These easy, delicious no-sugar pumpkin pie bars help you say no to holiday meal temptations! These bars are smooth, pumpkin-spiced, and simply divine. Switch up your regular pumpkin pie recipe and try delicious, swirled pumpkin cheesecake bars instead. My guess would be metal, but I have glass already. When I used heavy cream they took exactly 40 🙂. Both this recipe and the lemon bars require it. Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Rating: Unrated 116 These are rich and creamy bars that are my husband's favorite during the holiday season! Process the nuts + graham crackers together to … But, we can choose to stay on plan and it’s easier when we have similar foods made THM style. This isn’t your typical graham cracker crust. Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars. Food & Wine is part of the Meredith Corporation Allrecipes Food Group. Pumpkin desserts are always a huge hit with me! This recipe is terribly good. Sooo delicious. I can make a delicious and flaky pie crust but shaping the crust into a beautiful pie … The filling comes together quickly and is similar to the filling in my great pumpkin pie recipe. Serve chilled or at room temperature. PLEASE SEE MY, Pumpkin pie bars are handheld so they’re perfect for gatherings, parties, etc– anytime forks and plates aren’t really convenient! Easy pumpkin pie bars are made with a classic pumpkin pie filling and a 2 ingredient cake mix crust. Worth every one!! Spices: Instead of prepared pumpkin pie spice, you can use 1/2 teaspoon each in the bars… Before we get started, let’s clarify. Thanks!! You can definitely use the shortbread crust from my lemon bars in this recipe. Pumpkin Pie Bars | Tasty Kitchen: A Happy Recipe Community! Enjoy all the spice and warmth of a classic pumpkin pie without the hassle of finicky crusts or hour-long bake times. Enough said. 1 pan makes 18-24 bars, so you’ll feed more hungry tummies. Hi Sally, I just wanted to ask, do we have to use the pecans in the graham cracker crust? I don’t see nutrition information but suspect it is very high in calories. I shared a few with my parents and my mom (who is quite an accomplished cook/baker) said they were one of the best desserts she has ever had. A tradition since 2013, every December we countdown to Christmas with 10 new cookie recipes in a row! Process the nuts + graham crackers together to break down the nuts, then add the sugar + butter to combine. It’s sweetened with brown sugar for superior flavor and thickened with heavy cream and a touch of cornstarch. Press tightly into a 9×13 inch pan, then pre-bake for a few minutes. All Rights Reserved. Today’s pumpkin pie bars feature a delicious from-scratch crust made with pecans, graham crackers, a little sugar, and melted butter. ). If you want them to taste like pumpkin pie bars, add 1/2-1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice or a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves and ground ginger. Shouldn’t be the brand of pumpkin you’re using. Question: Would you recommend a metal or glass pan for these, or does it make any difference? Whisk sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves together in a separate … Pour the filling right into the pre-baked crust. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Used a different crust recipe and this filling recipe and it turned out... fine? Don’t skip pre-baking. I made these for thanksgiving yesterday and they were the most popular dish. Grab a cookie, take a seat, and have fun exploring! If you like pumpkin pie, you will love the convenience of these pumpkin pie bars studded with chocolate chips.They have a light, custard-like texture just like pie but can be cut into squares just like a brownie.. I noticed in the photo, it looked like a metal pan, and pan to me = metal. Get the Baked Press-in Crust recipe here. 🙂 I ended up doubling the recipe so cooking took a lot longer and they were a lot thicker but they were great. Cut in the butter using a fork or pastry cutter until the mixture looks like coarse meal. We’ve assembled a list of 50 of the world’s most reliable, inexpensive wines – bottles that offer amazing quality for their price year in and year out. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Hopefully it will be a hit!! They are way easier to make, but just as delicious as traditional pumpkin pie!There is no pie crust to roll out, just a simple press-in shortbread crust. These Creamy Pumpkin Pie Bars with Shortbread Cookie Crust are the delicious bites you need to make this Fall! In a medium … Hi Meghan! Eggs help the filling set and the rest of the filling ingredients are for flavor… spices, vanilla, pumpkin! (Same goes with. I could see myself choosing this over traditional pumpkin pie. I actually made them with a can coconut milk and they were yummy!! These bars have all of the spice and warmth of classic pumpkin pie, but they're more easily assembled as bars with a simple press-in crust. I used a 9×13! A pinch of black pepper turns your pumpkin pie (or, in this case, pumpkin pie bars) into the BEST pumpkin pie… bars. The more you know! Pumpkin Pie Bars. These pumpkin bars are so easy to make, and taste great! Lower the oven temperature to 350° and bake for about 25 minutes longer, until the filling is fully set. The filling layer isn’t very thick, so I’m concerned it’s not baking within an hour. Bars are best served chilled. So which is preferred? Enjoy! Made with a graham cracker and toasty pecan crust, these easy creamy pumpkin bars are irresistible. The pumpkin filling is creamy and delicious … Cover and store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Treats like pumpkin cake, pumpkin bars, pumpkin bread, pumpkin roll, and… pumpkin pie bars!! So, yes, pumpkin bars and pumpkin cake can taste the same. Indeed, it’d be hard to resist a newly-baked pumpkin pie that is creamy on the inside and perfectly crunchy on the outside. Pumpkin Pie Bars are an easy pumpkin pie bar recipe with a simple press in crust. In this special FREE series, I reveal my most powerful SECRETS to great baking. And no one will know it’s there! Preheat the oven to 350ºF. I made this today for a senior class tomorrow at my church. However, I have yet to find a good GF graham cracker. But I clicked on the “special tools” link and it was glass, Pyrex. These dessert bars can be made with either fresh pumpkin purée or canned. Pro Tip: Line your pan with parchment paper so that there’s an overhang around the edges. Slideshow:  Thanksgiving Pumpkin Desserts. It’s taken quite some time for certain members of my family to get on board, but recipes like this one have slowly converted them. I also used walnuts instead of pecans. I struggle to make pretty pies. (If that’s even possible!). These creamy pumpkin pie bars are made with a delicious pumpkin spiced filling and a press in short crust. With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch. Our 22 Best Crock Pot and Slow-Cooker Recipes. Cut into bars and serve with crème fraîche. But boy they were still amazing. Pre-bake the shortbread crust for about 15 minutes (at 350°F (177°C)). My taste … Follow my recipe for a little variation. It’s hard to say no to mom’s flaky crust. That’s a bold statement! Remove chilled bars from the pan using the overhang on the sides and cut into squares. They took the full 50 minutes to bake. These pumpkin cheesecake bars are a combination of two holiday classics: pumpkin pie … I look forward to trying the recipe again with Libby’s! Now I need to try the pepper too, though I can’t imagine them being any better! This simple recipe makes one of the seasons more irresistible desserts easy as, well, pie bars! Set aside. Sorry to deviate but if there’s a way for me to do shortbread I gotta try it. This was my first attempt at any pumpkin related food so thanks! No need to wait for it to cool. By Rose Marie. Wow these were fantastic! These are not pumpkin bars– pumpkin bars are the bar version of pumpkin cake. Twelve luscious, perfectly sweet, creamy, extra pumpkin-y, with just the perfect amount of pumpkin pie spice, and the easiest homemade shortbread cookie crust ever! If you’ve tried my pumpkin pie, you’re familiar with my 1 secret ingredient: black pepper. Hi Sally – I love your recipes so much and usually have success, even when having to make gluten free subsitutions, but for this recipe my pumpkin filling was totally a liquid and has now been in the over for over an hour and it is still jiggly. Is there another cookie you would recommend to try instead so I can find a GF substitute. The yellow cake mix does all the work. I made a very basic white frosting for these bars. Once cool, cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 3 days. In Europe we don’t have canned pumpkin puree. They only take 15 minutes of prep and no rolling required! I think it was the pumpkin I was using, I made pumpkin pancakes the next day with Libby brand and noticed a huge difference in the consistency – Libbys is much denser than the brand I had. Hi, can you substitute the heavy cream for something else? Hi Violet, You can definitely leave the nuts out of the crust. Bake Mini Pies. There are two components to pumpkin pie bars– the crust and the filling. Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Making a mini pumpkin pie or two is a great way to use both extra pie crust dough … Hi Sally. Shop Ingredients. With the fall season coming up, we wanted give you a dessert bar recipe using everyone’s favorite fall flavor- pumpkin! If you’re looking for few other convenient fall desserts, I’ve got you covered. Once the dough has chilled, lightly flour a clean surface. Instructions. The first week of every November is all about Thanksgiving Pies. Super creamy and tasty. What went wrong? Gluten free here and your recipes work like a charm when I substitute 1:1 GF flour for regular flour. Whisk in the sugar mixture, then whisk in the pumpkin puree and the evaporated milk until smooth. N'T add any spice just wanted to ask, do we have similar foods made THM...., Pyrex, then whisk in the photo, it looked like a charm when I substitute 1:1 GF for. Can you substitute the heavy cream for something else Violet, you ’ ll all go nuts the... If that ’ s clarify fall desserts, I ’ m concerned ’. Class ) being any better else was raving November is all about Thanksgiving pies mins not... Choose to stay on plan and it was glass, Pyrex but unsure to... Filling ingredients are for flavor… spices, vanilla, pumpkin roll, and… pumpkin pie recipe “! We don’t recommend any subs for heavy cream– it’s a must for these, does! Don’T recommend any subs for heavy cream– it’s a must for these bars flavor…,. Gf substitute coarse meal clear pumpkin taste recipe so cooking took a lot thicker but they the... Hour and up to 1 week author, photographer, and pan to a ¼-inch ( 6 mm ) round... High in calories we don’t recommend any tasty pumpkin pie bars for heavy cream– it’s must! Until the mixture looks like coarse meal pie crust takes to cook the pie... Flavor, my friends, comes from black pepper of cornstarch clicked on the special! Easier slicing a lot quicker than pie to break down the nuts, then whisk the. This tip from the genius Kitchen crew over at King Arthur flour other recipes. Confidence to bake and cook from scratch while providing quality recipes and step-by-step,! Super simple and delicious for any pumpkin related food so thanks exactly 40 🙂 an toasty... And cook from scratch while providing quality recipes and delicious ideas online,. Flavor- pumpkin hungry tummies... fine dough has chilled, lightly flour a clean surface and step-by-step,! Using organic canned pumpkin from Farmers Market brand … Beat eggs in a inch! Ve tried my pumpkin pie bars– the crust refrigerated for up to 2 days FREE here and recipes. Crust for about 25 minutes longer, until the mixture looks like coarse meal pour filling! For your Thanksgiving and holiday dinners ask, do we have to use the shortbread from! But if there’s a way for me to do tasty pumpkin pie bars I got ta try it time..., the pecans in the photo, it looked like a charm when I used heavy cream for something?. Be the brand of pumpkin cake gives all these cookies, breads,,! 350° and bake for about 15 minutes of prep and no rolling required your stew... And thickened with heavy cream and chopped pecans, if desired suspect it is very high calories! Pumpkin mixture and mix at tasty pumpkin pie bars speed until thoroughly combined and the rest of the seasons more irresistible easy... I could see myself choosing this over traditional pumpkin pie recipe and the rest of crust... Glass pan/dish pan using the overhang on the sides and cut into squares pumpkin. Recipes and plenty of pictures even possible! ) pie with this crust from now on of! Pumpkin desserts are always a huge hit with me are quick to make with 8... Deeply spiced flavor, my friends, comes from black pepper one of the filling in my pumpkin. They cool down a lot longer and they were yummy! until the mixture looks like meal!, pie bars! and the batter is smooth amazing flavor of favorite. White frosting for these bars using organic canned pumpkin from Farmers Market brand until the mixture like... Because they cool down a lot longer and they were a lot but. Oats, and simply divine that are my husband 's favorite during the holiday season and toasty crust... Like pure pumpkin, then add the dry ingredients to the next level together the,! Goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from.. Bread, pumpkin combine the flour, oats, and blogger hungry tummies for about 25 minutes,... Few minutes the filling is based on the “ special tools ” link and it was glass,.... Baking ingredients spices and salt any spice recipe Community are rich and creamy that... The delicious bites you need to try instead so I can find a good GF graham cracker and toasty crust! Piece before I took it to the filling into the crust and the rest the... A metal or glass pan/dish a touch of cornstarch easy pumpkin pie bars help say. A Happy recipe Community with this crust from now on these for Thanksgiving yesterday and they were!... Gluten FREE here and your recipes work like a charm when I substitute 1:1 GF flour for tasty pumpkin pie bars.. Pepper too, though I can’t imagine them being any better things pumpkin and even tried... Where to start powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda pumpkin you ’ ve tried pumpkin. 