When you hit a soft shaft, provided you keep it loaded (accelerating) at impact the clubface will be open and the ball will start right, HOWEVER if like the majority of the golf population you slow into impact the club shaft will start unflexing and actually go past being straight (like the ruler) into a slight forward flex.. the clubhead is now pointing left slightly and you'll hook everything. Oftentimes, various brands will either have their own demo day and send representatives of the brand that are trained in basic clubfitting. Once the shaft is installed onto your golf club, you must Does shaft flex matter golf myths callaway golf pre owned faq trade in what length golf clubs should i use importance of shaft weight in ing right hand callaway steelhead xr ironsMygolf Labs Shaft FlexDoes Shaft Flex Matter Golf Myths Unplugged Plugged InAre You Playing With The Wrong Shaft Tgw S GolfChoosing The Best Shaft […] and get someone to measure from the crease where your wrist and hand meet to In particular, they are suited to women golfers and seniors, who may struggle to produce a fast-enough swing speed to use a steel shaft effectively. Stiff shafts were the right fit for me. If you hit your driver 200-240 yards, the regular is going to be a better choice. In the article below Jack Moorehouse explains what the different flew types are, why it is important to choose the right flex type and how to choose the one that is best fit for your golf game. What golf shaft flex is right for me. Shaft flex can have a significant effect with your ball striking, we all know this, but shaft flex can also have an effect on what type of swing you have. In order to determine the length of your club, stand tall Shaft flex can have a significant effect with your ball striking, we all know this, but shaft flex can also have an effect on what type of swing you have. “Flex” in a golf club shaft is the ability for the shaft to bend during a swing. Feature image credit: optimarc / Shutterstock. And with TGW’s Mulligan Playability Guarantee, hit your custom golf clubs for up to 90 days to decide if they’re right for you. Struggling to find the right driver shaft ... Executive Vice President of GOLF.com’s sister company True Spec Golf, I’ve compiled some things to consider when buying a new driver shaft. The following lists what length of shafts you should What is a golf game without these three factors? however, it sacrifices control due to the flex generated in the swing. distance, which means that a faster swing speed is required to generate the But at the end of the day, the majority of golfers with swing speeds of 100 mph and lower are going to do far more harm for their game by choosing a shaft that is a little too stiff rather than a shaft that ends up being a little too flexible. of carry distance. simply, the higher the rating, the more the shaft is prone to twisting. This type of shaft incorporates steel This is very important because the clubhead speed in your swing mostly comes from the club bending and then releasing creating a whip-like effect. you say? Finding the best shaft for your game can be done by visiting a professional club fitting shop. What are the best golf clubs for beginners? Now you see how valuable you shaft flex is. Well, technically there is no wrong shaft flex but there certainly is an optimized shaft flex for your specific swing speed. Add a header to begin generating the table of contents, Best Golf Balls For The Average Golfer (A Mid-Handicappers Guide). But one overlooked factor when buying a driver is your golf shaft! of 37 1/2 inches, 35 to 36 inches = irons should be based on a Whenever I've hit other clubs, it has reinforced what I already knew: Regular-flex shafts were too "whippy" for me, and X-flex shafts felt like broomsticks. Flex. Shaft flex can have a significant effect with your ball striking, we all know this, but shaft flex can also have an effect on what type of swing you have. Thanks for the help! Steel shafts are much heavier, more durable and are However, anyone with a swing speed less than 75 mph will likely benefit from shafts with L flex. Interesting thread. Those forces are generated by the type of swing that you have: fast or slow, smooth or jerky. and graphite into one shaft to get the best of both worlds for each player, to Fitting a golfer into the exact right shaft for them over the internet is a tall, if not impossible, task. When you go to swing the club, you will find that the ball won’t go as far as it should, and you may hit the ball off-centre. You might add up getting a shaft that is too weak or too stiff for your golf iron head. When you have the right driver shaft, you’ll see a healthy amount of flex in the downswing – not too little, and not too much. When choosing a driver, which shaft flex should I choose? So even if you think you are swinging too fast for a flexible shaft, you may benefit from one. Once you get fitted, check out TGW’s Custom Golf Clubs, where you can get clubs in the shaft, flex, and length you need. Using golf clubs with the wrong amount of flex can be frustrating and discouraging, so you’ve come to the right place to determine the flex you need. Put simply, the flex determines a golf club shaft’s ability to bend during a swing, affecting the distance and direction. As golf shaft technology continues to advance, manufacturers are experimenting more with bend profiles within golf shaft flex segments; in other words, not all stiff golf shafts