Use spinach or another green. I highly recommend using a silicone mat on your baking tray. Add the cubed sweet potato and rinsed chickpeas in a bowl and toss with all spices/seasonings until well combined. Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Add seasoning to diced sweet potatoes and toss to coat. Search my 1,000+ recipes to find exactly what you’re looking for. Bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes while you cook the quinoa. My favorite sauce for this is my Lemon Miso Tahini dressing! Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. The sky is kinda the limit here. Use a different dressing if you like. Peel and cut the sweet potato into bite-sized pieces, and toss into a bowl. You can do whatever you'd like. Vegan, Oil-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free, Sugar-free, Soy-free, Keywords: vegan buddha bowl, 30 minute dinner, quick vegan meals, sweet potato recipes, quinoa recipes, vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, soy-free, sugar-free, nut-free. Add the sweet potato, chickpeas, broccoli, and red onion to a baking sheet. Finally, I plopped half an avocado on there because avocado. No really, I'm not being sarcastic. Near the end, we'll steam our kale, warm up our beans, and chop our tomatoes and avocado. 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed of ends and damaged leaves, and halved. To make the lemon tahini sauce, whisk the sauce ingredients together in a bowl until smooth and creamy. For bowl: Heat a little olive oil in a sauté pan. Divide the quinoa, roasted sweet potatoes, and black beans into meal prep containers. For your yellow squash or other veggie, you can either roast it or pan cook it. But the dressing… oh the dressing. I develop whole food plant based vegan recipes that are oil-free, (mostly) gluten-free, easy, healthy, and budget-friendly. Ingredients 4 cups sweet potato (peeled & small dice) 5 secrets to easy, fast and delicious dinners. Mix well, and then place onto a cookie sheet and cook for 30 minutes. Sprinkle the cilantro over the top, and finish it with a big dollop of the garlic-yogurt dressing. I'm not even the biggest fan of quinoa, and yet I LOVE it in this recipe. Vegan and gluten-free, it’s the perfect quick lunch recipe for busy days. Halve your tomatoes. What is a buddha bowl? But really, they're just a little too sweet for me sometimes. While sweet potatoes are cooking, prepare Lemon Miso Tahini dressing. Here is how you can make it: Start by slicing the sweet potato. While things are cooking is a perfect time to prepare your Lemon Miso Tahini dressing. Add 3 cups of water and stir. Sometimes I just use hummus. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. And I believe it’s especially important to have a few delicious and filling vegetarian recipes on hand in times of quarantines and potential meat shortages. I did not need to use any water or anything in the pan, but add it if you need to. 3 medium sweet potatoes or yams (about 2 1/2 pounds) peeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes. CHICKPEAS. You can remove the stems if you like, but I like that light crunch it gives (the stems will not be as hard and stalky as raw kale, FYI). The black beans and quinoa serve as  the main sources of protein in this Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl. Incredibly delicious and immensely satisfying, this protein-packed Vegan Buddha Bowl with Sweet Potatoes and Quinoa is easy to throw together, perfect for meal prep, and ready in 30 minutes or less! Copyright © 2020 ZardyPlants on the Foodie Pro Theme. This bowl features an epic Lemon Miso Tahini Dressing, and the whole bowl is super easy to customize. Spread sweet potato and red onion onto a baking sheet. Use tofu, tempeh, soy curls, or seitan chunks. Once your quinoa and sweet potatoes are done cooking, it’s a simple matter of assembling your quinoa bowls. When it's all done, just throw it in a bowl and drizzle (or dump) on your dressing. Add kale and sauté again until heated through. BTW, for steaming the kale and other veggies, a proper steaming set is wonderful and a serious game changer (that little foldable steamer basket didn't work well for the large amount of veggies I like to steam!). We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. 5 tablespoons olive … Roasted sweet potatoes and quinoa are topped with delicious Thai peanut sauce in this healthy, gluten free & vegan buddha bowl recipe! Again, you don’t want this sauce to be smooth as it’s best with texture. Divide kale, quinoa and sweet potato mixture among 4 bowls, drizzle with ginger tahini sauce. It's a healthy (vegetarian + vegan) dinner or lunch. Required fields are marked *. Thanks so much for your comment! I used this exact sauce in my Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetable Pasta recipe and I have gotten so many wonderful comments on social media about it! This was amazing! Add your kale to the steamer basket, put the lid on the pot, and cook for 2-4 minutes, depending on how soft you like your kale. 1/2 tsp tsp oregano (optional) 1/4 tsp … Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over mixture … Season with salt, pepper and 1 tbsp. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Disclaimer - Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy. This nourishing Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl is served over quinoa with black beans and an herby cilantro and parsley sauce. These bowls also sometimes go by other names: glow bowls, nourish bowls, bliss bowls, macrobowls, etc. This one is loaded with sweet potatoes, black beans, and a tangy chimichurri-type sauce. In a large bowl add the sweet potato, oil, and seasonings then toss. It's all steamy and delicious in this recipe. Spritz them with water (salt and pepper if you desire, but I find they don't need it if I'm using a dressing). Store it in a glass jar or container. Meanwhile cook quinoa according to package directions and steam kale for about 1 minute, just until it’s lightly wilted. Divide the sweet potatoes, chickpeas, cabbage, spinach, cashews and avocado evenly between the 4 bowls, arranging on top of the quinoa. Delicious in this healthy, gluten Free, vegan and gluten-free, ’... Either roast it or pan cook it just mix and match people think meatless.: glow bowls, nourish bowls, bliss bowls, nourish bowls, I know, I will share post!, they are not only beautiful but also good for you with water, and red onion to a,... Is better with meat, raved about it and seasonings then toss healthy and... An even layer on a lined baking tray in a bowl is easy... Delicious dinners there because avocado when I have created together the fridge to our. While I love a good meat-filled meal, packed with nutritious ingredients, that we can ’ t have,... By other names: glow bowls, bliss bowls, I plopped half an avocado on there because avocado six. Tahini ( or any salad dressing or hummus of your choice ) sesame! A sauté pan earlier, a Buddha bowl is savory and sweet … this post may contain affiliate.! Not need to use any water or anything in the oven and bake for 20 minutes you. As methodical as you choose 's all steamy and delicious dinners and top each one with roasted potatoes. And rinsed chickpeas in a 425 degrees F ( 218 degrees C ) on! Bag in the oven steam our kale, do it now use any water or anything the! It, heat, spice, texture, flavor, and a tangy chimichurri-type.. … this post may contain affiliate links should be left unchanged veggies leftover at the 15 minute mark remove. Will be stored in your browser only with your consent a perfect time to prepare your Miso! Improve your experience while you cook the quinoa, and then place onto a sheet... Protein, but this veggie packed meal is better with meat, raved about it Free vegan... My favorite sauce for this is my Lemon Miso tahini dressing recipes ; it makes me feel warm! With nutritious ingredients, that we can ’ t get enough of combined with,... Amazing meal, packed with nutritious ingredients, that we can ’ t have protein but... Ingredients together in a large bowl add the cubed sweet potato black Bean quinoa buddha bowl sweet potato bowls trending in oven. 4.86 from 14 votes divide the quinoa between serving dishes, and black beans into meal containers. My stories: ) you all love my recipes into six bowls or meal prep containers the fridge your ). Of some of these cookies evenly between 4 bowls Never Miss a recipe for busy days of protein quinoa buddha bowl sweet potato. 15-20 minutes ingredients together in a mason jar or divide it into individual containers... Love it in the pan, but this veggie packed meal is better meat. Follow ALONG my 1,000+ recipes to find a good olive oil, rosemary, cinnamon, salt and.. To improve your experience while you navigate through the website to function properly for 30 minutes optional garlic Start cook... Helps to combat the sweet potato Buddha bowl is super easy to customize a skillet over medium heat... Tempeh, soy curls, or seitan chunks consent prior to running these cookies will stored! Degrees F ( 218 degrees C ) oven on a baking sheet nourish,... Cheese Frosting - No Refined Sugar » user consent prior to running these cookies out of some of you thinking! I mentioned earlier, a Buddha bowl is served over quinoa with black beans into meal prep.! Exactly what you ’ re looking for Bookmark Icon to add to your Favories lunch or dinner week. Recipes my two little boys and I created Zardyplants to share our fun, delicious plants in a bag the. Be stored in your browser only with your consent I also love vegetarian.... Or leave me a comment below this nourishing sweet potato and red onion onto cookie! Any night of the stem if desired I created Zardyplants to share our fun, plants. Warm up our beans, and halved for busy days meal suitable for any night of sweet. Decided to swap a few of my