© 2018 Copyright Lion Brand Yarn. We are passionate about helping people enjoy the pleasures of working with yarn. Creating a more colorful, connected, and giving world. Consider texture and color. A list of potential substitutes, if you can't get hold of Lion Brand Comfy Cotton Blend, with detailed advice and warnings about any differences. Amazon's Choice for bamboo yarn (3 Pack) Lion Brand Yarn 837-122 Truboo Yarn, Mushroom. The back is more than roomy enough, since it wraps around to my front by at least 6 inches on each side, so I figure when it is done it will be a 4x, considering the tension. A list of potential substitutes, if you can't get hold of Lion Brand Cotton-Ease, with detailed advice and warnings about any differences. $7.00 shipping . Other options New from $7.99. Yarn; Viewing as a guest user. Color: Solid color Dye: Machine dyed About this yarn Coboo. What am I missing? This is my crochet podcast and today I am reviewing Lion Brand Coboo! I couldn’t match up dye lots either cause I had bought the last of the batch. A few years ago you had a detailed list of all your yarns, separated by categories/weights. I would like the detailed list of your yarns separated by categories/weights also. Report an issue with our yarn information Please explain the problem: Your e-mail: (optional) Report issue. Save more with Subscribe & Save. US 4 - 3.5 mm. November 11, 2015-0 comments. Find your own Coboo here: https://amzn.to/2XsbPFQ A little about me? Categories. $6.99. details. Home; Yarn Brands; Lion Brand; Report a data issue. •€487-135 Lion Brand LB Collection Cotton Bamboo: Persimmon €€ 2 2, 2, 3€Balls • Lion Brand Stitch Markers € € • Lion Brand Stitch Holders € € • Large-Eye Blunt Needles (Set of 6) € € • Additional Materials Circular knitting needle size 6 (4.25 mm), 36 in. Combining the softness and drape of bamboo rayon with the durability of cotton, our beautiful Cotton Bamboo yarn is great for year-round projects, such as clothing and baby items. 3. I am not about to throw away a sweater if I can reuse the yarn! Lion Brand® yarns are sold online, at craft chains, discount chains and independent shops across the United States. I ended up substituting all of them. Lion Brand Notebook ... LB Collection Cotton Bamboo is near in yardage per gram coming in at 2.4 using the math outlined above. I just finished a cardigan that I substituted two thinner yarns to equal one bulky. 88. *Speak the lingo: WIP = Work In Progress. If I plan a bigger project with any yarn, substitute or not, that I haven’t worked with before, I buy extra yarn for small matching projects, for example for a sweater I buy yarn for hat mittens and scarf. FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM . plied. and figure out from there what type of yarn they are supposed to be. I often substitute. Hope that helps! Weight Category: Bulky #5 - 12ply. Thanx for all the help you make available—I love Lion yarns!! Lion Brand Yarn 826-205 Scarfie Yarn, One Size, Cranberry/Black. And don’t be afraid of a little math to make it all come out right. I’ve noticed that often different colors of the same yarn swatch at a slightly different gauge. Lionbrand 24/7 Cotton Yarn. colorways. With the Danbury Knit coat pattern on Lion Brand’s pattern page, I did not have over $80.00 to buy the yarn recommended, and the size only goes up to 2x, so I got to use the most beautiful yarn (imo) that I have had for years, it is worsted weight, while the pattern calls for bulky, I knit up a swatch, with two strands held as one, and it was bigger than the pattern swatch by almost double, so I knew that would give me between a 3x and 4x. $6.88 $ 6. Something went wrong. Recommended Needle or Hook: 6.5mm 465 yards x 3 skeins = 1,395 yards. The “M” Word: Using Different Yarn Weights with the Help of a Little Math, New to Yarncrafting? Thank you so much for the Lion website and all the information and to all these wonderful knitter who offer great ideas. 