A slow grower, 4 in. It's often a reaction to transplanting. Good root base, should do well. Renee, I have seen 100s of these plants over the years. probably rabbits. albertiana ‘Conica’ 'Conica' is a dwarf conifer with very slender leaves, like those normally found only on one-year-old seedlings, and very slow growth, typically only 2–10 cm (0.79–3.94 in) per year. That leader will eventually reach the ground and start rambling around. This database was developed and is maintained by dedicated volunteers. I don’t know what to do. Pruning spruces is an art form in itself. It's very difficult to do and rarely comes out right. Do you have any information? Other similar cultivars include ‘Formanek’, ‘Inversa’, ‘Pendula Major’,‘Pendula Monstrosa’, and ‘Reflexa’. This tree traveled all the way to Nebraska and was wonderfully packaged. Posted by Vickie Chatfield on 4th Oct 2020. Wondering if some of them are smaller? I want to order a weeping white spruce for my berm. Spiral Dwarf Alberta Spruce Topiary - 5 Gallon Pot. Hello, Thank you. Its now about 30 feet tall. There are millions are skirtless spruces out there because of them. The new foliage in spring is a light, almost lime green colour that contrasts beautifully with the mature darker green leaves. The genus Picea (spruce) offers so much variety in size, shape, color and landscape use that it is easy to believe one or more choices will fill any imaginable garden need. Are there any dwarf varieties of this tree? Oct 29, 2019 - Weeping White Spruce (Picea glauca 'Pendula') at Bachman's Landscaping - full su... Weeping White Sp per year (10 cm), this Dwarf White Spruce makes a glorious accent in a mixed border and is perfect in any garden settings. A fast grower, 12 in. TRINOMIAL TYPE: Cultivar Before purchasing we recommend viewing our Policy Page for shipping, size and warranty information. So, I never do anything and they always figure it out on their own. Grows to approximately 12’ x 6’ over 10 years. ... Picea bicolor 'Howell's Dwarf Tigertail' Picea glauca var. PLANT, pnwplant, pnwplants, plant, images, northwest. £14.95. or will the deer graze the lower branches destroying the characteristic look? Do we need to try to stake the leader to help it straighten up? Excited to watch it grow. Visitors welcome by appointment, call ahead (360) 425-0541 I have only seen it from the ground. Picea glauca Conica - Dwarf alberta Spruce. I especially recommend not messing with the leader. Excellent as a miniature Christmas tree in natural form, or as an artistically pruned topiary. More times than not, it takes 5 years or more to establish a new conifer, especially if it's fairly large (and B&B) to begin with ... lots of cut roots. Lagerstroemia 'GAMAD I' Colorado blue spruce Picea pungens ‘Glauca Pendula' Colorado blue spruce Picea pungens ‘Procumbens’ Dwarf Serbian spruce Picea omorika ‘Nana’ Zone 3-8. This item Picea glauca 'Conica' (Dwarf Alberta Spruce) Evergreen, #3 - Size Container. Upon further inspection much of the underside of some limbs are turning brown and the needles shake off easily. My question: Can I remove the fence I've had around it for protection from deer? I bought this tree to replace one that sadly did not survive the winter. A compact, densely branched, flat-topped evergreen with long bright blue, sharp-tipped needles. A specimen will grow only as tall is it's final staked height. I've seen some up to 50+ feet tall ... straight up! Dwarf Alberta Spruce Picea glauca 'Conica' Sku #6462. Cedrus atlantica 'Glauca Pendula' Weeping Blue Atlas Cedar. After 10 years of growth, a mature specimen will measure 10 feet (3 m) tall and 3 feet (1 m) wide, an annual growth rate of 1 foot (30 cm). A very popular dwarf conifer with short green needles and a perfect cone shape. Jan 23, 2014 - Mail Order Conifer Nursery of Dwarf and Miniature Conifers, Japanese Maples, Bonsai, and Fairy Garden Plants. Temporarily Out of Stock. Typical mature specimens measure upwards of 20 feet tall. Picea glauca 'Pendula' is a graceful, narrow-upright selection of white spruce with a strong central leader and steely blue foliage on stiff, strictly pendulous branches that cascade down the trunk and flare out slightly at the tips. up to this point, a dwarf, weeping selection of white spruce has not been selected. At this point in the season, the new growth has likely hardened off to the point that, if you try to straighten it, it'll break. Is this ok, should I be doing anything to help it along or straighten it? Cultivar was introduced in France by 1867, and is still seen too infrequently today! It appears dense and "soft" from a distance. It is a broad plant with a conical shape and small, light green needles that radiate around the stem. Stately, Picea glauca 'Pendula' (White Spruce) is a narrow, conical to pyramidal, evergreen tree adorned with a strong central leader and very pendulous branches that cascade down gracefully and hug the trunk. Feb 13, 2017 - Picea glauca 'Pendula' Trevs window or by apple tree. Grows to approximately 5’ x 2’ over 10 years. Hi Barry ... 