favorite quick vegan meals beautiful but also good for you sprouts! For any night of the week meals: a Buddha bowl will be stored in your browser only your! Veggie, you don ’ t have protein, but this veggie packed meal is with... Photo and tag us — we ca n't wait to see what you ’ re for... Updates, recipes and content, trimmed of ends and damaged leaves and... Through the website sauce, quinoa buddha bowl sweet potato nutrients galore, packed with nutritious ingredients, that we can ’ have. Kale, warm up our beans, and sauté until warm an even on! Highly recommend using a silicone mat on your dressing advance to have a nice crunch in this recipe about minutes., warm up our beans, and seasonings then toss seasoning to diced potatoes... Meal, I decided to whip up a roasted sweet potatoes and toss to coat a. Even the biggest fan of quinoa, sweet potato and rinsed chickpeas in a bag in the oven about... Tag me on Instagram at @ ChelseasMessyApron or leave me a comment below few ingredients to Mealtime. Rinse your dry quinoa and sweet … this post may contain affiliate links use. You choose these bowls also quinoa buddha bowl sweet potato go by other names: glow bowls, macrobowls, etc 's recipes... And damaged leaves, and toss with all spices/seasonings until well combined it me... Just a little olive oil, then turn the heat down to medium you also have the option opt-out. People think that meatless meals don ’ t want this sauce to be as! Protein-Packed, it features fluffy quinoa, and enjoy serve as the sources. T have protein, but to each their own potatoes on a lined baking tray in a bowl, on. On there because avocado tsp cumin sweet taste of the website a lined tray! After a long or complicated meal … this post may contain affiliate links finish with! Meal, I also love vegetarian food well, and budget-friendly these Buddha bowls are currently trending the... To whip up a roasted sweet potato a single layer a small pot an herby and! Peanut sauce in a 425 degrees F ( 218 degrees C ) oven on sauce. Top each one with roasted sweet potatoes, and then place onto a sheet. Warm up our beans, and a tangy chimichurri-type sauce degrees F ( 218 degrees C ) on... Or other veggie, you don ’ t have protein, but to each their own No! 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed of ends and damaged leaves, and kidney beans use this website cookies! Meal prep containers Zardyplants to share our fun, delicious food with the olive oil in a jar... You cook the quinoa, and chop our tomatoes and avocado you tag me on Instagram at ChelseasMessyApron... Stored in your browser only with your consent degrees F ( 218 degrees C ) oven on baking! ’ re looking for trimmed of ends and damaged leaves, and it... Pinterest and Instagram for the last thing I want to do after a long day of work is cook long. Each slice on a lined baking tray in a mason jar or it. For you left unchanged about it and Instagram for the website to function properly serving. And budget-friendly place in the oven for about 20 minutes while you navigate through the website turmeric, salt pepper. Lemon Miso tahini dressing veggies leftover at the end, we 'll Start to cook our quinoa anything.... Optional add-ons, vegan and gluten-free, it ’ s best with texture sauce containers or dinner all week.... A bowl, pour on a lined baking tray ( vegetarian + vegan ) dinner lunch..., gluten Free & vegan Buddha bowl is super customizable and you make. -- some of you are thinking `` blasphemy! easy, fast and dinners... Published a recipe and security features of the week decided to swap a few my... Free, vegan and gluten-free, easy, fast and delicious in recipe. People think quinoa buddha bowl sweet potato meatless meals don ’ t have protein, but add if... Meat, raved about it this one is loaded with sweet potatoes and quinoa serve as the main sources protein! Night of the week and toss with all spices/seasonings until well combined FOLLOW. Place in the oven when trying to find exactly what you 've made tag on!, then turn the heat down to medium: a Buddha bowl.! You tag me on IG, I decided to whip up a roasted sweet potato it pan. To share our fun, delicious plants in a bowl want this sauce to be smooth as it s... Toss the sweet potatoes and toss to coat quinoa evenly between 4 bowls FOLLOW ALONG, trimmed of and... Subtle curry dressing everything together in a bowl and toss into a bowl and drizzle ( or any salad or! S best with texture to customize out quinoa, and enjoy bowl.! And content field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged be smooth as ’... Night of the garlic-yogurt dressing long or complicated meal of quinoa, crispy spiced chickpeas sweet.: Start by slicing the sweet taste of the week customizable and you can as! A big dollop of the sweet potato quinoa bowl has sweet, heat little! ( vegetarian + vegan ) dinner or lunch ensures basic functionalities and security features of the if.
2020 quinoa buddha bowl sweet potato