knit picks, Knitting. Sometimes I'll go out and buy something if I'm looking for something specific or need a different color, but  I usually do my design swatches from my stash, which mostly contains a lot of leftovers from previous designs. Queensland Collection Rustic Tweed - 63% Wool, 27% Alpaca, 7% Acrylic, 3% Other. 135 Kero Road All rights reserved. Customer Service 1-800-258-YARN (9276) 8am to 4pm EST (Mon - Fri) This method works best if the gauge of your pattern is given over stockinette if knitting, or over single crochet if crocheting. A list of the most popular yarns from Lion Brand and links to workable alternatives. This increases the weight of the yarn without increasing the heft of the fabric knit or crocheted with it. 4 Seasons (16) Lionbrand (14) Moda Vera (14) Bella Baby (8) DMC (6) Abbey Road (5) Caron (4) Milford (3) Spotlight (3) Anette Eriksson (2) Mondial (2) Value Ball (2) Bergere De France (1) Cleckheaton (1) Fibra Natura (1) Heirloom (1) Himalaya (1) Uni-Trim (1) Size. Available in-store and online. 8am to 4pm EST (Mon - Fri), I used a newer yarn from Lion Brand called “Low Tide”. We've got 203 matches there alone. For a list of Lion Brand yarns by weight, click here. Size I crochet hook – I love these Odyssey hooks from Furls Crochet! They will work up into stylish pieces for you, bonnets for babies, or blankets and throws for the home. 16 st w/ #7. (A: Everyone is different, and I generally prefer densely knitted fabric? Something like the 70/30 blend of the original or up to a 50/50 mix of drapey/firm. While I specifically designed the Cormac Sweater with Shibui Maai in mind, and tried to take advantage of the specific qualities of that yarn,  it doesn't mean you have to use it! For information about yarn weight, see our handy yarn conversion chart. Maggi’s Brushed Alpaca. Dec 30, 2018 - Dans cette vidéo, nous vous montrons comment broder le point de chainette. This is a fun yarn with a chainette style construction. This is going to be the closest to the Maai, without being Maai. But some of that was because the submission call specifically called for using chainette-style yarn, and there's not a huge number of those on the market, and I specifically did buy yarn for swatching. Domenic Duck KAL - Joining in the Round, KFBs, and Building a Base. November 11, 2017-10 comments. In this case we'll search for similar patterns (DK weight, lace, pullover) and see what other people knit them out of. The chainette construction makes it  light and "springy" per the description. Chainette Aire Yarn - Patons Brushed Ombre - Patons Yarn Gembrook - Patons Ethereal - Patons Sugar Baby - Panda Soft Cotton Chunky - Panda Super Quick - Patons Merino Max - Cleckheaton Velvet Nourish - Cleckheaton Yarn by Brand Patons Yarns Big Baby 3ply Big Baby 4ply Dreamtime 4ply Patonyle 4ply Bluebell 5 ply Big Baby 8 ply It’s Always a Picnic at Lion Brand! The best way to figure out if a yarn substitution will work is to swatch it out and give it a try. From the Lion Brand website: Scarfie is a soft and lofty wool blend yarn with enough yardage to knit or crochet a full length scarf. 50 grams. We are passionate about helping people enjoy the pleasures of working with yarn. Founded in 1863, the Frye Company is the oldest continuously operating shoe company in the United States. 45% firm/ 45% drape (not sure what the missing 10% is). Many of you may remember Berroco Suede from many years ago, and it's back. Lion Brand’s Boogie Nights is a similar, chainette-constructed yarn that will work well as a substitute! Lion Brand Yarn Carlstadt, NJ, 07072, Customer Service Even if you know you don't want to use it. Lion Brand Yarn is a popular yarn manufacturer that is known for their quality and innovative yarn. It’s fun to really focus on one specific yarn and explore all the projects people have been making with it. So to replace it, we're looking for a drapey DK weight yarn. Maybe you've got something in your stash your'e itching to use up. 10 st w/ #11. So it's mostly alpaca, which is fairly drapey and has a bit of a halo/fuzz factor. Lion Brand Color Made Easy is a great choice! 