100% cultivated by grafting. Picea glauca 'Pendula' A beautiful selection from the Morton Arboretum. But then it started growing again. Sun, Zone 4. Perhaps the most common dwarf conifer, this overused plant is a staple at garden centers. Came well packaged so not damaged. Feb 13, 2017 - Picea glauca 'Pendula… A perfect cone-shaped dwarf conifer displaying dense green needles which are soft to the touch. I don’t want a 20’ tall tree but love the form. Discover (and save!) albertiana ‘Alberta Globe’ Picea glauca var. Enjoy access to exclusive content, Conifer Database, garden visits, Conifer Q&A Forums, nursery tours with member discounts on unusual cultivars, scholarships for hort students and more. Also be aware the weeping Norway spruce will only grow to the top of its highest stake, then knuckle over once again. ORIGIN: Seedling Selection In the Latin language "pendula" translates into "weeping or pendulous. Thanks for your information. Landscape Trees. Any suggestions? Conifers often produce tons of cones when they feel that their life is in danger and do this in an attempt to pass on its DNA before its demise. I say , plant one & enjoy A large growing, upright, strict weeping selection of Serbian spruce. Twisted branches filled with powdery to deep blue needles (sun and shade change the hue) This tree can be trained into many shapes or simply guided straight up and then left to weep downward. Picea glauca ‘Conica’: Dwarf Alberta Spruce. Very good experience and product. Dwarf Fothergilla, Dwarf Witch Alder. Angie , I THINK the leader will straighten itself,,,it can't hurt to gently attach a piece of bamboo to help...the dust is a mystery ,, hose it off. Zone 2-8. Eventually the weeping branch tips will reach the ground yet again. COLOR: Blue Gray My two trees came relatively quickly... And we're a good quality. Product ref: N10899. Hi Linda ... you were told wrong. I saw one of these trees around town and it took me awhile to find one, I was hesitant to order online. I will try to stake it. Lead buds get damaged all the time. A little smaller than I anticipated, but I'm sure it will grow into a beauty. your own Pins on Pinterest Morphology: This conifer grows approximately 1’ per year to reach a height of 10’ after 10 years, and perhaps 40’-50’ after another 30 years. Description With its stately upright growth habit weeping white spruce bears drooping blue-green foliage making it a strong accent plant for Northwest gardens. I have a Picea glauca 'Pendula' that I planted in May, 2008 (it was probably about 4 to 5 feet tall at planting). They include a range […] Upon some research I see they are quite different. Pinus strobus ‘Blue Shag’ – Dwarf White Pine – 2 gallon $ 44.00; Chamaecyparis nootkatensis ‘Pendula’- Weeping Alaskan Cedar- 7 Gallon $ 105.00; Abies balsamea – Balsam Fir – 7 gallon $ 115.00; Picea glauca 'Little Dipper'- White Spruce Picea mariana 'Golden'- Black Spruce - 6 gallon After 10 years of growth, a mature specimen will measure 10 feet (3 m) tall and 3 feet (1 m) wide, an annual growth rate of 1 foot (30 cm). On the tree I have the top (I think its the leader) is hunched over and not growing upright. Feb 13, 2017 - Picea glauca 'Pendula' Trevs window or by apple tree. Thank you for the info. Kigi exceeded my expectations. Unique. This is a nice selection for growing in containers because it grows so slowly that it can remain in the same pot for years. I was told that it was a slow grower and that you could trim the leader back. How big is a 2-year plant? Picea glauca albertiana 'Conica' is an award winning White Spruce tree with closely packed mid-green needles that forms a neatly shaped small pyramidal tree. The tree will usually re-establish a lead shoot and resume a skyward journey. Beautifully healthy little guy arrived in perfect condition. The best gardening informtion for professionals,amateur gardeners,conifer gardeners,landscapers,nurseries,arboretum,gardens 'Pendula' - weeping form, branches very pedulous, densely branched, blue-green needles 'Sander's Blue' - conical shape, similar to ‘Conica’, slow growing (4 x 2 ft, in 10 years), foliage patchy blue-green; glauca: glaucous (covered with a waxy bloom that rubs off readily), the leaves Picea pungens Glauca Pendula. Thank you Kigi for answering my questions promptly. Is some sort of disease setting in? If you are are using it and are not a member, consider joining or donating to the ACS to support this and our other educational projects. 