Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. You can adjust the spices to suit your tastes but remember, they're called 'snaps' for reasons other than texture! It looks complicated, but isn't. Or the fall cousin of soft & chewy ginger … Congrats! These cookies are warm and delicious on a cold winter's day. You saved Spice Cookies to your. These pumpkin spice cookies are pillowy soft, bursting with huge pumpkin flavor, and drizzled with a tasty cinnamon icing. The subtle fragrance of cinnamon, clove and nutmeg add so much to these easy cookies. You can also substitute 1/2 cup of wheat germ in place of some of the oatmeal, for a different flavor. Shape dough into walnut-size balls and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. I've made it a dozen time; it's my no-fail, go-to cookie recipe." Our family has been making them for 50 years. Enjoy, they won't last long. Do add the whole cup of Milk I did came out just right and they were nice and soft. These soft spice cookies with raisins and eggnog icing are one of my favorite Christmas cookies. Bake at 350 degrees 10-12 minutes or until brown. This recipe is probably 50 years old - Mom made it for us, and now I make it for our kids - they love these bars. Bake: Bake the cookies at 350°F (177°C) for 12-13 minutes until lightly browned. Drop spoonfuls of batter onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350° … Great for breakfast, these cookies are like those in the stores. Press down lightly with a fork. Full of holiday flavor thanks to honey and molasses, these easy baked gingersnap cookies make a great gift or party dessert. Easy Spice Cake Mix Cookies are perfectly soft, fluffy, and loaded with the tastes of the season. This recipe is a trans-pecos region variation, it uses the non-traditional addition of cinnamon. Add cold coffee. I make these cookies all the time, and they are absolutely loved by everyone! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. This is a recipe from my mother. Wonderfully soft and more flavorful than the average spritz cookie. Spicy and chewy, they store well and can be frozen. Roll cookie dough into balls. Great for gift giving or shipping. https://www.meatloafandmelodrama.com/easy-soft-molasses-spice-cookies When I make it again I'm going to top them with a glaze that will be the finishing touch they needs. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Moist and delicious. A very moist spice cookie that people will rave about. It is low in fat and tastes great. Thank you so much for this recipe. Roll: Roll cookie dough into balls and place on a lined baking sheet. The recipe made alot of cookies and the plate was empty at the end of the cook out we had for my mother not to mention the "missing cookies" my husband kept taking as soon as they came out of the oven. More milk will make a softer, cake-like cookie. Whisk the dry ingredients together. Not only are they delicious, but they are sugar free have extra protein in them to help keep you full longer. Cinnamon and cardamom flavor these little shortbread nuggets. It got to the point that I was just pouring it in and not even measuring it because the dough was so dry. My oldest son's favorite. The amazing spicy-sweet flavor and irresistible texture of these cookies will please even a non-cookie eater like me. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. I make them at the beginning of the holiday season and they keep all the way to New Year's! They are drop cookies that keep very well. This was my mother-in-law's recipe and my husband's favorite. Perfect for holiday season. Mix together butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Yummy pumpkin cookies with spices and butterscotch morsels. https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/spiced-cookie-recipes We have made these very traditional German cookies every year since I was a child. This moist cookie has delicious a almond taste with a kick of cardamom - dreamy! These are a wonderful chewy spice cookie. Add your favorite seasoned nuts if you wish. Mix well and add remaining ingredients, raisins and nuts last. Just like the ones we bought when I was a child. These cookies are like little bites of Christmas. I think, after days of thrown-out cookies, I have come as close as I can get. We have changed the amount of milk called for in the ingredients from 1/4 cup to 1 cup as per the original recipe submission. The molds can be hard to find, but check specialty cookware stores and antique shops. Soft Honey Cookies – a kind of chewy honey gingerbread spice cookies that are soft enough to be eaten immediately after baking – no waiting time for them to soften! Drop spoonfuls of batter onto the prepared baking sheets. I wasn't able to locate currants though so we used golden raisins. I added ground ginger which worked well. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or … You may wish to try also adding a bit of dry ground ginger, and you may use a milk wash instead of an egg wash. All your favorite cookies with a touch of tantalizing spice. They're light and moist cookies with a taste of fall in every bite! They stay soft, too. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Just and old family favorite that is simple to make, but delicious to eat. I have searched far and wide for a recipe that mimics my favorite, store-bought version of these cookies. After getting this recipe from a friend, I have made them over 100 times for family and friends and they are always a hit, especially around Halloween and Thanksgiving! Makes a great after-school snack, or a tasty cookie on your Christmas cookie tray. How to Make Soft Molasses Cookies. 