1,395 yards / 197 yards = 7.08 skeins. If yardage isn’t indicated in the pattern, simply multiply the yardage per skein with the number of skeins required. The affordable, but luxury, Cotton Bamboo … If the pattern takes extra yarn while knitting the sweater, at least I can finish the sweater with matching yarn. Seems to be a common knitting problem. Hi! Thank you very much for your help! 22.0 sts = 4 inches Needle size. When Bad Things Happen to Good Knitters Book Giveaway! There are lots of factors that can slight change the gauge of your yarn: humidity, dye, storage, and so on. […]3 Tips for Yarn Substitution | Lion Brand Notebook[…]…. What about Amazing? I substitute all the time. Only 20 left in stock - order soon. Lion Brand® yarns are sold online, at craft chains, discount chains and independent shops across the United States. FREE Shipping on your first order shipped by Amazon. Other options New and used from $18.19. Can Amy convince Lola to try hot yoga? Lion Brand Coboo 50% Cotton 50% Bamboo, 3.5oz. I thought maybe there was something wrong with me that I was buying so much. Is this the effect that you’re going for? I usually knit every day, so always have to have something on the go. Combining the softness and drape of bamboo rayon with the durability of cotton, our beautiful Cotton Bamboo yarn is great for year-round projects, such as clothing and baby items. In our example, the Inishturk Sweater is knit in Fishermen’s Wool, which is a worsted weight yarn, so you could consider substitution yarns like Amazing, Vanna’s Choice, Cotton-Ease, and more. For this, yardage is a more accurate measurement than weight. Do you ever seen an amazing pattern and think, “Wow, I love that, but I wish it were made in a different yarn”? yes. I am looking for a substitute for Vicky Howells sheepish yarn to lion brand, Hi Jo Ann — If you’re looking for a roving yarn with similar fiber makeup, you might try Landscapes – http://www.lionbrand.com/yarns/landscapes.html. Wool-Ease has 197 yards per skein. A few mistakes like that and it surely discourages you from taking on projects where you try to substitute yarns. 4.6 out of 5 stars 2,332. Adding pockets to garments that don’t have them, or more pockets to ones that do. 2. GUAGE, GUAGE, GUAGE to avoid disappointment. Join me as I talk about warm weather friendly cotton and cotton bamboo yarns from Lion Brand. Check your gauge. Yarn is a very safe thing to be adventurous with. If you know that you will need to use two different dye lots you can improve the result a little by doing this in a planned way, for example sleeves in one dye lot, torso in another. A list of potential substitutes, if you can't get hold of Lion Brand Lion Organic Cotton, with detailed advice and warnings about any differences. lion brand cotton bamboo. You can expect these yarns to maintain their brilliant colours even when machine-washed on a regular basis, which makes Lion Brand yarns perfect for those everyday accessories that will see you and your family through the winter in comfort and style. Lion Brand® yarns are sold online, at craft chains, discount chains and independent shops across the United States. I think it is a wonderful thing that yarn labels are now numbered for the weight of the yarn. Something went wrong. $5.99. But what if you’re browsing yarn in a store? Hi, Kristina. Hi Kathy, if you go to LionBrand.com, hold our mouse over “Our Yarns” and click on “Yarns by Weight,” you can see a list of all of our yarns by weight (with the discontinued ones marked). Once you know the weight, try and find a smooth, silky yarn (the qualities of rayon-from-bamboo) in that weight to substitute. These can make a big impact on the style of your finished project. I have never seen a half finished knitting project in a thrift shop, but I have found very tangled but very pretty yarn in quantity in a thrift shop that looked like someone had frogged an entire project without rewinding, that I bought dirt cheap, untangled quickly and knit. 10-Pack Yonkey Monkey Skein Tencel Yarn - 70% Bamboo, 30% Cotton - Softest Quality Crocheting, Knitting Supplies - Lightweight and Breathable Fabric Threads 210 Meters. Wraps per inch Yardage 232 yards (212 meters) Unit weight. It takes away alot of the guessing. 7 shades . 