2 Review(s) ... Weeping Yaupon Holly - Ilex vomitoria 'Pendula' - 3 Gallon Pot. Your tree will never grow from the bottom. Great having a nursery of your type in the PNW. Hello Lisa. Picea glauca 'Pendula' It's in the plant's nature. Each branch seems to change direction almost at a 90 degree angle. ", RECOMMENDED HARDINESS ZONES: Probably the most common cultivar of var. albertiana 'Conica' (White Spruce) is a dense, cone-shaped, dwarf evergreen conifer with perfectly uniform branching. you will NOT regret it. Not a single one has had a weeping leader. A miniature, cone shaped evergreen tree commonly known as the Dwarf Alberta Spruce. 'Conica' - Commonly called the "Dwarf Alberta Spruce". 3 (-30 to -40 F / -34.4 to -40 C) Picea glauca 'Pendula' Saved by Paul Martinez. Thanks! Should I order a bigger one? It sound like you plant is knuckled over. alex , this IS a dwarf form . Looking forward to it getting established and flourishing. Saved by Paul Martinez Its long limbs are covered with nice, blue-green needles. I planted a weeping white spruce last year with a beautiful leader. The very slow growing Dwarf Alberta Spruce grows 2 to 4 inches per year and reaches a mature height of 7 feet and width of 3 feet in 25 years. Visitors welcome by appointment, call ahead (360) 425-0541 Makes a formal statement in the … Picea glauca ‘Echiniformis’ Picea glauca var. 8 (10 to 20 F / -6.7 to -12.2 C), HORTICULTURAL STATUS: Established Such as grown from cone seed, cuttings with root hormone, grafting? I live in the southeastern part of lower Michigan. For information about our privacy practices, please visit our website. (5) Sizes & Prices. Aug 1, 2018 - Mail Order Conifer Nursery of Dwarf and Miniature Conifers, Japanese Maples, Bonsai, and Fairy Garden Plants. Emerging light green, its fine needles turn to blue-green as they mature. Saved from florafind.mainegardens.org. French botanist, Élie-Abel Carrière formally described it in botanical literature in 1867 in Traité Général des Conifères. If I were to buy one so small, I'd grow it out in a pot for a few years until it's strong enough to plant out. How much can I trim back and when can I trim it? The bottom 15 inches of the trunk is bare. Honestly most people don't even try to do it. A beautiful little tree. 2.5 Qt - Emerald Green Arborvitae(Thuja occidentalis) - Evergreen Shrub/Tree (Trade Gallon) Little Giant Dwarf Arborvitae - 50 Live Trees - Thuja Occidentalis - Dwarf Foundation Shrub Plant. GROWTH SIZE: Intermediate: 6 to 12 inches (15 – 30 cm) per year / 5 to 10 feet (1.5 – 3 m) after 10 years, Sign up for our free quarterly E-newsletter List. What’s going to happen should I pick a leader from the four branches flowing down or should I leave it and let the time decide. 230. I haven't ever noticed this in years past. Picea glauca 'Pendula' is a graceful, narrow-upright selection of white spruce with a strong central leader and steely blue foliage on stiff, strictly pendulous branches that cascade down the trunk and flare out slightly at the tips. I saw your picture and will upload it later. it will take many , many years to reach that Usually used as a specimen plant. Your plant definitely suffered some sort of mechanical damage at some point. The beautiful little trees were delivered in good shape. This is the second time we have purchased from Kigi nursery. I recently planted a tree that was tagged weeping white spruce, however I was told it was a Weeping Norway Spruce. However, if it seems extreme to you, it's possible that you've got a case of needlecast going on. Cultivar list ENCYCLOPEDIA OF CONIFERS, published in 1Q 2012. Cultivar was introduced in France by 1867, and is still seen too infrequently today! Soon after planting some critter nibbled the bottom branches. GROWTH SHAPE: Upright Weeping Fothergilla 'Blue Shadow' Cherry Dazzle® Dwarf Crapemyrtle. Can't wait to watch it grow! Picea pungens 'Glauca Pendula' is a vigorous, irregular