bend the same. You won’t be able to get rid of torque completely, but it is worth remembering that the lower the torque, the lower the trajectory will be. Thanks for the help! What Golf Shaft Flex is Right For Me? What golf shaft flex is right for me. Best Golf Shafts for Drivers Picking out a new driver is lots of fun. While I don’t think you should make the entire decision based on feel alone, it can be a good way to decide between two similar flex shafts. There are two basic types of golf shafts: steel and 1. weights and other options. Every shaft – whether it be graphite or steel – has a certain amount of torque. In this test group, weight proved to be slightly more important than flex. During the swing, the shaft flexes and kinetic energy, which is stored in the coiled shaft, is released to the ball through impact, much like a whip effect. Finding the Right Flex Shaft for Your Game Most of the attention that is paid to golf clubs seems to go in the direction of the club head. these simple tips will help you develop a more effective and consistent way to practice…. If you are playing a golf shaft that is too stiff for your swing speed or golf mechanics, you may experience the following. You probably want to hit the golf ball as long and accurate as possible, so what type of golf shaft should you choose. expensive in comparison to steel shafts, and weigh between 50 and 85 grams – around half the weight of a steel shaft! So just because you want a certain flex to achieve certain results in your driver does not mean you want the same results in your wedge. 5-iron of 37 inches, 33 to 34 inches = irons should be based on a 5-iron RELATED: Quick Golf Club Size Guide for Beginners. the effect is only small, it is still measurable. Finding the Right Flex . On the other hand, Put 1. While getting fit for a specific shaft is the best way to find the right shaft, this chart will give you some general guidelines that can help get you started in the right place. 1. Choosing the right flex for your golf club shaft is essential to make sure you get the most distance from your swing. The most common mistake, is playing a golf shaft that is too stiff. Finding the Right Flex Shaft for Your Game Most of the attention that is paid to golf clubs seems to go in the direction of the club head. As golf shaft technology continues to advance, manufacturers are experimenting more with bend profiles within golf shaft flex segments; in other words, not all stiff golf shafts bend the same. I did pick up a premium shaft R flex that is lower spin but higher launch than the S+. Both weight and flex are critical elements in picking the right shaft. Playing the right shaft flex is key for improving your game. We've I am 35 and have been playing golf for about 5 years. How to choose the right golf shaft flex? carry distance, and an impact that is 1 inch off-centre equates to a 14% loss Many players will benefit from having steel irons as torque type of shaft, you should know the difference between each shaft type. these types of shafts, however if you decide that you would like to change your 5-iron of 38 inches, 37 to 38 inches = irons should be based on a 5-iron of 39 1/2 inches. First the facts: I hit four shafts (A, R, S, X) with the same clubhead. If you either can’t find a clubfitter in your area or it’s a little too expensive, then the next best bet is to find someplace where you can demo various clubs. Graphite shafts are much lighter, less durable and more The whole point behind the golf club shaft flex is finding a club that is going to flex just the right amount so you can unload it into the ball at the bottom of your swing. examine, an experienced club fitter can help anyone find the right club shaft Those forces are generated by the type of swing that you have: fast or slow, smooth or jerky. There are typically five different kinds of shaft flex that you can choose from: regular (R), stiff (S), extra-stiff (X) senior (A), and ladies (L). Choosing the right flex for your golf club shaft is essential to make sure you get the most distance from your swing. That probably shouldn’t be too surprising – after all, it is the part of the club that actually hits the ball, and it is the part that varies the most from club to club. Which golf iron shaft is right for me? suit all playing types. will correlate with how he/she will “load” the golf shaft during the swing. Choosing the right flex for the shafts in your golf clubs is essential to ensuring you are getting the most distance out of your swing. For a very smooth swing, a softer flex might benefit even if … Put simply, the flex determines a golf club shaft’s ability to bend during a swing, affecting the distance and direction. This chart is designed to give you a basic guideline for most golf driver shafts. including a variation in flexes and colours, which appeals to amateurs and Most amateur golfers overestimate things like swing speed and distance and are tremendously surprised when they see their swing accurately measured. The shaft kick-point – also known as flex-point – is the This is because as the shaft flexes and releases the clubhead changes position. The benefit to this is that the shafts they have on these sales carts are generally the same ones that they make available when ordering a new club. length that provides a repeating, solid hit each time. These shafts have the most flex available in any given line of golf club shafts. The flex is a rating of a golf club shaft's ability to bend during the golf swing. 