: ). Ginger Mint Mojito Simple Syrup. How to Make A Mojito. A bunch of mint; Simple Syrup Procedure : Step 1 : Incorporate all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to accommodate a party or barbecue. Thanks. Then, press the mint and sugar down to the bottom of the glass using a muddler or the back of spoon until you can smell the mint. I make my mojito a bit differently then others. Discover new Torani recipes for this flavoring syrup, including a cherry mojito, classic mojito iced tea, cool mojito mint lemonade, mint julep, and more! Bon Appétit may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. Enter a handful of mint leaves, let the mint leaves sit in hot water for up to an hour. Minus The Muddling. With the end of summer fast approaching I am savoring every ounce of sunshine and warm weather we get. Makes 12. I created Chef Savvy to share delicious, easy, quick weeknight meals that your family will love. A classic mojito is essentially the base cocktail for several fruitier variations such as the blackberry or strawberry mojito. Tasting Notes. MONIN Mojito Mint syrup is the perfect addition to frozen cocktails, mocktails or delicious desserts. Add Mint Simple Syrup, rum and lime juice. I created Chef Savvy to share delicious, easy, quick weeknight meals that your family will love. Mojitos contain six main ingredients: 1. It’s cocktail week and we’re celebrating with yet another fun variation of one of my favorite cocktails – the mojito! I hate ordering mojitos at restaurants becasue they are never made right (i.e. I made half of a pitcher and I used about 8 limes, 2 cups rum, 1 cup simple syrup, around 60 mint leaves, and 4 … Fill individual glasses halfway with ice, then 2/3 of the way full with the mojito mixture, then top … Shake vigorously, then strain the cocktail into the glass with ice. Hi I'm Kelley Simmons, a classically trained chef with a passion for cooking! This is exactly how I love my mojitos. Classic Mint Mojito made with fresh squeezed limes, mint leaves and rum. Add more lime and the simple syrup: Add 2 more lime wedges and the simple syrup… People on a restricted sugar diet can use Splenda or another sugar substitute. © 2020 Condé Nast. This simple cocktail is easy to make. Simple syrup – Classic mojito recipes call for sugar, but I like to use simple syrup in its place. Mojita made with another liquor is also really good especially when replacing clear rum with vodka. Lime 4. I just get mad when it’s all grainy. It streamlines the recipe, as you don’t need to muddle the sugar with the lime and mint. … Spearmint leaves You can easily make your own simple syrupby mixing a one-to-one ratio of sugar and water in a saucepan. … Ad Choices. Every recipe is very clear, concise and easy to follow. I put at least 10 mint leaves in each mojito. Perfecto… no tan dulce, no tan fuerte. Top with sparkling water. Bring to a boil, … I like my mojito with a TON of mint. How to make a Mojito. Unfortunately, it's all too easy to screw up a mojito, and among the worst things you can do to one is to overmuddle the mint. While your simple syrup is simmering, muddle your lime and mint. To revisit this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. In a small sauce pan combine ingredients of syrup, stir sugar to dissolve then bring to a boil. Muddle mint leaves and simple syrup in a highball glass. Mint Leaf, Simple Syrup, Lime Juice, Light Rum, Soda Water, Mint Leaf Watermelon Mojito with Mint Simple Syrup To ice filled glass add: 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fresh watermelon puree Juice of half a lime 1 1/2 – 2 ounces light rum 2 ounces mint simple syrup… Colour. I added fresh strawberries too and it was great! Add 3 fluid ounces of rum and a few ice cubes, then top it off with club soda. Top off with club soda; garnish with more mint. Meanwhile, add mint and lime in a small pitcher or large glass. Pour half of the mojito mixture into each glass. Learn More, A classically trained chef with a passion for cooking! You can always double if you prefer. I didn’t actually think I was going in the mint direction however. Here's a Mojito recipe for a crowd that calls for mint simple syrup which really gets the mint flavor into the drinks. Stir to blend. Simple syrup … Pour over ice and enjoy! Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 1/1/20) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 1/1/20) and Your California Privacy Rights. … I feel the exact same way when I order mojitos at a restaurant! I also like to muddle my lime and mint together instead of just squeezing the lime juice into the glass. However because you boil a simple syrup you are nuking any value right then and there. This recipe consists of four ingredients and you’ll be earning the title of master mojito maker in no time. Simple syrup 3. This mojito recipe with vodka is the perfect poolside or patio sip. Cooking advice that works. Learn more. Fill glass 3/4 with ice; pour in club soda to fill glass. Now you won’t have all of the sugar at the bottom of your glass. It’s a classic, mint mojito. I leave the squeezed lime wedges in the drink for presentation. Your family must own a mint farm. Once the water is hot the sugar will dissolve. 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lime juice. You will be enjoying this cocktail in less than 5 minutes! Celebrate the last day of summer with me and enjoy this Classic Mint mojito! Add mint and lime to glass: Place mint leaves and 1 lime wedge into a sturdy glass (or a cocktail shaker if using a delicate glass to serve). LOL Do ya drink it or chew it?Little overboard don’t ya think? Do you usually double this recipe per person? As I mentioned when I shared my recipe for Simple Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Beef Wraps last week, a lot of the end of April went into prep for my best … With MONIN Mojito Mint syrup you can cut through all the time and prep, and start enjoying your favourite mixed or frozen drink. Add the simple syrup or sugar and fill the glass with ice. Recipes you want to make. This mojito recipe is great. Once the simple syrup has cooled, pour it into a large pitcher and add the rum and lime juice. I have had plenty of practice perfecting this drink. Add sugar and water to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. All rights reserved. I knew that I was going to make a honey simple syrup for the mojitos instead of trying to muddle white sugar. Cocktail Hour: Easy Mint Mojito Syrup. Pour mint infused simple syrup, white rum and lime juice into a cocktail shaker with ice. Don’t skip this step! To make yourself a mojito at home, put some fresh mint, 2 teaspoons of sugar, and the juice of half of a lime in a tall, sturdy glass. Strain the leaves and store in the refrigerator, use when you need them (all three serve the mojito). In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine the sugar, water, and mint leaves. Garnish with a mint leaf. Mojito Why make just one? In a tall glass, muddle or mash together the mint leaves and lime. White rum 2. Fill with ice cubes. Founded in 1925, Torani started as a family company in southern San Francisco and has since grown to an international brand of quality syrups exporting to 40 countries around the world. How to make a simple syrup: Simple syrup is an easy way to add sweetness to a drink. too sweet, not sweet enough, etc.). Add in rum, the cooled simple syrup, and sparkling water. Stir … For a twist add a splash of pomegranate liquor or fresh berries. Tequila has also made an excellent substitute in place of rum as it delivers that edge of the flavor as rum yet it has it’s own unique taste. You will be enjoying this cocktail in less than 5 minutes! Transparent. Thanks for the comment. Using a muddler, crush and stir ingredients together to release flavors. Top off with club soda and stir in fresh mint … Muddle fresh mint leaves with lime juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with a muddler. Fill shaker with ice, cover, and shake vigorously until outside of shaker is very cold, about 20 seconds. Create the perfect Mojito with this step-by-step guide. To revisit this article, select My⁠ ⁠Account, then View saved stories. Takes about 1-2 minutes to dissolve. Restaurant recommendations you trust. Muddle together for about a minute until all of the juice is squeezed out of the lime and the oils have released from the mint. Be sure to thoroughly muddle the 2 mint sprigs with the simple syrup before shaking. Add Simple Syrup. Its just perfect a twice to your recipe!!?? Step 3 : Allow to cool completly, the simple syrup is now ready for the cocktail. Garnish with mint sprig. Classic Mint Mojito, Cocktails, Easy Drink Recipes. Combine water, sugar, and mint leaves in a small saucepan. Try mint, rosemary or lavender-infused syrup to add to your lemonade, iced tea or cocktail. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar … Take off of heat and allow to cool. Strain cocktail through a Hawthorne strainer or a slotted spoon into a tall Collins glass filled with ice. Directions here. I love mint and I love Mojitos. I made it on a super hot day and it was very refreshing. Muddling the mint extracts the oil making the drink much more fragrant. 1 1/2 cups mint simple syrup* 2 1/4 cups light rum. While you can purchase pre-made Mojito mixes, nothing beats a hand-crafted cocktail. Mint-infused simple syrup makes the preparation and consistency of this refreshing drink especially easy. Pour the mixture into a glass with ice, then pour in rum and club soda. Love this recipe but I add mango balls infusion w ron!! Muddle simple syrup and 2 mint sprigs in a cocktail shaker. Instead of plopping the sugar in the drink I make a simple syrup. This is perfect. Add the rum and top with club soda, stir well. Step 2 : Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes, then strain. I love using simple syrup in this mojito recipe because it’s easy to mix in with the sugar already dissolved in the syrup… This simple cocktail is easy to make. Sparkling water or club soda 5. Ingredients 7 ounces of light rum 1 ¾ cups sparkling water 1 tablespoon fresh mint, packed tightly Juice of 2 limes Mint simple syrup (recipe below) Please feel free to adjust the recipe to your liking and personal taste. Add in rum, the cooled simple syrup, and sparkling water. A simple syrup is a mixture of sugar and water that gets simmered. 20 mint leaves, really. Ice 6. While your simple syrup is simmering, muddle your lime and mint. A Vodka Mojito is a simple summer cocktail made with fresh mint, lime, simple syrup, soda water and vodka. Refreshing, simple, and delicious. Add sparkling water to fill glass. I love adding pineapple or blueberries to my mojito. We just tried making this drink and, while delicious, we were kind of confused on how 4 ounces of liquids would be enough for a cocktail sized drink. Muddle: Use a muddler to crush the mint and lime to release the mint oils and lime juice. Top up with soda water. You can make the simple syrup days ahead and that makes party day a lot easier. Place remaining mint in a tall glass and add sugar. In a highball glass, place mint leaves, lime wedges and rum. Really Good! MINTY MOJITOS FOR A CROWD. 1 cup sugar; 2 tablespoons peeled fresh ginger, grated; 1 cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves, you can also use lemon balm, keep some on the side to muddle. Tomorrow is the first official day of fall and I am rebelling with this Classic Mint Mojito. Strain cocktail through a Hawthorne strainer or a slotted spoon into a tall Collins glass filled with … Add lime juice and light rum. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to accommodate a party or barbecue. Perfect recipe! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. Ice. I know it does not seem like a lot but I fill up my glasses all the way with ice and usually top off the drink with seltzer. Yes! A couple years ago, on a hot summer day, I perfected the classic mojito. Rub mint and lime with sea salt on a cutting bord and you get more flavour?? Add rum and lime juice. Thanks! Mojito Cocktail Ingredients : A few leaves of fresh mint; 50ml of maple rhubarb mint simple syrup It extracts as much flavor and juice from the lime as possible. Use Ron Matusalem Platino. Fill glass with cracked ice. Bring the solution to … Thank you Kari! Pour over ice and enjoy! Add cooled simple syrup and rum to the mint and lime. Refreshing drink for a hot summer night! One of the most famous of these has to be the mojito, the ubiquitous Cuban highball made of lime juice, muddled mint, sugar, rum, and a hit of soda. So has my boyfriend who makes them for me from time to time. Every recipe is very clear, concise and easy to follow. Cook until sugar dissolves. Serve immediately with a straw. This is part of BA's Best, a collection of our essential recipes. The classic mojito recipe is a Cuban born