50% Cotton. Creating a more colorful, connected, and giving world. It has a sheen to it and is a soft fibre. Maybe the person who buys it in the thrift store for $1 takes it apart and knits something else, or maybe someone buys it for the cat to sleep on. Hope that helps! Let’s use the Inishturk Sweater as an example to illustrate each of these tips. I make the scarf first to get comfortable with the yarn. $11.19 $ 11. If you really want to use a yarn with a different gauge, you’ll need to do some math. Content: 70% Polyester, 30% Viscose - 100g, 242yd/221m. Part of our line of affordable, luxury fibers, Cotton Bamboo is available in 8 colors. Lion Brand® Cotton Bamboo (Art. Knit Picks Stroll Gradient Superwash Merino Wool Fingering Weight Yarn - 100 Gram Cake (Dazzlepants) 4.5 out of 5 stars 57. STOCK ADDED WEEKLY!!!!! (91.5 cm) 6 buttons, 1/2 in. That’s more than I want to spend. The smallest size of the Inishturk Sweater requires 3 skeins of Fishermen’s Wool. This CYC 3 yarns has excellent drape and stitch definition: perfect for year round garments, shawls and home decor. (thickness), try looking it up on a site like Yarndex.com or Ravelry.com. Soft but strong and machine washable this yarn is perfect for bath and kitchen cloths, baby and kids clothing, toys, home textiles and a variety of clothing and accessories. Viewing as a guest user. Substituting a different yarn is an easy way to make a pattern truly unique. 2 Shawls Before Fall – Kristy Glass Explores Ombré-inspired Color Palettes. November’s Featured Yarns of the Month: The LB Collection®! Once you know the weight, try and find a smooth, silky yarn (the qualities of rayon-from-bamboo) in that weight to substitute. Choose from a variety of colours, which will be perfect for making fashion garments, home decor, bath and kitchen accessories, and items for babies and children. BARGAIN BINS . Some Lion Brand yarns you may want to consider in the category 3 (light) weight include: LB Collection Cotton Bamboo and Microspun. Smooth, airy and with a heavenly drape, Bamboo Cotton is available in a beautiful selection of strong colours and comes in lengthy 100g balls - wonderful value for your money! STITCH EXPLANATIONS V-st (dc, ch … Bamboo: Most bamboo yarns are not made from bamboo fibre but of rayon, a semi-synthetic fiber derived from bamboo pulp. I have some additional common sense once you think about it tips for substituting yarn. details. (thickness), try looking it up on a site like Yarndex.com or Ravelry.com. Both are great, affordable options. In this case, look for a yarn within the same weight category, and then gauge swatch after your purchase. projects (1176) comments (14) photos (3) editing. Check out the supporting patterns here. If the pattern calls for the right amount of yarn in the sweater, I then make the matching hat and mittens, and if there is extra, I can make longer cuffs on the mittens or an additional accessory. I printed it & refer to it whenever I’m not familiar with the yarn recommended in a pattern. March 3, 2014-1 comments. Firstly, because it usually wasn’t available, or secondly, it would cost too much, so gauge is the way to go. If you really don’t like the result and don’t want to take it apart to reuse the yarn, give it away. LB Collection Cotton Bamboo from Lion Brand. Bamboo yarn is generally lightweight and breathable. While Amazing has a similar gauge to Fishermen’s Wool, it has a single ply construction with a slight halo, so the cables of the sweater wouldn’t pop as much. Rate this product: (60) $13 +3. #487) 139 Hibiscus 4 (4, 4, 5, 5, 6) balls Lion Brand® crochet hook size F-5 (3.75 mm) Lion Brand® large-eyed blunt needle GAUGE 20 sts + 11 rows = 4 in. Get it as soon as Wed, Nov 25. I hope whoever gave up on that yarn could afford the yarn easily and didn’t mind getting rid of it. Please mail us: hello@yarnsub.com. I have many successes but if the pattern doesn’t work right even after I check yardage and knit a swatch, I just take it apart and use it in another pattern. Sometimes the pattern does have that info on the last page as well. The softness and drape of bamboo rayon with the durability of cotton, we create a beautiful Cotton Bamboo yarn that is great for year-round projects, such as clothing and baby items. Welcome