5-iron of 38 1/2 inches, 39 to 40 inches = irons should be based on a Idk if a stiff flex or regular flex shaft will suit me better. There The general rule of thumb applied by golfers is that those with less swing speeds benefit from lighter shafts. If the crease where your wrist and hand meet to I've given up on a 3W with a Bassara A flex and now use a 5W with an R shaft… In addition, if you are overswinging, your tempo may be fast but that’s not necessarily a good thing. However, if you are a relative beginner or looking to just buy a club off the shelf of your local golf shop, shaft flex is a great starting point to begin understanding proper club fitting. Too stiff - You a So you can see if you clubpath needs work. The Shaft Flex has a significant impact on the accuracy, distance, and direction of your shot. The overall effects of shaft flex on these factors is the same for all the clubs in your bag, but depending on what club it is, you may want different results. The only way to know which one is "right" for you is to have a club fitting. from carbon steel, but stainless steel is sometimes used, and start at 120 In most cases, you will have to choose from stiff vs regular flex. are some newer options that combine the two materials, known as multi-material Even though getting fitted for a specific shaft is the best way to find the right shaft, this chart will give you some general guidelines that can help get you started in the right place: RELATED: Do I Need Custom Fitted Golf Clubs? Golf can be a very mental based game and that extra bit of confidence can have a positive impact on your swing. Well, the importance of length, according to research, is extreme. You probably want to hit the golf ball as long and accurate as possible, so what type of golf shaft should you choose. Choosing the right flex ensures that the clubhead has released properly and is square to the direction you want to hit the ball. Choosing the right golf driver shaft for you is extremely important as it can have a great impact on distance, accuracy, and ball trajectory. Simply, flex refers to the amount a shaft will bend while you swing. Therefore, the floor is: If you have picked the wrong shaft, you will immediately know. I am about 5'8" so that's why I went with a shorter club when I bought it. determine the right length for you. With today’s technology and vast number of products to Custom fitting can be done with woods, irons, wedges and recommended for players with normal swing speeds, who could do with more shafts. The goal should be to select a shaft flex that will help you attain the most efficient combination of launch angle, distance, and accuracy. Swing speed is not the only factor in determining the best shaft flex for your swing.The tempo that you swing at is important too. which are used on both irons and drivers. They are often made This chart is designed to give you a basic guideline for most golf driver shafts. Steel shafts are Of course, choosing the right head, loft, clubface angle and grip is important too, but how the shaft functions during your swing is, in our opinion, what matters the most. 2. While some golfers, Adidas is one of the best brands in golf and for good reason. It was recommended to me that because of my swing speed I should use stiff flex shafts. You should also take into consideration, what is the right shaft flex for your acceleration profile. shaft tip whipping the clubhead through. point where the shaft bends and affects the trajectory of the shot. How to choose the right golf shaft flex? Getty Images Finding clubs that are right for you can be a difficult if you’re not armed with the correct knowledge. Each shafts key specifications are added, allowing for quick comparison. There are typically five different kinds of shaft flex that you can choose from: regular (R), stiff (S), extra-stiff (X) senior (A), and ladies (L). That said, I'd recommend Regular Flex Steel Shafts. I had a previous set of graphite shaft clubs (a handed down set) and I broke the shaft of the 7 iron twice last year. These places can be at your local country club or an actual store. You’ll also get exclusive tips and offers delivered to your inbox. That probably shouldn’t be too surprising – after all, it is the part of the club that actually hits the ball, and it is the part that varies the most from club to club. The steel shaft allows the player to control the ball flight more, whilst the graphite tip ensures the golf ball can go the distance without any unwanted vibrations. But one overlooked factor when buying a driver is your golf shaft! Which flex rating you use will depend on the type of swing you have. Although The winners of the 2017 World Golf Championship – Bridgestone Invitational, Senior Open Championship both played the DI in their drivers and in some cases fairway woods and hybrids. The list is sorted by MPF, with the most flexible shafts at the top of the list and progressing to the extra stiff shaft options. In today’s guide we will review everything you need to know about golf shafts.Picking out the proper golf shaft is very important as it will impact several components of your golf swing.For example, picking the wrong golf shaft flex can cause you to hook or slice the golf … If you are looking for recommendations on the best senior or regular flex golf clubs on the market, take a look at our buyers’ guides. I belong to a couple of traveling golf leagues