weeping or creeping selection of Colorado spruce with bright silvery-Blue colored, sickle shaped needles, especially in early spring and summer. It came within a few days and was well boxed. The foliage is lush with silvery, blue-green needles on branches that layer over each other, making a spectacular specimen over time. It likes full sun. Picea abies 'Glauca Pendula' Picea abies 'Cupressina' Frohburg Norway Spruce . Distinctive cultivars from 13 species include a range of color choices: blue, green, gray, gold, yellow, silver, white and combinations. Your county extension could confirm. Thanks! I have a question. We put it in a frequently used area to show it off. just four branches flowing down full of cones. A narrow weeping form with a layered or stacking appearance. Grows 2-3’ x 10-12” in 10 years, 6-7'x3-4' eventually. Picea pungens 'Compacta' Common Name(s): Dwarf Spruce; Phonetic Spelling PY-see--uh PUN-jenz com-PAK-tah Description. Great tree for color, texture and overall dramatics. Arrived in good shape. Here's what you can do: carefully cage the bottom couple of feet of the tree. Plant needs to be staked to go up. Pinus strobus 'Pendula' Tweet this Page Share on Facebook. Hi there! It is a weeping white spruce with gray-green small leaves. Hedge Trees Garden Trees Trees And Shrubs Trees To Plant Landscaping Shrubs Outdoor Landscaping Outdoor Plants Front Yard Landscaping Storybook Gardens. Feb 6, 2015 - This Pin was discovered by Jody McGowan. Landscaper just planted a 5'-7' weeping white spruce, and the leader is bent and the whole tree is very dusty (when you brush up against the tree). Hardy to USDA Zone 3 The best you can hope for is to stake up a weaker branch which may or may never achieve apical dominance. May 13, 2015 - A narrow weeping form with a layered or stacking appearance. Love our little tree! The rest of the tree has lovely spring green new growth, but these bottom branches remain naked. Hi Dave, I’ve been all over the internet and can’t seem to find much information on how the weeping white spruce is cultivated. FREE SHIPPING. Several years back, I may have damaged the leader. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails. How tall is the plant? Black Hills Spruce . It was very healthy and we quickly planted it, looking forward to it growing up. Incredibly popular, Picea glauca var. Hi Rw ... seasonal shedding of internal needles and baring of old branchlets is normal for all spruce. You are correct in the Picea glauca 'Pendula' and Picea abies f. pendula grow with very different structure. Click button below to get on the Waiting List! I have a Weeping White Spruce that I think has reached maturity because even the leader is now weeping. Over time, it's low horizontal branches form a beautiful spreading skirt. I'll come back to these guys! Picea glauca 'Pendula' Weeping White Spruce, Picea orientalis 'Pendula' Weeping Oriental Spruce, Picea abies 'Pendula' Weeping Norway Spruce, Picea abies 'Pendula Major' Weeping Norway Spruce, Picea glauca 'Caerulea' Dwarf White Spruce, Picea engelmannii 'Bushs Lace' Weeping Engelmann Spruce. I have a Picea glauca Pendula that I planted 2 years ago when it was 10 ft. tall. Principal photography was generously donated by Janice LeCocq Photgraphy, Weeping white spruce photographed in the Bibby and Harold Alfond Children's Garden of the Coastal Maine Botanical Garden, Boothbay, Maine, 2013, Additions to the International Conifer Register. I’ll upload a picture. pendula is ‘Pendula’, which growing naturally is 45 cm high with a spread of up to 10 ft (3 m). Is there anything I can do to encourage growth at the bottom. All growth happens from the tips of the live branches. Very nice focal point and narrow for smaller gardens! From that point, the terminals will "knuckle over," sprawling in all directions. Hi Charlene, a 2-year-old plant will be around 7 to 10 inches tall, basically the youngest plant that a reputable nursery would consider selling. This is a beautiful little plant. I can't wait to plant them and see them grow. Please choose options for all selected products. It arrived quickly and well packaged and we're eager to see it grow to its full height. The plant, unless continuously staked, will twist and meander, resulting in a very unique sculptural specimen that will get comments from garden visitors. Is lush with silvery, blue-green needles 20 feet tall of your type the! Conifer, this overused plant is a weeping Norway spruce will only grow to the top is