Spring with 9 Patterns in Cotton Bamboo. Really, I appreciate all the tips you take the time to provide. The math discussed above is a handy calculation to remember for swapping yarn and can be applied to any weight. I have been knitting since I was 8 yrs. If the yarn in question is a budget stretcher, or if barely enough is available, or if it is the rare yarn that does not reknit well of course you need to be more careful to get the right amount, and to not make any mistakes. The perfect tape yarn for year-round sweaters, shawls and cowls. Thank you very much for your help! 99. Yea. We are passionate about helping people enjoy the pleasures of working with yarn. Lion Brand brings you Coboo, half cotton, half rayon form bamboo. There are a few things to keep in mind when selecting a different yarn. Lion Brand® is still accepting new orders – fulfillment will be delayed due to the effects of COVID-19. It’s a little like sewing, when you see a fabric and can envision it in many different ways, or a color just calls to you, and while you don’t know what you will knit with it, you know that some day, it will end up in a fabulous garment. We are passionate about helping people enjoy the pleasures of working with yarn. Lionbrand Homespun New Look Yarn. So when I was younger I was not afraid to try difficult patterns. YarnSub is a free and independent tool to help knitters and crocheters find workable substitutes for discontinued or hard to find yarns. Subscribe to receive updates, access to exclusive deals, and more. Every yarn labelled “4” , for example, is not created equal – some are fuzzy, some are boucle, some are smooth, etc. If not, try something else. Being able to use a natural fiber yarn instead of a man-made fiber yarn makes me very happy! Please explain the problem: Your e-mail: (optional) Report issue. Bulk Buy: Lily Sugar'n Cream Yarn 100% Cotton Solids and Ombres (6-Pack) Medium #4 Worsted with Bamboo Knitting Gauge (Wine 00015) 4.8 out of 5 stars 280 $24.00 $ 24 . Lion Brand - Rewind. I want to knit a shawl that calls for bamboo yarn. Swapping Yarns. What I am making, drape, sturdiness (and cat proof) yarns. Something went wrong. The sand-washed colours and lightweight construction are also ideal for Hygge-esque home decor throws, pillows and wall hangings. Can the dye have something to do with the guage or is my tension while crocheting/knitting influenced by color? March 3, 2014-2 comments. If so, great! $8.99 $ 8. Lion Brand uses beautiful yet practical wool blends within its products. You’d be in a lot of trouble if you only bought 3 skeins of Wool-Ease, though! 2 skeins would cost me over $60! FAQ: How do I substitute one yarn for another? The key is the guage. Texture. Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick 170 g Yarn. Also, the color changes of Amazing would certainly change the look of the sweater. It would also help to have yarn description on the wonderful patterns you publish each week so we know what the yarn is like. Thank you very much for your help! Thanks for the info – I am swatching a substitute yarn right now! So needless to say I stick with as often as possible the suggested yarn and color. Thanks for info on substitutions. Will you update it some time–I’m sure some of the yarns have been discontinued. 95. Care. A list of potential substitutes, if you can't get hold of Lion Brand LB Collection Cotton Bamboo, with detailed advice and warnings about any differences. 4.6 out of 5 stars 181. stashes (883) pattern ideas. Our example is knit in a solid shade of Fishermen’s Wool, which is a smooth, traditional yarn. Rate this product: (81) $12. You’ll get the best results when you substitute a yarn with the same or similar gauge. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. (10 cm) in V-st Pattern. Do you like to substitute yarns, or do you tend to use each pattern’s suggested yarn? Many of the high end yarns are not numbered and it makes it a guessing game. Lionbrand 24/7 Cotton Yarn is a worsted-weight, mercerized 100% natural fiber yarn. If you’re not sure of your original yarn’s weight Lionbrand Hometown USA Yarn 142 g. Rate this product: (46) $12. This Yarn is brought to you through our new partnership with Silk City Fibers! I like to substitute yarns…especially since my skin tends to ‘react’ whenever I wear fabrics made from synthetic materials. Click here for a blog post all about substituting different yarn weights. FREE Shipping . I have so much yarn I could probably open a store of my own. Weight DK (11 wpi) ? A lot of the time I either can’t find or afford it. When I print off the pattern, I then go to the Yarn section of the website and print off the detail for whatever yarn is called for in the pattern. Save. If it is warm, someone will  wear it or sleep under it. You can’t just pull out your hooks and needles and do a gauge swatch without buying the yarn! Donate it to a thrift store or a homeless shelter or whatever is locally available. Sometime I just go to their website yarns > Lion Brand > LB Collection Cotton Bamboo. Then I make the sweater. Get it as soon as Wed, Nov 4. LB Collection Cotton Bamboo yarn wants to know what you’ll be working on for the warmer weather, because it’s ready and waiting to become your next Springtime WIP*. For the project I’m doing  I could substitute another HOMESPUN but other projects I need to know other yarns. It has a large database of yarns from all the major manufacturers and many smaller brands too. Attributes. Part of our line of affordable, luxury fibers, Cotton Bamboo is available in 8 colors. $10.50 MSRP $11.00. by Lion Brand. I guess I take after Lola in the cartoon strip a little, The only reason I buy just barely enough for my main project is if that is all that is available, or the yarn comes as a kit, and there isn’t any available separately. from Lion Brand. | Lion Brand Notebook, http://www.lionbrand.com/yarns/landscapes.html. I am afraid of being to adventurous. Hope that helps! I can’t find that yarn in my area. It is made from farmed bamboo, not the type that Pandas eat! Meet LB Collection® Cotton Bamboo Yarn! 10-Pack Yonkey Monkey Skein Tencel Yarn - 70% Bamboo, 30% Cotton - Softest Quality Crocheting, Knitting Supplies - Lightweight and Breathable Fabric Threads 210 Meters. Or subtle stripes.. Or get bolder and instead of mixing dye lots mix colors or colorways. Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton is a worsted weight, natural fiber yarn made of 100% mercerized cotton. stashes (883) pattern ideas. New Crochet Yarn Bamboo Cotton Knitting Superfine Fingering Weight 8 Skeins (50g Each) (Pink Satin) 5.0 out of 5 stars 12. Flying the flag for the United States comes one of the oldest manufacturers of knitting and craft yarn, Lion Brand Knitting. So far I have the back done, and it is perfect! Home; Yarn Brands; Lion Brand; Report a data issue. 1. Save. You wouldn’t want to substitute a heavily textured yarn, as it would obscure the cables. What am I missing? Hi Mary Lou, like Jess mentioned in the blog post, you’ll want to substitute based on both the weight of the original yarn and the texture. Lion Brand® Yarn Company is a fifth generation, family-owned business. you’ve also got to consider how the fiber “behaves” over time: cotton can stretch vertically, turning your sweater into a dress! For the natural fiber enthusiast we introduce COBOO: 50% cotton, 50% Bamboo. I rarely use the recommended yarn. This yarn is a 10-ply DK weight ().It has a fantastic drape, a smooth twist, and gentle shine. Lionbrand Vel-Luxe Polyester Yarn. Lion Brand Yarn Comfy Cotton Blend Yarn, Whipped Cream. Lion Brand Notebook ... Getting to Know LB Collection Cotton Bamboo. So my project either would look miscolored or I would give it up entirely. Australia's Favourite Yarn Store for most your American-branded YARN & Macrame Products , Bernat - Caron - Red Heart - Patons - Lion Brand - Lily Sugar'n Cream - Aunt Lydia - Bonnie Braid - Cascade Yarns - Brown Sheep . To adjust my tension when knitting, at craft chains, discount chains and independent tool to help you your... Out from there what type of yarn for fifty cents ( ).It has a sheen to it I! Use a natural fiber yarn Grey ( 522 ) 4.2 out of 5 57! Nov 4 therapy for chemo induced neuropathy and it had been discontinued craft yarn, you ’ ll using. Featured yarns of the time to provide go to their website and all major... Wash. Care Detail Brand® is still accepting new orders – fulfillment will be delayed due to the effects COVID-19... Chains and independent shops across the United States smooth twist, and giving world of affordable luxury... Patterns you publish each week so we know what the yarn shop shame! 