as well as a couple of golf clubs. There are a range of Fujikura Vista Pro 60 Shaft: 9. Pick shafts whose flex is right for your swing. The flex of the shaft throughout the swing has an effect on the clubhead position. you to decide the custom fit lie angles, face angles, lofts, lengths, swing With a shaft that is too flexible for the dynamics of your swing, this equation gets thrown out of whack and you wind up flexing the club far too much. 7 simple steps to ensure that you make the most of your time at the range. Therefore, if you don’t know what to do, don’t guess, because you may end up with the wrong shaft for you and it can be costly to rectify if you have to buy more shafts or new golf equipment. Graphite Design Tour AD shafts have won 32 global professional tournaments in 2017, with over half of those being won with the DI, “Deep Impact” model. Read on to find out all about how to pick the right golf shaft for you in this guide. Furthermore, all shafts, no matter how stiff, exhibit flex in one way or another. control when playing. These light-weight shafts help to provide a greater swing speed for more power, Shafts come in five flex categories: extra stiff (X), stiff (S), regular (R), senior (A) and ladies (L). The faster the speed of your swing, the stiffer the shaft you will need. There’s more to consider than, what is the right shaft flex for your swing profile? All shafts, no matter how stiff, exhibit flex under the forces of the golf swing. Shaft manufacturers admit that terms like stiff or regular flex are generalized to the point of being near-meaningless. You should also take into consideration, what is the right shaft flex for your acceleration profile. the floor. will correlate with how he/she will “load” the golf shaft during the swing. In reality, getting the right shaft for your swing will help you be more accurate. Try our free driving range practice guide. But at the end of the day, the majority of golfers with swing speeds of 100 mph and lower are going to do far more harm for their game by choosing a shaft that is a little too stiff rather than a shaft that ends up being a little too flexible. So why then did I hit the X-flex the best in our blind-shaft test? I am about 5'8" so that's why I went with a shorter club when I bought it. For And with TGW’s Mulligan Playability Guarantee, hit your custom golf clubs for up to 90 days to decide if they’re right for you. Flex is the most important factor in the shaft as it affects distance and direction. For clarity, a shaft with a high kick-point will often give We've The winners of the 2017 World Golf Championship – Bridgestone Invitational, Senior Open Championship both played the DI in their drivers and in some cases fairway woods and hybrids. For purposes of this post, I am going to stick just to helping you figure out the right shaft flex. You might add up getting a shaft that is too weak or too stiff for your golf iron head. Some links here may be affiliate links, which means that when you buy a product using these links, we receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Let me say, that every golf shaft company varies in their flex ratings and measurements. A shaft with a 3-degree torque will feel much stiffer than a 5-degree The whole point behind the golf club shaft flex is finding a club that is going to flex just the right amount so you can unload it into the ball at the bottom of your swing. A person’s swing tempo (i.e., smooth, quick, deliberate, etc.) This is seen by our team in this YouTube video, demonstrating with a golf driver: Get in touch with our PGA professional fitter today on 0844 324 6766, or talk to a member of staff in store, to book a custom fitting. for their golf club. Thus each golfer must take a look at his or her natural swing tendencies before selecting the shaft flex best for their overall game. The flex is a rating of a golf club shaft's ability to bend during the golf swing. Similarly, a more flexible shaft may add too much loft resulting in a high trajectory and a loss of distance. steel shafts offer more control and have greater emphasis on accuracy than So, the key to choosing the right shaft is finding the correct Which flex rating you use will depend on the type of swing you have. The right weight of the shaft is another essential factor when picking out an ideal shaft for your driver. What can you expect if you choose the wrong golf shaft flex for your unique golf swing? Each of these can affect those three things in different ways. Myth #1 – Shaft flex is more important than shaft weight. They manufacture high quality products that are comfortable and help with performance. torque, for example. In today’s guide we will review everything you need to know about golf shafts.Picking out the proper golf shaft is very important as it will impact several components of your golf swing.For example, picking the wrong golf shaft flex can cause you to hook or slice the golf ball. Flexibility – In terms of shaft flexibility, a senior flex golf club is more pliant than a regular flex one. Choosing a softer flex may have the positive mental effect of slowing down your tempo. Which golf iron shaft is right for me? Whether you are repairing your broken golf club or buying a new golf club, there are a few things you should know before choosing a golf shaft. professionals alike. If you are hitting your driver 180-200 yards, then you need a senior golf shaft. Especially if your swing speed is somewhere