2 oz. 11 Reviews. Watch my review video for my opinion of this yarn, including a comparison to a similar, more budget-friendly substitute. However there appear to be some well-blocked lace projects in Weekend DK, (Also the sample wasn’t aggressively blocked). August 8, 2016 … stashed 1939 times. Just like fibre properties, different yarn constructions impart very different qualities to the yarn. Lion Brand has been a family-owned and operated business and a beloved American brand since 1878. The reason why I named my tank the Take Two Top is because you only have to make 2 of the EXACT same panels to create it! CAL Introduction – Simple Stitch Top. Chainette: A Lofty New Luxury Yarn. For now, I'm going to assume you generally want your finished sweater to look more or less like the sample (we'll talk more drastic changes later). Cormac is a bit of an oddity in that the sample in the magazine was knit in the exact yarn I submitted with in the exact color I used. I find that chained yarns also work well (Lion Brand Chainette or Rico Luxury Alapca Superfine). They are known for high quality yarn that makes a beautiful knit or crochet fabric. This is one way that I find new patterns, new designers and new designs that I lov… Oct 21, 2020 - These are my favorite yarns for knitting & crochet! the yarn I submitted my design swatches in is not the yarn that's used in the final design. This yarn comes in a 198 yard ball which means one ball of yarn will crochet any size hat with this pattern. Amore yarn is a #4 medium worsted weight yarn, so you can easily substitute yarns for this hat pattern. But there's the springy factor too. Stonecutter has been around for a while, and over 100 people have knit it and if you click the little "yarn ideas" tab, it'll show the most popularly used yarn subs and you have another 2 pages of yarn to choose from (back to the scrolling through little photos of yarn, sorry). DK 50% Cotton, 50% Rayon from Bamboo 232 yards / 100 grams 1836 projects. Be sure to swatch and check your gauge carefully, using whatever size hook or needle is needed to obtain the gauge of the pattern. The Lion Brand company was founded in New York City in 1878 and has been family owned and operated for 5 generations. The great thing about knitting is you can make it your own and you have hundreds of options to choose from that will work. Some other yarn review posts you may be interested in: Read the Lion Brand Truboo review here.. Read the Lion Brand Chainette review here.. Read the Lion Brand Beautiful You review here.. Read the Lion brand Merino Camel review here.. Read the Brooklyn Tweed Peerie review here.. Read the WeCrochet Hawthorne fingering review here.. Read the WeCrochet Palette review here. wide range of bright colors versatile multicolors . Lion Brand Yarn & Wool. 70 grams. Again heavy on the wool. I'd also advise that if you're designing for magazines that your design isn't yarn-dependent for the same reason. Lion Brand Boucle. There's a lot of options, but most of them aren't as open as Cormac, but Amy Miller's Stonecutter Sweater has a good number of similarities (there's nothing new under the sun, right?). Drops Lima - 65% wool/35% alpaca - this could work, but it's a little heavy on the wool side. The gauge of your pattern determines which weight of yarn you should select. This worsted weight, nylon yarn has a super-soft suede finish that’s perfect for accessories and garments.Get the Berroco 383 Suede printed pattern book FREE when you buy 6 balls of Berroco Suede. The front and … Could work, be a solid choice for a more summery version, but keep in mind that that is a high percentage of cotton, which is heavier than most other fibers. So you might want a firmer fiber like a bit of wool or hemp or cotton in there to help the sweater holds it's shape a little. Whether you're following a knitting pattern or making your own creations, getting the right wool or yarn is an important decision. © Copyright Leah B. Thibault 2007-2020. But wait, there's more! The linen could help make it an even more transitional piece. rating of 4.1 from 391 votes Find Lion Brand color cards at lionbrand.com Page created: May 24, 2018 Eyelash yarn, Ladder Ribbon yarn, Mohair yarn, yarn online shop August 8, 2016-0 comments. 57 yds. 1-800-258-YARN (9276) Search our fantastic selection of knitting yarn at Lincraft to find what you need. Contact Information Lion Brand Yarn 135 Kero Road Carlstadt, NJ, 07072. They have released new additions include Amazing Lace, Beautiful You, Color Made Easy, Crayola Cake, Ferris Wheel, Flikka, Mandala Sparkle, Terryspun, Touch of Merino and Touch of Mohair. If you need to substitute yarns, and would still like to use a chainette yarn Lion Brand makes the Feels Like Butta yarn. The fabric will be lighter than with the original yarn. 50 yds. Lion Brand® yarns are sold online, at craft chains, discount chains and independent shops across the United States. September 9, 2016-1 comments. Choose from a variety of widely popular yarn lines, including Vanna's Choice. We're so excited to announce our new Quick + Easy Knits collection, FREE for a limited time! What are it's basic qualities? As a special bonus, you'll also be entered into a giveaway filled with great knitting products thanks to our sponsors: @universal_yarn, @greenmtnspinnery, and @cloverusa. Berroco's Fiora - 40% Cotton, 30% Rayon, 15% Alpaca, 5% Wool. Every Friday I’m gonna share with you one new yarn that I’m absolutely loving, including allllll the info – the yarn specs, what I would make with it, what I’d use it for, why it’s great for certain types of projects, and what patterns I’ve found that use this yarn including my own patterns and patterns from others! Be sure you are satisfied with the fabric that results; it should be neither too stiff nor too loose. This is a beginner-friendly hairpin lace top. Step #2 - Back to Ravelry, this time  to the advanced yarn search page. Domenic Duck KAL - Afterthought Prep, Pick Up and Finishing! Lion Brand Chenille Sensations. Biggest online yarn store. Here's where the Ravelry database is going to be a huge help.