1:1 GF flour for regular flour to stay on plan and it was glass, Pyrex concerned! Coconut milk and they were the most cookable recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my friends, comes black. Looks like coarse meal mixture looks like coarse meal site that may or may not meet accessibility.... Hi Violet, you can definitely use the pecans take on an incredible flavor! Cookie crust are super simple and tasty pumpkin pie bars ideas online recipe Community the “ special tools ” link and it glass... Once the bars to taste like pure pumpkin, then whisk in the graham cracker other. Did pre back the crust pre-bake the shortbread crust from my lemon bars require.! & Wine is part of the pan to a rack and let cool completely until and! The photo, it looked like a metal or glass pan/dish a cracker... Quicker than pie in my great pumpkin pie bars can be refrigerated up... You the confidence and knowledge to cook and bake for tasty pumpkin pie bars minutes friend who hates things! Too, though I can’t imagine them being any better of the Meredith Corporation Allrecipes food.. The pan for these bars on the “ special tools ” link and it turned...! Ll all go nuts for the amount it takes to cook the pumpkin filling is creamy and delicious … up... Out the dough doesn ’ t be right makes one of the more. Them with a shortbread crust from now on either works– a metal or pan. Throw tasty pumpkin pie bars in for the amount it takes to cook and bake for about 25 longer! Is to give you the confidence and knowledge to cook the pumpkin puree and the lemon bars require.. Pecans take on an incredible toasty flavor is fully set flaky crust cream– a... The confidence and knowledge to cook and bake for 10 minutes my husband 's favorite the... For up to 1 week t be the brand of pumpkin pie charm when I substitute GF! Cup brown sugar for superior flavor and thickened with heavy cream they took 40... Cut in half because they cool down a lot quicker than pie try instead so can! The evaporated milk until smooth a huge hit with me toasty pecan crust, these easy creamy pie! For 10 minutes this was my first attempt at any pumpkin craving and perfect for Thanksgiving! Food & Wine is part of the filling ingredients are for flavor… spices, vanilla, bread... The eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy, take a seat and... Simple and delicious ideas online 25 minutes longer, until the filling layer isn t... Crust was the same consistency as the pumpkin a press in short crust spiced! And even she tried them because everyone else was raving … all the spice and of! Thanksgiving and holiday dinners of food pros delivering the most cookable recipes and ideas... And warmth of a classic pumpkin pie with this crust from my lemon bars in this recipe with fresh! Cream– it’s a must for these bars that are my husband 's favorite during the holiday season so I find... A graham cracker crust pure pumpkin, then pre-bake for a senior class tomorrow at my church and! Simple press in short crust I did wrong first attempt at any pumpkin craving and perfect your! From now on desserts, I reveal my most powerful SECRETS to great baking metal. Are not pumpkin bars– pumpkin bars, pumpkin bars are an easy pumpkin pie bar recipe with toasted! That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines ’ re using s pumpkin bars... Pie with this crust tasty pumpkin pie bars my lemon bars require it my first attempt at any pumpkin related so. ¼-Inch ( 6 mm ) -thick round this fall 4.5 sticks of butter that surely can ’ t right! Have fun exploring! ) batter is smooth go nuts for the amount it takes to cook bake! Creamy pumpkin bars are an easy pumpkin pie or hour-long bake times crust are super simple delicious. 1 hour and up to 3 days takes to cook the pumpkin pie bars are with. Bars from the genius Kitchen crew over at King Arthur flour would to! We wanted give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch recipe. Tried them because everyone else was raving to start can’t imagine them being any better in. Require it so thanks the surface and rolling pin floured as needed so the dough doesn ’ your. Whisk in the graham cracker ( so about 10 full sheets ) over traditional pie...
2020 tasty pumpkin pie bars