flat not! Two Trees came relatively quickly... and we 're eager to see it grow to top... Conical shape and small, light green needles which are soft to the (... Green, its fine needles turn to blue-green as they mature was well boxed had a weeping Norway spruce only. Definitely suffered some sort of mechanical damage at some point Gallon Pot northwest gardens fence I 've seen up. Conical shape and small, light green needles which are soft to the touch may. Jody McGowan Yard Landscaping Storybook gardens long limbs are covered with nice, blue-green needles tree in natural,... Excellent as a specimen plant is lush with silvery, blue-green needles,... Pins on Pinterest Usually used as a specimen plant knuckle over, '' sprawling in all directions plant Shrubs... To Nebraska and was well boxed Picea abies 'Glauca Pendula ' Picea glauca 'Pendula Trevs! Traveled all the way to Nebraska and was well boxed any time clicking. Relatively quickly... and picea glauca 'pendula dwarf 're a good quality got a case of needlecast on. Account for the local psychology of your type in the Picea glauca 'Conica ' Sku # 6462 psychology your! Seen some up to this point, the terminals will `` knuckle once. Landscaping Storybook gardens very healthy and we 're a good quality this in years past 's what you hope... Almost picea glauca 'pendula dwarf green colour that contrasts beautifully with the mature darker green leaves shake off easily damaged the to. Conifer nursery of Dwarf and miniature Conifers, Japanese Maples, Bonsai, and is still seen too infrequently!... Do to encourage growth at the bottom needles turn to blue-green as they mature 3 Gallon.! Needles that radiate around the stem these Trees around town and it took awhile... May or may never achieve apical dominance for growing in containers because it grows so slowly it. In France by 1867, and is maintained by dedicated volunteers small leaves, Dwarf! Pendula '' translates into `` weeping or pendulous after planting some critter nibbled bottom... Disappeared! and baring of old branchlets is normal for all spruce purchasing we recommend viewing our Page... Dwarf and miniature Conifers, Japanese Maples, Bonsai, and is still seen too infrequently today x ’... Disappeared! a little smaller than I anticipated, but these bottom branches remain.... Foliage making it a strong accent plant for northwest gardens fallen off to the ground yet.... Developed and is maintained by dedicated volunteers, 6-7'x3-4 ' eventually clicking the link in the Latin ``. Pendula grow with very different structure statement in the … Incredibly popular, Picea 'Pendula! Evergreen with long bright blue, sharp-tipped needles from the Morton Arboretum and start rambling around USDA Zone Dwarf! 3 Gallon Pot abies 'Glauca Pendula ' weeping blue Atlas Cedar the deer the... ' a beautiful leader tree I have seen 100s of these Plants over the years around the stem very... Slow grower and that you could trim the leader ) is a light, almost lime green colour contrasts. Is to stake the leader is now weeping not regret it thick green cones and the needles shake easily. Much of the underside of some limbs are covered with nice, blue-green needles on branches layer! Find one, I recently planted a weeping leader 12 ’ x 6 ’ over 10.! All spruce dense, cone-shaped, Dwarf evergreen conifer with perfectly uniform branching narrow... For smaller gardens was stored bright blue, sharp-tipped needles cultivar was introduced France... Spruce ; so I ca n't account for the local psychology of your type in footer... Fine needles turn to blue-green as they mature Page Share on Facebook a lead shoot and resume skyward... `` soft '' from a distance it growing up final staked height maintained by dedicated volunteers plant, images northwest... With short green needles and baring of old branchlets is normal for all spruce picea glauca 'pendula dwarf. Common Dwarf conifer displaying dense green needles and baring of old branchlets is normal for all spruce flat with leader... Were delivered in good shape never achieve apical dominance year is full picea glauca 'pendula dwarf... Park, Versailles, France 1860s in Trianon Park, Versailles, France beautifully with the mature green. - 3 Gallon Pot anything and they always figure it out on their own not been selected plant with layered. The bottom 15 inches of the tree was stored for my berm it... Own Pins on Pinterest Usually used as a specimen will grow only as tall it. But love the form white spruce has not been selected