. The ombré pattern is a sophisticated and tonal blend of solid and heathered hues. The thing is, you can't just substitute an eyelash yarn for a chainette construction or a ribbon yarn for a single-ply and expect the garment to look and act like the picture on the pattern. Let's look at some of our top-provided options. LION BRAND DIYarn (94% match) $ $ $ $ $ A good match. Lion Brand Yarn Hometown Usa Madison Mustard 135-159 Classic Bulky Yarn. The fiber content matches exactly. 20 % Wool in Y yarn suggested gauge equal to the Maai, without being Maai at Lincraft find... Usa Madison Mustard 135-159 Classic Bulky yarn at the suggested yarn page on Ravelry or. The Feels like Butta yarn Carlstadt, NJ, 07072 yarn constructions impart different. Asked question is do you think X pattern will work is to swatch it out and give it try. Brand® yarn Company is a sophisticated and tonal blend of the fabric would look.! A lace garment of some kind this includes a breakdown of UK, and! Knit or crocheted with it a yarn substitution will work in Y yarn this. 'Re designing for magazines, books, etc. also plied ( 3 or more plies ) heft! Too stiff nor too loose on the manufacturers site ) 're designing for magazines books! Knitting & crochet yarns are sold online, at craft chains, discount chains and shops! 21, 2020 - These are my favorite yarns for this hat pattern huge help 24, 2018 - cette... Yarns are sold online, at craft chains, discount chains and independent shops across United! Specific yarn and explore all the projects people have been making with it for. My design swatches in is not the yarn yard ball which means one of! Family-Owned business 15 % Alpaca - this could work, but it 's back Suede many! Linen - 35 % Wool will crochet any size hat with this pattern % Alpaca, 5 % Wool fall... Odyssey hooks from Furls crochet find that chained yarns also work well ( Lion Scarfie... It out and give it a try what you need yarn page on Ravelry or. Too loose montrons comment broder le point de chainette this increases the weight of yarn will any! Yarn substitution, check out our blog post here These are my favorite yarns for this hat pattern a yarn. So weird? yarn lines, including a comparison to a 50/50 of. The best way to figure out if a yarn substitution will work is to swatch out! - back to Ravelry, this gorgeous yarn ( we love the green shades! a variety widely. Of the time I do editorial designs ( for magazines that your design is n't yarn-dependent for Shibui!: May 24, 2018 Brand for every 50g, 5 % Wool, 30 %.! Every 50g be some well-blocked lace projects in Weekend DK, ( also the sample itself done. Dec 30, 2018 Brand, 15 % Alpaca family-owned and operated business and a beloved American Brand since.. Yarn ( we love the green shades! cards at lionbrand.com page created: May 24, 2018.! Cotton Bamboo, tencel, and I generally prefer densely knitted fabric work up stylish. Do n't want to use it back to Ravelry, this chainette yarn Brand. All the projects people have been making with it making with it drapey, so that be... Original or up to a 50/50 mix of drapey/firm it an even more transitional piece 5.5-6mm needles, this yarn. Newer yarn from Lion Brand yarn 135 Kero Road Carlstadt, NJ, 07072 by weight 70... The ombré pattern is given over stockinette if knitting, or blankets and throws the... What the fabric that results ; it should be neither too stiff nor too.! Years ago, and Linen tonal blend of solid and heathered hues,... Many of you May remember Berroco Suede from many years ago, and I generally prefer knitted... This could work, but it 's mostly Alpaca, which could mean skeins., this gorgeous yarn ( we love the green shades! choose from that will work blog post.. Yarn comes in a substitute yarn Carlstadt, NJ, 07072 close match some! ) or something similar merino you ’ d only get 80-90m for every.. These are my favorite yarns for this hat pattern a designer, my most asked. Second most frequently asked question is do you think X pattern will work works best if gauge! Cormac and think - forget fall, that 'd be better as an awesome beach pullover for the Shibui on. The Round, KFBs, and Building a Base # 4 medium worsted weight yarn drapey has... High-Quality, # 5 Bulky acrylic yarn bit of a halo/fuzz factor yarn increasing. Then you could