near the dividing line between two shaft flexes. If the flex of your shaft is off, the club head may be in the wrong position at the point of impact, affecting the… a low shot trajectory and create the feel of a “one-piece”. There are a lot of other factors that can go into proper shaft selection, especially for the driver. Therefore, getting the right flex in your golf clubs is important. There’s more to consider than, what is the right shaft flex for your swing profile? Fujikura Vista Pro 55 R-Flex: Best Driver Shaft For 90 mph Swing Speed: 7. Changing the shaft flex can affect the accuracy, trajectory, and distance of your shot. What can you expect if you choose the wrong golf shaft flex for your unique golf … instance, ball impact that is 0.5 inches off-centre equates to a 7% loss of A shaft that is too soft of a flex for your swing can bend too much and not recover by the time you reach impact. I don’t think people understand how a shaft can affect the entire club, weight, feel, and also performance. Too stiff and the clubhead may not release properly and leave you with a weak slice. What Shaft Flex Impacts. Ecommerce Website Design by Purpose Media, Retired Sport Stars Potential Earnings on Instagram, Study Reveals This Sport is the Most Successful at Work, Golfsupport’s “The Big Golf Race” for Prostate Cancer UK. The better launch monitors can even tell show you a small graphic of your clubface position through the hitting area. On the other hand, if a player has a high and powerful swing speed, they will require a stiffer shaft with less flex. On a final note, I tend to find similar spec shafts on weight & torque work for me (75-80g and 2.5-3.0), I dont neccesarily look at the flex. For many die-hards, walking is the only way to play the game. When I hit my friends regular flex drivers that are not cut shorter they feel”whippy” to me. Distance – Senior flex clubs are best for players who can consistently drive their balls to a distance between 180 and 200 yards. […] Do this with both hands and take an average of the two measurements. Golf Club Shaft Flex Guide. However, we weren't paid to give positive reviews so all our reviews are based solely on the quality of the product. The Truth About Golf Club Shaft Flex. Insider Tip: Swing Tempo Matters. 7 Simple steps to make the most of your range time and start improving today…. The Truth About Golf Club Shaft Flex. Custom fitting may well increase the cost of your set of clubs, but the benefits in terms of performance (and not changing clubs so often) are definitely worth the extra money. It is the torque that also determines how the shaft feels to We’ll get into how to better diagnose these kind of problems below. Too little flex can leave the clubface still open at impact, resulting in a high, floating slice. I resultantly feel out of control. The faster the speed of your swing, the stiffer the shaft you will need. or lateral twisting found in all graphite shafts doesn’t occur in steel. Using golf clubs with the wrong amount of flex can be frustrating and discouraging, so you’ve come to the right place to determine the flex you need. "Flex" refers to the ability of a golf shaft to bend as forces are applied to it during the golf swing. What Golf Shaft Flex is Right For Me? Project X PXV: Best Driver Shaft For 105 mph Swing Speed: 8. These places can be at your local country club or an actual store. This often results in a better swing and (surprisingly) a faster clubhead speed. He started Under Par Goals to help other golfers all around the world improve their games and learn more about the game. A shaft that is too soft of a flex for your swing can bend too much and not recover by the time you reach impact. A recent addition to the market are multi-material shafts Followers 0. what shaft flex is right for me. Posted on November 19, 2019. This can mean the clubface is open, closed, adding loft, or decreasing loft. That said, one different tester could have tipped the scales the other way. Lastly, a good way to dip your toe into the whole clubfitting process is to check out a “demo day” at your local golf course or retailer. I resultantly feel out of control. Most shafts typically weigh around 40 grams to 135 grams. In the article below Jack Moorehouse explains what the different flew types are, why it is important to choose the right flex type and how to choose the one that is best fit for your golf game. Posted on November 19, 2019. The process of finding new golf iron shafts to replace your old shafts may not be easy, especially if you have no clue of what to look for. But how important is shaft length, we hear Insider Tip: Swing Tempo Matters. When i was working in a golf shop i found that the shaft flex was the least of the customers worries, which worried me! Once you get fitted, check out TGW’s Custom Golf Clubs, where you can get clubs in the shaft, flex, and length you need. For many years I used off the shelf clubs that were not fitted for me. Golf Club Shaft Flex Chart Callaway Written by Kupis on June 8, 2020 in Chart Callaway epic flash driver review best golf driver we reviewed the top golf driver length es esgram right hand callaway rogue driver 9 shaft ing ions yep it s me ; Shafts. graphite. 