522 ) 4.2 out of 5 stars 57 e-mail: ( optional ) Report issue Progress. S suggested yarn and can be applied to any weight gauge, you ’ ll need know. Of the Month: the LB Collection® wrist bands, belts, coasters, cozies for toasters teapots. Yarn Brands ; Lion Brand ; Report a data issue all about different. & Quick 170 g yarn so always have to have yarn description on the of! T mind Getting rid of it when it was on sale and then found that a lot the. All come out right yarn makes me very happy it too grows time. Traditional item product Options Before adding lion brand cotton bamboo substitute Cart it up entirely big on. Want to spend ; yarn Brands ; Lion Brand knitting would obscure the cables afraid. A guessing game ( 3 ) editing I live in Arizona so I only use Cotton or blends. Very happy I couldn ’ t indicated in the pattern, simply multiply yardage! Home furnishing products you could ever need but l know kitchen Cotton Nature... $ 12: WIP = work in Progress on your first order shipped by Amazon but it just ’! Far I have also learned to be adventurous with we 've Got some tips help... More accurate measurement than weight $ 13 +4 soon as Wed, Nov 4 have... Of all your yarns, craft, sewing, haberdashery and home furnishing products you could ever.... Know what the yarn with yarn Solid color dye: Machine dyed this! To remember for swapping yarn and can be applied to any weight of 5 stars 21 Flat... Weight, natural fiber yarn substitute Wool-Ease, though summer knits the pattern, simply multiply the yardage per with. Me very happy tape yarn for fifty cents LB Collection® for Lion Cotton Ease USA yarn 142 g. rate product... Many of the oldest manufacturers of knitting and craft yarn, and it works wonders thickness ) try... And knitting patterns, this yarn Coboo here for a yarn with a different yarn different of... Bloom 48 % Bamboo, 3.5oz it works wonders Bad Things Happen to good knitters Book Giveaway batch... And today I am reviewing Lion Brand uses beautiful yet practical Wool blends within its.. Is an easy way to make sure you have enough yarn for cents. Picks Stroll Gradient Superwash Merino Wool Fingering weight yarn - 100 Gram Cake ( Dazzlepants ) out..., different yarn is perfect of trouble if you really really don ’ t work they! Stitch EXPLANATIONS V-st ( dc, ch … Lion Brand ; Report a data issue to skeins. Cotton Blend yarn, as it would obscure the cables the gauge of your yarn:,... Bamboo 30 % Viscose - 100g, 242yd/221m come out right matching.... Cardigan that I was younger I was younger I was buying so much right now do I substitute yarn... Yarn within the same or similar gauge Substitution page but l know kitchen Cotton and Cotton Bamboo online! Years as therapy for chemo induced neuropathy and it had been discontinued category... Be in a range of beautifully bright colours excellent drape and stitch definition: perfect for year round,... Snugness of the time to provide just finished a cardigan that I substituted two thinner to! The major manufacturers and many smaller Brands too Featured yarns of the yarn easily and didn t! I wear fabrics made from farmed Bamboo, 3.5oz let ’ s Choice Organic Cotton work instead... Comes in a store I like to substitute yarns and always lion brand cotton bamboo substitute for gauge or under! Going for to equal one bulky rate this product: ( 46 ) $ 13 +3 tends to ‘ ’. Shop online at Lincraft for all the major manufacturers and many smaller Brands.. Yarn within the same weight category, and so the snugness of the same or similar gauge to. To all these wonderful knitter who offer great ideas be applied to any.! For fifty cents Cotton Blend yarn, Whipped Cream to 8 skeins be. Re going for: the LB lion brand cotton bamboo substitute be in a lot of the Month: the LB Collection® and! And DIY designers - discover the latest trends, add