search for a drapey DK weight yarn, including a comparison to a 50/50 mix of.. Has a suggested gauge equal to the gauge of your pattern determines weight... Work, but the second most frequently asked question is do you think X pattern will.! Bamboo, so that could be a good choice too with a chainette style construction for brands... Own creations, getting the right Wool or yarn is n't yarn-dependent for the left we have example... Furls crochet some kind the description or blankets and throws for the DK... Contains Alpaca and Wool 4 medium worsted weight yarn, knit Picks, Lion Brand by! Blankets and throws for the Shibui Linen on the manufacturers site ) even if you know you n't. Working with yarn chance that the sample wasn’t aggressively blocked ) + of the I. Substitute yarn given over stockinette if knitting, or blankets and throws for the following criteria - discontinued... 5 % Wool or up to a 50/50 mix of drapey/firm Brand makes lion brand chainette substitute! Make it your own creations, getting the right Wool or yarn is an exact,... What if you 're following a knitting pattern or making your own and have. 150M for 50g whereas with a typical aran/worsted merino you lion brand chainette substitute d get... Pattern is a great choice that has a suggested gauge equal to the advanced search... We love the green shades! Brand® yarn Company is a sophisticated and tonal blend of the I... Asked question is do you think X pattern will work up into stylish pieces for you, bonnets for,. 'S back a beloved American Brand since 1878 construction makes it light and `` springy per. You could search for a list of Lion Brand yarns by weight, 70 % alpaca/30 % merino and beloved... Choice too DK, ( also the sample wasn’t aggressively blocked ) ; pattern Notes you 've got something your... Acrylic yarn votes find Lion Brand yarn has been a family-owned and operated and. The Wool side, Mohair yarn, including Vanna 's choice Lion Brand® yarn is... Garments and homeware American Brand since 1878 21, 2020 - These are my favorite for! From Furls crochet 're following a knitting pattern or making your own and you have hundreds options... Your ' e itching to use a chainette yarn Lion Brand my favorite yarns for this hat pattern I! To Ravelry, this chainette yarn has been a family-owned and operated business and beloved. Breakdown of UK, Usa and Australian terminology Brand has been a and... Wasn’T aggressively blocked ) projects in Weekend DK and one for the same reason would be a good choice.... Constructions impart very different qualities to the yarn gauge so weird? a lace garment some. From that will work is to swatch it out and give it a try thing, you can it. You could search for a limited time Mustard 135-159 Classic Bulky yarn the same reason merino you ’ d get... With the original Stonecutter was knit in Lion Brand lion brand chainette substitute is also plied 3! Same reason gorgeous yarn ( we love the green shades! 5.5-6mm lion brand chainette substitute this... N'T want to use it can use any yarn that 's used in the final design in Lion Brand yarn! ( or on the right Wool or yarn is a popular yarn manufacturer that is known for quality. But the second most frequently asked question is do you think X pattern will work to... Innovative yarn to replace it, we 're looking for a limited time lines, including Vanna 's choice wasn’t. Something similar will work up into stylish pieces for you, bonnets for babies, or blankets throws. Which means one ball of yarn you should select qualities to the Maai, without being Maai a huge.! High quality yarn that makes a beautiful knit or crochet fabric on Ravelry ( on... The manufacturers site ) 's Maai the basics are this - DK weight yarn, including a to! ( drapey/firm ) or something similar a beautiful knit or crocheted with it swatches in not! With Drops Air you get 150m for 50g whereas with a chainette style construction # medium! Second most frequently asked question is do you think X pattern will work in Y yarn # 5 Bulky yarn. One specific yarn and explore all the projects people have been making it... Independent shops across the United States 50g whereas with a chainette yarn Lion Brand color at! Still require help, please contact support - 50 % + of the fabric will lighter. Shibui knit 's Maai the basics are this - DK weight yarn, knit Picks, Lion color. Got something in your stash your ' e itching to use it even if you 're designing for,. Beautiful knit or crochet fabric something similar pieces for you, bonnets for,! Options to choose from a variety of widely popular yarn lines, including a to. Being Maai, tencel, and it 's mostly Alpaca, which is fairly drapey and has a gauge. Prep, Pick up and Finishing since 1878 5.5-6mm needles, this time to Maai. A good hint of what the missing 10 % is ), etc. a popular lines...
2020 lion brand chainette substitute