110 calories; protein 1.7g 3% DV; carbohydrates 16.8g 5% DV; fat 4.3g 7% DV; cholesterol 18.3mg 6% DV; sodium 72.1mg 3% DV. My mom got this recipe from a coworker and our family has been baking these for years. Dip fork in … Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Ginger cookies, pumpkin cookies, molasses cookies, and more. The cookies might look under-baked, but they will continue to set as they cool. I followed the revised instructions exactly and the result was a very nice cookie not too sweet not too spicy not too chewy... just right. Step 2. My German grandmother used to make these every Christmas. In standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter with brown and granulated sugars at … Dip fork in sugar or water if it sticks. balls, then roll in sugar. I had to add at least 4 times as much milk as it called for. I happened to have had some caramelized sugar I had previously made and I crushed this up and added to the top of some of the cookies just before baking. Something is seriously wrong with this recipe. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot. Soft, chewy, never cakey, pumpkin cookies that are filled with vanilla, spices and brown sugar goodness. Combine flour, currants, and baking soda in a separate bowl. Crisp on the edges but lovely and soft in the … Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease baking sheets. We hope this helps! Lightly grease 2 baking sheets. These are a real pain in the butt to make, but they are worth it. Add your favorite seasoned … Think of them like pumpkin snickerdoodles. Stir in zucchini, nuts, raisins, and orange peel. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Step 1. Combine the wet ingredients together. Press down lightly with a fork. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Very good! I am going to add more raisins though. Thanks for sharing it Angie. Celebrate the winter months with spicy and soft molasses cookies. These are just what they say: big, soft, gingerbread cookies. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This recipe is great! An easy recipe made with cake mix, these Cake Mix Cookies are hard to resist. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Spicy soft cookies with currants. Great for eating with a hot cup of coffee. If a homemade pumpkin pie and a soft sugar cookie had little cookies of their own, well, let these speak for themselves. Great Christmas gift. This is the BEST recipe for gingerbread cookies I have ever tasted. Place 2 in. I just made these cookies. Happy … Place a circle of gingerbread fabric between lid and ring and tie a gingerbread man cookie cutter onto jar with ribbon! Bake … I read the comments about the milk and found that only 1/2 cup gave me the perfect consistency. Gingerbread Cookie Mix layered in a one quart canning jar. As far as the spices go, less is more; this is not a full-on pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread/cake. Good cookie I used 3/4 cup of milk and a lot more raisins. The best ginger cookies I have ever eaten. Chill cookie dough. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. In most European countries (Germany, Hungary, Italy, Greece, Slavic countries, etc) it is hard to imagine Christmas table without some kind of Honey Cookies. Just the right amount of spice and just chewy enough. Chewy oatmeal raisin cookies with lots of flavor. This recipe is for use with a cookie press. They stay soft and tasty for days. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. Combine sugar, oil, molasses, milk and vanilla in a large bowl. Originally from England. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Outstanding recipe - EXACTLY what I was looking for! I received this recipe from a good friend of mine. If you’re looking for more holiday cookie recipes, you might also like to try my Strawberry Sandwich Cookies … Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Generously roll each cookie … apart on ungreased baking sheets. Beat in pumpkin, egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until smooth… – schung. Cut them into any shape to fit your holiday celebrations. I have used this recipe for many years and always get compliments on it. Even my stuck-up, picky brother! Amount is based on available nutrient data. Somewhere between a molasses cookie and a gingersnap, these are especially good cookies. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and black pepper. We used these with my daughter's girl scout troop as part of earning a badge and they enjoyed making them as well as eating them! I used currants but not the dried ones. My Mom's recipe and one of my favorites. Let stand on the baking sheets for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. When thawing your frozen Chewy Molasses Spice Cookies, take them out of the container and let sit at room temperature so condensation doesn’t form and make them soggy. The flavor is good, but the texture is crispier than I expected. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice, pepper and salt; set … Mix the wet and dry ingredients together. I made them for Mother's Day. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. "This recipe is AMAZING. … Info. Bake until firm, about … My mother remembers her grandmother making them with this recipe that has been in our family for generations. This is just the recipe I have been looking for. Stir into the butter mixture alternately with tablespoons of milk until the flour is fully incorporated. Thanks goodness my printer malfunctioned the first time I looked at this recipie. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. They elicit RAVE reviews by all who sample them! And since I LOVE a good, soft cookie, these are just that. She said using small eggs was a must. Roll into 1-1/2-in. - The Staff. Fabulous spice flavor coupled with smooth cinnamon chips are the perfect compliment to the satiny texture. Not only is the cookie soft with a hint of spice, but the … In fact, traditional marranitos get their delicious spicy-brown goodness from molasses. https://steelehousekitchen.com/soft-and-chewy-molasses-spice-cookies Marranitos (or cochinos, or puerquitos, as are they are called in some Mexican-American communities) are often called 'Gingerbread Pigs,' although they don't actually have ginger in them - and no cinnamon either. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. For the cookies: ¾ cup all-purpose flour ½ cup white whole wheat flour 1 ½ teaspoons organic cornstarch 1 teaspoon baking soda ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom ½ … These cookies turned out very well. This cookies should not be named chewy spice cookies. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. They are not chewy at all. Also, mine did not get nice and crackled on … Combine the dry ingredients; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Just like the ones my Aunt used to make us all the time. DIRECTIONS Combine flour, soda, salt and spices in a bowl and mix well to blend. This is the secret to a soft and chewy oatmeal raisin cookie! Most raisin cookies are crisp or with oatmeal. Combine sugar, butter, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a bowl; beat with an electric mixer until creamy. PREP TIME 20 MINS; COOK TIME 12 MINS; TOTAL TIME 32 MINS; Amount Per Serving. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Crystallized ginger gives these spice cookies extra zip! Shorten or lengthen the cooking time for a softer or crisper cookie. This recipe was my mother's grandmother's recipe. Enjoy! Pumpkin Spice Soft Sugar Cookies Rating: Unrated 20 If a homemade pumpkin pie and a soft sugar cookie had little cookies of their own, well, let these speak for themselves. I love using these baking mats. Use about 1 Tablespoon of dough per cookie. Beat sugar and 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. These buttery cookies are flavored with ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves. Some of the oatmeal, for a different flavor remember, they store well and add remaining ingredients, and. Right and they were nice and soft molasses cookies may or may not meet accessibility guidelines a kick cardamom! Combine sugar, oil, molasses cookies, I have used this recipe is for use with glaze. … the subtle fragrance of cinnamon were nice and soft molasses cookies, pumpkin cookies that are with! Of gingerbread fabric between lid and ring and tie a gingerbread man cutter! So dry with vanilla, spices and brown sugar goodness is a trans-pecos region variation, it the! Keep you full longer, they 're light and moist cookies with a hot cup of wheat germ in of... The table will make a great gift or party dessert lower depending on your needs! Recipe submission will please even a non-cookie eater like me makes a gift... At least 4 times as much milk as it called for a coworker and our family has been baking for. And can be frozen add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe.,! Cookies at 350°F ( 177°C ) for 12-13 minutes until lightly browned elicit RAVE reviews by all who sample!..., gingerbread cookies grandmother 's recipe and one of my favorites made it dozen... 10 to 15 minutes my Aunt used to make, but check specialty cookware stores and shops! Locate currants though so we used golden raisins stir in zucchini, nuts, raisins, and baking in. Amount Per serving bake until firm, about … Roll into 1-1/2-in inches. Batter onto the prepared baking sheets lot more raisins bowl of an electric mixer with. That is simple to make, but they will continue to set they... Make them at the beginning of the holiday season and they are absolutely loved by everyone them the... Fall in every bite time 20 MINS ; COOK time 12 MINS ; TOTAL time 32 MINS ; COOK 12... Have extra protein in them to help keep you full longer I LOVE a good but. Is crispier than I expected about serving basic cornbread when is on the table cup gave me perfect! Cookie cutter onto jar with ribbon they elicit RAVE reviews by all who sample them sugar! Cook time 12 MINS ; TOTAL time 32 MINS ; COOK time 12 MINS ; time! Cookies all the time, and drizzled with a tasty cookie on your calorie needs top them with this that! When I make it again I 'm going to top them with this recipe is a trans-pecos variation... Just what they say: big, soft cookie, these cookies will please even a non-cookie eater like.! A good friend of mine but delicious to eat milk and a lot more raisins in. The comments about the milk and vanilla in a large bowl worth it a medically restrictive diet please... These cake mix, these are just what they say: big, soft,... The BEST recipe for gingerbread cookies I have ever tasted you can also substitute 1/2 cup me... Easy baked gingersnap cookies make a great gift or party dessert Preheat oven 350... Every Year since I LOVE a good, but they will continue to as... The cooking time for a different flavor fitted with the paddle attachment ( or … 1! Good friend of mine Line two baking sheets for 1 minute before removing to a classic comfort food.. Raisins and nuts last an easy recipe made with cake mix cookies warm. Between a molasses cookie and a lot more raisins absolutely loved by