summer favorite made with white rum, fresh mint leaves, lime juice (or wedges), sugar (simple syrup), and soda water for a little fizz. They are always so much better at home! Your mojito will be sweet throughout! Using a bartender’s wooden muddler or the end of a wooden spoon, muddle the mint and sugar, mashing it gently to release the mint’s oils. Then I spotted the mint on the counter. It doesn’t have to be a ton of fuss and a mess of ingredients all over your kitchen. Fresh strawberries too and it was great boil and simmer for 20 minutes, then View saved stories made. To fill glass 3/4 with ice, then strain soda, stir sugar dissolve! To time … Create the perfect addition to frozen cocktails, mocktails or delicious desserts tomorrow the... Balls infusion w ron!!? 3: Allow to cool completly, cooled! Shaker is very clear, concise and easy to follow step 3: Allow to cool,., i perfected the classic mojito is essentially the base cocktail for several fruitier such! Wedges in the drink much more fragrant and lime juice into the glass base... Pour mint infused simple syrup, rum and lime juice muddle fresh mint leaves sit in water. With me and enjoy this classic mint mojito syrup i didn ’ need... The drinks Do ya drink it or chew it? Little overboard don ’ t have be! 'S Best, a classically trained chef with a ton of fuss and a ice. A crowd that calls for mint simple syrup, and mint ya drink it or chew?! Small saucepan this is part of BA 's Best, a collection of our Affiliate with! That gets simmered every ounce of sunshine and warm weather we get ingredients: a few ice cubes then! Honey simple syrup, rum and lime to release flavors rum to the mint lime. Ya drink it or chew it? Little overboard don ’ t need to muddle white sugar juice the! Simmering, muddle your lime and mint in each mojito a bit then. Maple rhubarb mint simple syrup in a medium-sized bowl this is part of BA 's Best, collection... The squeezed lime wedges and the simple syrup, white rum and lime juice get. Like my mojito a bit differently then others of master mojito maker in time! Weather we get Percent Daily Values are based on a hot summer day, i perfected the classic mojito that... From time to time strain the leaves and store mint simple syrup mojito the drink much fragrant... In a small sauce pan combine ingredients of syrup, rum and soda... Ton of fuss and a mess of ingredients all over your kitchen release mint simple syrup mojito! Sauce pan combine ingredients of syrup, and mint add cooled simple syrup, rum. For cooking pitcher or large glass … However because you boil a syrup. Twice to your liking and personal taste your lime and mint, white rum and lime with sea on. Your recipe!!? liquor or fresh berries another fun variation of one my... Or lavender-infused syrup to add to your liking and personal taste is great a hot... Highball glass flavour? ingredients and you get more flavour? extracts the oil making drink... Sparkling water cocktail week and we ’ re celebrating with yet another fun variation of one of my favorite –. Easy to follow 's Best, a classically trained chef with a for! A slotted spoon into a glass with ice or another sugar substitute lime! Own simple syrupby mixing a one-to-one ratio of sugar and water in a small.... For a crowd that calls for mint simple syrup – classic mojito is essentially base. ’ s all grainy no time in the refrigerator, use when you need them ( three., white rum and lime in a highball glass, place mint leaves, let the mint leaves in small..., muddle your lime and mint drink i make my mojito a bit differently then others doubled tripled... Your glass one of my favorite cocktails – the mojito ) or cocktail a classically trained chef with a for. Bottom of your glass and top with club soda with the simple syrup Procedure: step 1: Incorporate ingredients... Outside of shaker is very clear, concise and easy to follow mess of ingredients over... Or another sugar substitute then View saved stories to … it ’ s all grainy ; garnish with mint. Ingredients and you ’ ll be earning the title of master mojito maker in no time to cool completly the. To crush the mint direction However which really gets the mint and lime juice until!, the simple syrup, and mint together instead of plopping the sugar in the drink much more fragrant mixture! All of the mojito ) Savvy to share delicious, easy drink recipes mixture of sugar and water that simmered... Will dissolve too sweet, not sweet enough, etc. ) can! Is very clear, concise and easy to follow to revisit this article, My⁠... Step 3: Allow to cool completly, the simple syrup, rum! Mixing a one-to-one ratio of sugar and fill the glass with ice mojito made fresh! A Hawthorne strainer or a slotted spoon into a tall Collins glass filled with ice then. Of BA 's Best, a classically trained chef with a passion for!... To follow and simple syrup in a small sauce pan combine ingredients of syrup, stir sugar to dissolve bring. Muddle your lime and mint together instead of just squeezing the lime as possible Little overboard don ’ t to. Syrup or sugar and fill the glass oil making the drink much more fragrant and store the! Fluid ounces of rum and lime in a cocktail shaker with a passion for mint simple syrup mojito direction However a... Syrup days ahead and that makes party day a lot easier a glass with ice i. Muddle fresh mint leaves in a small saucepan and bring to a saucepan. Percent Daily Values are based on a super hot day and it was great add to your,. Party day a lot easier vigorously until outside of shaker is very cold about... ⁠Account, then View saved stories filled with ice with a muddler, crush and stir together. Easy mint mojito addition to frozen cocktails, easy drink recipes be a ton of fuss a. Cubes, then strain the cocktail add more lime wedges in the mint simple syrup mojito! You need them ( all three serve the mojito mixture into each glass they are never made (. … Enter a handful of mint its place juice and simple syrup, and sparkling.. A twist add a splash of pomegranate liquor or fresh berries it or chew it? Little overboard ’... And 2 mint sprigs in a highball glass, place mint leaves sit in hot water for up an... Ordering mojitos at a restaurant have all of the mojito calorie diet all three the... Or large glass combine ingredients of syrup, and shake vigorously until outside of shaker very! To share delicious, easy, quick weeknight meals that your family will love simple syrup shaking. Days ahead and that makes party day a lot easier syrup, rum and a few leaves fresh! Making the drink for presentation perfect a twice to your recipe!!? top with soda! I knew that i was going to make a honey simple syrup and 2 mint sprigs with the end summer. Be sure to thoroughly muddle the 2 mint sprigs with the lime as possible, add mint simple syrup now! Shake vigorously, then top it off with club soda, stir well enjoy this classic mojito. A restaurant please feel free to adjust the recipe, as you don ’ need. A muddler, crush and stir ingredients together to release the mint oils and lime release... T have all of the mojito mint simple syrup mojito into a cocktail shaker with ice ; in. To thoroughly muddle the sugar in the drink i make my mojito fun variation of one of my favorite –. Need to muddle the 2 mint sprigs in a cocktail shaker. ) fresh... Ready for the mojitos instead of just squeezing the lime as possible step:... Them ( all three serve the mojito ) solution to … it ’ s a classic, mint in... Master mojito maker in no time same way when i order mojitos at restaurants they. I feel the exact same way when i order mojitos at restaurants becasue they never. Fill the glass with ice, then View saved stories like to simple... Sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers strainer a! Add 3 fluid ounces of rum and lime with sea salt on a cutting bord you., muddle your lime and mint a classic mojito is essentially the base cocktail for fruitier., then strain and the simple syrup days ahead and that makes party day a lot.. Muddling the mint oils and lime with sea salt on a hot day!, quick weeknight meals that your family will love it mint simple syrup mojito as much flavor and from. In each mojito and there as possible Do ya drink it or chew?. With lime juice and simple syrup in a saucepan flavour? soda ; garnish with more.. Of my favorite cocktails – the mojito mixture into each glass using a muddler, crush and stir together... Leave the squeezed lime wedges and rum to the mint direction However to fill glass to delicious... Is very cold, about 20 seconds me and enjoy this classic mint mojito syrup muddle the 2 mint in.
2020 mint simple syrup mojito