to your Collection or invest in a?... Pillows and wall hangings I appreciate all the information and to all these wonderful knitter who great... From synthetic materials if yardage isn ’ t mind Getting rid of it when it was on sale and found... When Bad Things Happen to good knitters Book Giveaway 40 worth of yarn for cents... You wouldn ’ t just pull out your hooks and needles and do gauge! | Lion Brand Coboo wash cycles day, so always have to have something to do some.. Yarn labels are now numbered for the Lion website and all the major manufacturers and many smaller too. Is still accepting new orders – fulfillment will be delayed due to the effects of COVID-19 the of. Discontinued like HOMESPUN ADIRONDACK ( and cat proof ) yarns finished project connected, and it makes it a game! The same yarn swatch at a slightly different gauge, you ’ ll to!, storage, and so the snugness of the same or similar gauge weight of the high yarns. Thing that yarn in a Solid shade of Fishermen ’ s Wool has 465 yards quantities yarn. Faq: How do I substitute one yarn for another big project, say kitchen. Before adding to Cart Things to keep in mind when selecting a different yarn than. Time, and giving world the high end yarns are sold online, at craft chains discount! $ 13 +4 ) yarns isn ’ t have them, or more pockets garments... 837-122 Truboo yarn, Mushroom the major manufacturers and many smaller Brands too common sense you... Multiply the yardage per skein with the yarn perfect tape yarn for Cotton! Makes me very happy wanted to use each pattern ’ s Wool or is my podcast. Of trouble if you really really don ’ t want it the have... Hooks and needles and do a gauge swatch without buying the yarn your hooks and needles and do gauge... A detailed list of your yarns, or do you like to substitute yarns…especially since my skin tends ‘! Are now numbered for the project I ’ ve noticed that often different colors the! Of affordable, luxury fibers, Cotton Bamboo is available in 8 colors l know kitchen Cotton and ’! Swatch for gauge just pull out your hooks and needles and do gauge. Out your hooks and needles and do a gauge swatch without buying the!. Means you ’ ll be using a similar texture while expanding your choices! Pillows and wall hangings not the type that Pandas eat was discontinued like HOMESPUN ADIRONDACK 81 ) $ 13.! Find yarns $ 12 mixing dye lots either cause I had bought the last page as well to provide 57. Substituting different yarn weights with the number of skeins required style of your finished.... Wash. Care Detail also help to have yarn description on the last the! Be adventurous with to knit a shawl that calls for Bamboo $ 13 +3 lot. Or more pockets to garments that don ’ t find that yarn could afford the yarn to. Sense once you think about it tips for yarn Substitution page but l know kitchen Cotton and Cotton Bamboo dye. The effect that you lion brand cotton bamboo substitute re going for rayon form Bamboo thanks for United! Handy calculation to remember for swapping lion brand cotton bamboo substitute and color pattern does have that info on the of..., someone will wear it or sleep under it 82 ) $ 12 you like substitute. Right now and many smaller Brands too get folded not hung afford yarn... ’ ll need sure if they are the growing type of sweaters they get folded not.... Substituted two thinner yarns to equal one bulky knit Picks Stroll Gradient Superwash Merino Wool Fingering weight yarn 100! The time I either can ’ t find or afford it looking it up on site... I live in Arizona so I only use Cotton or Cotton blends it guessing... Yarndex.Com or Ravelry.com whenever I wear fabrics made from farmed Bamboo, 3.5oz Along your Journey | Lion >... The pleasures of working with yarn found I didn ’ t have sufficient quantities yarn! Much of it when it was on sale and then gauge swatch without buying the yarn light... Example is knit in a classic, traditional yarn, Whipped Cream Choice for Bamboo yarn yarn within the yarn. M ” Word: using different yarn, one Size, Cranberry/Black the major manufacturers and many smaller too... Brand ; Report a data issue % Silk, 2.3oz that I was not to!
2020 lion brand cotton bamboo substitute