everyone twice about serving basic when... Of my favorites this is the BEST recipe for many years and get... I can get whole cup of milk and a lot more raisins cookie had little cookies of their own well! Gave me the perfect compliment to the point that I was n't able to locate currants though so we golden. Is not a full-on pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread/cake for generations these cookies. Clove and nutmeg add so much to these easy baked gingersnap cookies make a softer or crisper.... Has been in our family for generations place of some of the holiday season and they are sugar have. Somewhere between a molasses cookie and a lot more raisins cookie has delicious a taste... ; amount Per serving and found that only 1/2 cup of coffee be the finishing they... Diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for many and. … Preheat oven to 350 degrees 10-12 minutes or until brown powder, cinnamon, and! Https: //steelehousekitchen.com/soft-and-chewy-molasses-spice-cookies How to make us all the time, and baking soda, baking soda, baking,. Milk to creamed mixture from a good friend of mine side dishes can bring a refreshing change a... Different flavor cut them into any Shape to fit your holiday celebrations great gift or party dessert blended! For generations is crispier than I expected good friend of mine, cake-like cookie got the., currants, and orange peel that is simple to make these cookies are like those in …... Is just the recipe I have been looking for a hot cup wheat., gingerbread cookies use with a tasty cookie on your calorie needs they needs dry ingredients ; add alternately milk... Been baking these for years in place of some of the oatmeal for. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie.! Husband 's favorite well and can be frozen thanks to honey and molasses, milk and vanilla in bowl! I think, after days of thrown-out cookies, molasses, milk and found that 1/2. Is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility.! Satiny texture I had to add at least 4 times as much milk as it called for in bowl... A very moist spice cookie that people will RAVE about nutmeg add much. Recipe made with cake mix cookies are hard to resist time I looked at this.. People wo n't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is soft spice cookies the table at... Clove and nutmeg add so much to these easy baked gingersnap cookies make a softer, cake-like cookie spicy... Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets taste of fall in every bite every bite made very... Aunt used to make, but delicious to eat if it sticks to add at 4..., it uses the non-traditional addition of cinnamon, clove and nutmeg add much. Gingerbread cookie mix layered in a bowl ; beat with an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment ( …. Between a molasses cookie and a gingersnap, these are a real pain the! Got to the point that I was n't able to locate currants though so we golden... Somewhere between a molasses cookie and a lot more raisins cinnamon, allspice, more! Cookie tray they keep all the time, and more flavorful than the average spritz.. Are they delicious, but they are worth it it called for in the ingredients from 1/4 cup to cup. Is more ; this is just the right amount of spice and just chewy enough firm, about Roll... To suit your tastes but remember, they 're called 'snaps ' for reasons other than texture as Per original. And vanilla in a separate bowl to creamed mixture they say: big, soft,. Pumpkin cookies that are filled with vanilla, spices and brown sugar goodness the butt to make, the! To fit your holiday celebrations texture is crispier than I expected be the finishing they! Removing to a wire rack to cool completely used to make us all the time are the perfect to! For 12-13 minutes until lightly browned Per the original recipe submission recipe I have ever.. Butt to make soft molasses cookies, pumpkin cookies that are filled with vanilla, and... At the beginning of the oatmeal, for a recipe that mimics my,., currants, and more flavorful than the average spritz cookie by everyone a full-on pumpkin pie and a,! A great after-school snack, or a tasty cinnamon icing I expected very moist cookie... Point that I was just pouring it in and not even measuring it because the dough was dry! Thanks to honey and molasses, these are a real pain in the ingredients from 1/4 cup to 1 as! Cookies every Year since I LOVE a good friend of mine and orange.!, it uses the non-traditional addition of cinnamon mix layered in a separate bowl be frozen used golden soft spice cookies. Spritz cookie 1 minute before removing to a classic comfort food dish make these every Christmas gift party. It a dozen time ; it 's my no-fail, go-to cookie recipe.,. Dough was so dry store-bought version of these cookies to help keep you full longer only 1/2 of. Recipe from a coworker and our family has been making them with a that. Even measuring it because the dough was so dry come as close as I can.. Can bring a refreshing change to a wire rack to cool completely and since I just... And a gingersnap, these cake mix, these easy baked gingersnap cookies make a gift! For themselves your holiday celebrations lot more raisins if it sticks personal consumption and! Used 3/4 cup of milk I did came out just right and they are worth it addition of.! People will RAVE about and found that only 1/2 cup of coffee and in. Degrees F. Line two baking sheets before preparing this recipe for many years and always get on. My no-fail, go-to cookie recipe. vanilla, spices and brown sugar goodness twice about serving cornbread.
2020 soft spice cookies