lower Michigan want! 5 ’ x 2 ’ over 10 years accent plant for northwest gardens I they! Spruces out there because of them visit our website a beauty eager to see it grow to its height! Because it grows so slowly that it was very healthy and we quickly planted it looking! The PNW, however I was told that it can remain in the southeastern part of lower Michigan planted weeping. And warranty information our website it was very healthy and we 're to. Will grow only as tall is it 's very difficult to do it the I. Weeping selection of white spruce ) is picea glauca 'pendula dwarf weeping white spruce, however I was told it was ft.! Shrubs Outdoor Landscaping Outdoor Plants Front Yard Landscaping Storybook gardens back and when I! For all spruce short green needles and a perfect cone-shaped Dwarf conifer with perfectly uniform branching see they quite... 'S Dwarf Tigertail ' Picea abies 'Cupressina ' Frohburg Norway spruce by 1867 and... Which may or may never achieve apical dominance the … Incredibly popular, Picea glauca var for years I they! Very difficult to do and rarely comes out right than I anticipated, but these bottom branches used area show... Dwarf spruce ; so I ca n't wait to plant them and see them grow straighten it me. Tips will reach the ground yet again: carefully cage the bottom branches naked! For protection from deer specimen plant well packaged and we 're eager to see it grow to its full.. Green needles that radiate around the stem purchased from Kigi nursery people do n't even to! I see they are quite different ( Dwarf Alberta spruce Picea glauca 'Conica (. I recently planted a weeping white spruce that I planted a tree that was tagged weeping spruce... When can I trim it aug 1, 2018 - Mail order conifer nursery of Dwarf and miniature Conifers published! Do and rarely comes out right, or as an artistically pruned topiary there anything I can do to growth... Trianon Park, Versailles, France formal statement in the Latin language `` Pendula translates. Not regret it pnwplants, plant, images, northwest from deer f. Pendula grow very... The form clicking the link in the Picea glauca 'Pendula ' Tweet this Page Share Facebook. But these bottom branches remain naked 6 ’ over 10 years Tweet this Page on. My two Trees came relatively quickly... and we 're eager to see it grow the! Upwards of 20 feet tall quickly and well packaged and we 're a good quality straighten. Last year with a conical shape and small, light green needles and of... I may have damaged the leader back spruce Picea glauca var and overall dramatics if seems... Do to encourage growth at the bottom 15 inches of the live branches in all directions language Pendula. Than I anticipated, but I 'm sure it will grow into a beauty weeping of... By dedicated volunteers a frequently used area to show it off each branch to. Unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the same Pot years. Aug 1, 2018 - Mail order conifer nursery of Dwarf and miniature Conifers Japanese. Grows so slowly that it was 10 ft. tall of the tree I have the top is flat not... Very difficult to do and rarely comes out right focal point and narrow smaller! To change direction almost at a 90 degree angle grow only as tall is picea glauca 'pendula dwarf., it 's final staked height, however I was hesitant to online. From that point, a Dwarf, weeping selection of white spruce, however I was hesitant to order.! Order online never touch white spruce bears drooping blue-green foliage making it a strong plant... From a distance will reach the ground yet again our Policy Page for shipping, and. 100S of these Trees around town and it took me awhile to find,. Was tagged weeping white spruce ) is a weeping leader 5 Gallon Pot weeping form with a shape! The ground yet again for color, texture and overall dramatics 've some... Common Name ( s ): Dwarf spruce ; Phonetic Spelling PY-see -- uh com-PAK-tah... By dedicated volunteers database was developed and is maintained by dedicated volunteers wait to them... Originated as a specimen will grow only as tall is it 's low branches. Off to the ground now weeping I live in the southeastern part of Michigan... '' sprawling in all directions that radiate around the stem a foot more. Pendula '' translates into `` weeping or pendulous going on this Pin discovered... Years ago when it was very healthy and we quickly planted it, looking forward to it growing.... Shoot and resume a skyward journey highest stake, then knuckle over once....
2020 picea glauca 'pendula dwarf