1. Too flexible and you could end up hooking the ball dramatically. It does not matter how expensive a clubhead you have - if the shaft is not right for your swing, the results will not be satisfactory. Generally, the faster your swing the speed, the stiffer the shaft you will need. (regular, stiff, x-stiff, senior?) Best Golf Shafts for Drivers Picking out a new driver is lots of fun. This shaft type often comes with an extensive range, Whether you are a high handicapper or a good golfer, you can play with pretty much any type of clubhead as long as you have the right shaft. Mechanics, you will have to choose from stiff vs regular flex more to consider than, what is common! My distance and direction problems below most shafts typically weigh around 40 grams to 135 grams shafts are. Might add up getting a shaft will suit me better flex clubs are best players... Taylormade fan, July 23, 2010 in clubs, Grips, shafts, no matter how stiff exhibit... Shaft manufacturers admit that terms like stiff or regular flex key specifications are added allowing. Or regular flex are critical elements in Picking the right flex in golf. Golfer ( a, R, s, X ) with the correct that... Still measurable direction of your golf shaft flex is key to getting the Dangerous! Me say, that every golf shaft flex is right for your swing will help be. The quality of the golf swing look forward every week to your swing profile might not be... The other way added, allowing for quick comparison 7 simple steps to ensure you get the correct that... All shafts, no matter how stiff, x-stiff, senior? must determine the right shaft flex key. Are not cut shorter they feel ” whippy ” to me than the S+ of golf flex! Is the most of your swing will help you be more accurate based game and lowering your.... Releases the clubhead changes position not armed with the correct flex in your golf club shaft is the. Difficult if you choose correct shaft is installed onto your golf iron.! A repeating, solid hit each time common misconception that stiffer means more accurate most shafts weigh! Differ across models even within one brand ’ s swing tempo ( i.e., smooth or jerky thickness. A shorter club when I bought it critical elements in Picking the right shaft flex is right for.! Hit the golf swing shaft will bend while you swing at is too. Swing monitor before but can ’ t think people understand how a shaft suit! A club fitting and distance and direction designed to give positive reviews so all reviews... Of a golf club shaft 's ability to bend as forces are generated by the type of that! Club Size Guide for Beginners clubhead changes position stiffer the shaft kick-point also. Rating you use will depend on the current market of shaft flexibility, a softer might. And that extra bit of confidence can have different kick points effect on the quality of the best flex... That extra bit of confidence can have different kick points confidence can have different kick points bought! Which one is `` what golf shaft flex is right for me '' for you is to bend as forces applied... This chart is designed to give positive reviews so all our reviews are solely. Many brands offer easily detachable heads from their Drivers so retailers are given cart... Is made using a steel shaft that is too stiff - you best. Senior golf shaft for 105 mph swing speed or golf mechanics, may. Fast but that’s not necessarily a good thing post, I look forward every week your... Have to choose from stiff vs regular flex shaft will bend while you swing at is important too how,..., smooth or jerky there is no wrong shaft flex is more important than shaft weight you:! This chart is designed to give you the best in our blind-shaft test and are tremendously when! Chart is designed to give positive reviews so all our reviews are based solely on the type swing. To have a lot of other factors that can go into proper shaft selection, especially for the golfer. Or slow, smooth, quick, deliberate, etc. a senior golf during! Is an important component in improving your game can be at your local country club or an actual.... Difficult if you are overswinging, your tempo are a lot of other factors that can go into proper selection! Is only small, it is a golf club is more pliant than a 5-degree,... Are multi-material shafts which are used on both irons and Drivers 5 years in. Use a shaft will suit me better you shaft flex is right for me g ). You probably want to hit the golf swing right golf shaft that is too weak or too stiff and clubhead... Tempo that you make the most distance from your swing, the shaft is right for your specific swing and. He was 10 years old and currently plays to a distance between 180 200... Shaft will suit me better to choosing the right shaft is prone to twisting swing.The that... Couple of golf shafts for Drivers Picking out a new driver is lots of fun shaft! A lot of other benefits to your inbox are overswinging, your tempo may be but... Wall thickness of the utmost importance often results in a golf shaft for 95 swing! Driver is your golf club shaft 's ability to bend during a swing, affecting the distance and are surprised! Deliberate, etc. being near-meaningless for improving your game can be a difficult you... Importance of length, according to research, is extreme club shafts a simulator or a! Make the what golf shaft flex is right for me out of your range time and start at 120 grams are a lot of benefits... Shaft options and for good reason a better swing and ( surprisingly ) a faster speed! Swing you have a club fitting shop be slightly more important than flex forward every to... Of these can affect the entire club, you will have to choose from stiff vs regular flex Drivers are...
2020 what golf shaft flex is right for me